CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

[quote name='triforcer']those airbrush skirts were fake man.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so? Maybe Cheapy can start a line of them when he's over there and then they wouldn't be fake anymore :roll:

Seeing as I dont have any of those games cause i had to get rid of mine so I could move I would really like to get at least some of them back :D. I dont have my systems any more either but getting the games would definately get me back on track. If not good luck anyway, on your trip.

CheapyD, I am thinking you should give the American gaming audience a heads up on what games to import from Japan. I know there are some great ones that never hit these shores.

In Tokyo, theres this place where a group of guys put on small performances. I saw one when they were setting off firecrakers in their asses!:booty:

u need to enter a sumo wrestling tournament and win the weight class that is obviously out of ur weight class. than show those fatties never to mess with the west.

I've always wanted to go to Japan with an empty suitcase and come home with it loaded with goodies. Too bad its so expensive there and the fact I cant speak a lick of japanese. Thats a pretty nice selection of games there too. Thanks for the opportunity!

hahaha thats awesome, i got a japanese friend that lives in tokyo, name is toji hum, he was an exchange student last year in my school, told me some cool stuff bout tokyo. but yeah, you should go streeking in tokyo with a big cheap ass gamer banner =) and if i win your games i would give some of them out to people who entered this contest since i go to school and work at happy harrys 4 days a week. alright well good luck in tokyo, hehe buy some cool japanese games while ur there.

when are u coming back, or are you coming back? alright peace man. :D

Going to Japan sounds awesome... cuz its where japanime comes from, and japanime pwns all (except the crappy girl stuff thats about love life instead of giant robots kicking the crap out of each other). For my own amusement, i think you should go in there wearing a rice cap and really old stereotype asian stuff, like a kimono, Although the people that your working with might get pissed... ok maybe thats a bad idea, but it would be funny as hell.

Sweet contest and I wish you well in Japan.

Personally, I think it would be funny if you do get in a giant orange cone like wee-man did in the Jackass movie and just block a busy escalator.

Try to spend a little time in Sendai City to the north of Tokyo, it is a moderately sized place where you won't find many other white people; while I was in Japan I always loved the vibe of that place. Oh, and try some Ookonomiyaki if you haven't already. Good luck man!

Been taking Japanese language classes at school so i'll hopefully know what they say to me once I visit next summer!!! And officially no longer a Cheap Ass Newbie.

About Japan - Been their twice and I envy you. My wife and I hope to live their someday. She currently works for a Japanese Sports Newspaper writing articles on WWE for them. Kinda ironic cause she hates wrestling.

About Your games - I don't own 90% of them so I would benifit me alot.

About what I'd like to see you do - Create a CAG nation where gamers can live in peace and play video games all day long.

[quote name='CheapyD']
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

[/QUOTE]

1) About Japan: Can't really share anything pratical, but would like to visit someday. I still like the 'States too much and no job offers from over there so a permanent move is definitely out *heh*.

2) Winning the games: About all I can say is, "RAWK!" Actually I can also say "thanks" to you for the contest. And thanks to Kotaku for pointing me here.

3) How about seeing how many CosPlayers you can "capture" (via camera) in your first week there?

Here's some good news if you're a late sleeper in the morning. Since you're in the Japan timezone, you won't have to wake up early in the morning for the EBGames morning update.

Now, you'll get import titles for cheap...actually it's not import where you will live now is it? Anyway, that's one awesome list of games to win and you better brush up on some Japanese.

Hey there, CheapyD. Been lurking this place forever. You finally gave me a reason to post something.

If I win your games, I will post on the Cheap Ass Gamer forum again. Possibly more than once.

I'd like to see a tourney there - I mean, get some recordings of you getting your butt kicked in 2D games (I'm just kidding, do it the other way around!)

How could a place that gave rise to Iron Chef not be excellent?

As a college student, I need plenty of distraction from learning. Games would be perfect.

You should definitely do something similar to candid camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back