CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Please scope out the deals on cheap tentacle pr0n. I haven't seen enough violation by monsters at a cheap price in quite a while.

I have always been fond of Japan myself, please let us know how it goes for you...

In the meantime, that's a nice collection you have there. Crossing fingers! :D

I want you to do a little "Man on the Street" type of thing, where you ask people where they know good deals for videogames are, but instead of people its teenage girls and boys cosplaying on Harajuku bridge.

Hey Cheapy, you could try to Cosplay as yourself...lol.
Just get you a mic, and where a CAG shirt...lol.
Over there you may have a few people ask but I bet they would be some to say
"Hey there is Cheapy D, cool costume"

LOL

Hey Cheapy thanks for the contest.

When you get to Japan, make sure to go to the hot springs near Mt Fuji. It's one hell of an experience!

I'd love to see Cheapy on one of those Japanese game shows, where they apparently don't worry about lawsuits or the safety of contestants.

"Sting those Canucks!"

If I win the games, I promise to love, honor and cherish them 'til death do us part or until EB has a really good trade-in deal going.

Tokyo is a big city.. Haha, but yea, let's see you ride the bullet train =) i think that'd be pretty cool.. but for my amusement, go to Tokyo Tower, and just shout really crazily, "THIS ISN'T THE EIFfEL TOWER!! WHAT'S GOIN ON??!!" in english, and see how people respond.

i love winning free stuff.
one of the coolest things about Japan is the great number of awesome cars they never sold her in the USA. Skyline, Evo (well not anymore), silvia and others.
and people there are shorter than here (statistically) so you're prolly going to be HUGE over there.

I would like to see Cheapy dine on the deadly Japanese blowfish (the fish contains a deadly poison and when not prepared properly is lethal) and live to tell about it.

Cheapy,

THIS
link is required reading for anyone moving to Japan. This guy explains in great (and in hilarious detail) why Japan is so fucked up.

Seriously, it is one of the few things on the computer that have ever had me cracking up out loud.

Enjoy your time in Japan, and definitely visit those outdoor onsens and public baths. Plus, fast food tastes so much better in Japan ... so visit the Mos Burger franchise or the local Family Mart often. Take care.

Hey Cheapy,

Why don't you soak up some of the culture in Japn and provide pictures of the before and after? Good luck by the way.

Congrats on going to Japan, Cheapy! And good on you for the give away...I'm all about free stuff! As for what you should do in Japan for my sole amusement, I say you should make a C.A.G. flag, take it to some great Japanese tourist site, and take a picture of you planting the flag as you proudly claim Japan in the name of C.A.G.! -=x

Count me in too guys. I'm starting to see alot of these things going around. Damn, people must not have enough room for all the games they buy.

=)

I'm new to this website. HI EVERY BODY!

[Edit] The contest ends one day before my birthday!!

Pick me! Pick me! ...because I never win anything, I wanted most of those games already, the few I don't want or already have will be given to other lucky CAG's through contests of my own, and most importantly...what happens in Tokyo stays in Tokyo!

well japan is a very nice place since the technologu there increases like everyday. you should go around and check out the new things that are out there and arent even close of being in america, plus japan is the home of anime!! once you go there you will not even have time to play games you will so be amused of all the great places u can you to and not even think about those games.

I don't know much about Japan other than what I see on G4TV :), and that it's half way around the world. I would love to read and speak japanese though. If I won cheapy's games, I'd have to share some with my game playing cousins. But I'd love to have the E3 schwag. Seeing as how I'll probably never get to go, I'd love to have some E3 memorabilia.

Once you get to Japan, I would like to see you start your own business, and hire me to help you :)

Good Luck on the other side.

When you go to Japan I would love to see you or ur family on one of my fav Jap shows called Challengers of Fire, its when they win $10,000 for completing a difficult task.
I love Jap mystery/suspense, Police dramas. I love J-pop and some rock. Sony owns Microsoft.
Anime owns newer cartoons. 90's-before cartoons own all anime.

I said everything about Japan except the cartoon thing.

K thanks hope thigs go well in Japan.

I'd like to see you go to one of those cosplayer bars where you pay to have a conversation with a girl dressed, for example, as a Sailor Scout.

Main Entry: Ja·pan
Pronunciation: j&-'pan, ja-
Variant(s): or Japanese Nip·pon /ni-'pän, nE-'pon/
Usage: geographical name
country E Asia comprising Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku, & other islands in the W Pacific; a constitutional monarchy capital Tokyo area 143,619 square miles (371,973 square kilometers), population 123,611,541

In Japan you should to to the arcades regularly and, obviously, take some pics to share with the group :)

You could also set up a sweet export service....

Japan is a scary place with lots of asians, once you arrive in Japan I would like you to hunt down the leaders of all the damn AZN clans, tie them up and send them over here so you they can watch me play all your games!

A friend of mine recently went to Japan and said that it's very clean there, and at night there are lots of lights and it's very bright. I'd definitely want to visit someday.

When you're in Japan, it would be pretty sweet if you went around selling actual games instead of copies... no wait that's China, ok, try selling copies instead of real games. See how long you last.

OK, why should I win your games?

One, because I love this site and love video games (gotta suck up, right?).

Two, because I love Japanese movies, and once you're there, you can report on the latest in video games AND cinema.

Three, and this is the big one, because as much as I love video games and use this site to save me money, I'm not going to have a lot of cash to devote towards any games in the near future, because my wife and I just found out we're having...TWINS! That's right, twins. So my already meager collection probably won't be growing any time soon, because we'll be spending money on formula and diapers. So come on, Cheapy D, help a guy out! I'll need some kind of escape to help keep my sanity, so send me some games!

Four, I've been trying to convince my wife we need an X-Box, so if I had a bunch of games already for the system, she'd have to cave!

Thanks for consideration, and good luck to you and your wife in your new adventures overseas!

If I won the games and such this is what I'll do. I will use the game boxes to fashion a raft and use the the intruction booklets as food for the next month. I will embark on my journey from the Jersey shore and my destination will be Japan. I will use the actual Game Discs as self defense. If any savages attempt to purge my raft I will step it up a notch from self defense, to self offense with spinning discs of death. Those I kill will serve as extra food as I sail across the open sea. Once we meet in Tokyo there will be a parade to celebrate my arrival. I will see you lonesome in the crowd and call you up upon my raft, and a dance party will commence.

If you wish for this to happen, you know what to do.

Japan is a great country with some amazing food hope you like it over there!

And I have very few games only about 6 for all 3 systems toghter so I could use some more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back