CONTEST: Win free games from Large Animal and CheapAssGamer

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations to pimp tyranny, winner of the Large Animal contest!

Has your stocking been stuffed with ultra-lame gifts? This year
CheapAssGamer and Large Animal Games want to make it different.

Post here, telling us about your worst gift ever, and the winner will have their stocking overstuffed with four fantastic games from Large Animal.

Remember, you can only enter once, especially since Santa is watching.Contest ends on December 8, which also happens to be the first night of Chanukah.

The winner will be picked (at random) shortly thereafter, and the prize will
be delivered to the winner with the speed of eight reindeer, electronically
that is.

www.LargeAnimal.com

These guys are based in NYC and I've had the opportunity to check out their office (and their games, of course).
Good bunch of guys...check out their stuff!

The worst gift that I ever gotten was from my wife. She gave me a book about life and happiness. I hated that book. Can't blame her though. She knows how I love to read and at the time we were dating so she didn't know what kind of books I'm into.

I can't recall ever getting a truly terrible gift that I couldn't find any entertainment or use out of. The closest thing would be Bomberman 64. The game itself wasn't a bad present, I love the game to death. What made it bad was that I didn't actually recieve a Nintendo 64 until about a week later. I had this awesome game sitting in front of me that I could not play. It was torture.

Also, before anyone flames me for entering this contest (considering I already won what is to my knowledge the largest prize ever offered by this site):

If I do actually win (which I seriously doubt I will), I will be sending the 4 games from the contest to 4 randomly chosen posters in this thread. Cheapy, if you are reading this and have a problem with me entering, feel free to delete my post, and no hard feelings. I promise I will hold to my word if I win though. It would be the least I could do to repay my debt to this site. Thanks again Cheapy. It is a good thing you do here. :wink:

EDIT: Didn't realize these were web games. I guess that means I wouldn't be able to give them out to anyone. Consider my post stricken from the record and contest.

Ok, the worst gift that I have ever gotten is prolly a candle holder that I got from my best friend one year. I wouldnt have minded but it was used already and I didn't even burn candles. The topper was that my birthday is very close to Christmas and she said the gift was for both.

Worst gift I ever got was when my Grandma on my birthday in front of the rest of my family and such gave me a "happy birthday to my granddaughter" card. Which is bad seeing as I'm her grandson...what was worse though was that she wanted me to read it out loud in front of everyone..embarrasing I can never forget that.

When we were kids my parents would always get me and my brother all kinds of stuff you need/use in everyday life, like socks, gum, and crap like that. We also usually got a tin of popcorn, some candy, and then one sometimes cool gift. All the other stuff was stuff your parents are supposed to buy for you anyway so I always felt a bit ripped off. :)

The worst gift ever? Probably seeing my mom buy things like a NES system, a few games for it, and other toy heaven goodness that would make any child during that time cream their pants... only to see those gifts given to SOMEONE'S kids... I could have died right there...

My worst gift i ever got was when i was around 12 or 13 years old. For christmas my uncle gave me a calculator not even a really nice one but a standard one, if that doesnt suck enough already it was a calculator with a banks name on it (the kind you get for free when opening up an account at the bank) Another funny thing to note about this gift is some of the buttons didnt even work when you pushed them. Seriously the lamest gift ever.

The worst gift I got for Christmas was a bar of soap from my mother in-law. So I soaped her car windows with it. She never figured it out!

My worst gift was...hmm.

I'd have to go with a Jeff Gordon seat cushion. I'm not a NASCAR fan, and the cushion itself was a lousy one. Admittedly, it probably cost about $5, but that's besides the point.

My worst gift ever was a college going away gift, mom my presented me with a box of condoms and said make sure you have safe sex. Box of condoms from MY MOM. That was really damaging to me I just know it, as you can guess I didnt use those condoms I figured if I did I might have mental pictures of her during sex which would be just wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just posted and wow, we got stuck in the same boat. and we posted it at the same time too, lol

maybe not the worst present ever but definately the most embarrasing
My dad, and he's serious. Got me a box of condoms for christmas since my 18th birthday was only a month before. What he didnt realize is that our entire family showed up late christmas eve and I had to open it infront of all of them.

Back when i was 13 and turning into a man, it seemed my family decided to turn christmas into an intervention of sorts... We were never into HUGE christmas event, but had always celebrated with gifts. This year i was to be made a fool of it seemed. From nearly every family member i had recieved several personal hygene items, i walked away that year with several bars of soap, deodorant, toothpaste, cologne(cheap cologne) mouthwash, lotion(yes i put that to good use) and a few other small items.
I was very upset that xmas..
and the problem stemmed from living with a family of mostly women(my mom, and her two sisters and a few other relatives and friends), who i guess didnt know how to tell me this stuff face to face.

Anyways i dont feel bad about it anymore, because black friday is the day i buy myself buttloads of junk that i likely wont use ever again.

The lamest gift I ever recieved was "Whoville-opoly", which was, as you can probably guess by the name, a Grinch themed Monopoly rip-off. Some of you are probably thinking, "That actually sounds kind of cool." Let me reassure you, it was not cool in the least. It wasn't even the good Grinch, it was pictures from the craptastic movie that came out a few years back and it had really cheap plastic tokens and just plain pieces of paper for money. And that was all I really got that year because my family was broke.

Charlie the card. It was a card from my sister. Inside it said, this is charlie the card, happy birthday, and its also Charlie the gift!!! I felt ripped off to say the least.

Underwear. Lot and lots of Underwear.

And socks.

Also those star destroyers that suddenly appeared fencing me in between them and the Death Star. That wasn't cool at all.

The worst gift I ever received...that would be from my girlfriend, I'm sorry to say. It was my birthday, and she was giving me Spider-Man themed gifts because I love Spider-Man, but it looked like she'd just raided the clearance bin at TRU. Here's what I got:

B000066RX4.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yep, "Spider-Vision Goggles". A toy blatantly created for the sake of having one more thing to stamp "Spider-Man(TM)" on. A pair of goggles (too small for my head, I might point out) with flashlights attached. I certainly had no use for them (being well past reading comic books under the covers at night), and I know Spider-Man would never wear such things anyway.

It's not her fault, though; she gets it from her mother. Once, she and her husband had gone on a whaling trip, so for their anniversary she gave him a harpoon. I'm not even sure where one FINDS a harpoon...

In October, my mom asked me what I thought about cows. I said "They're okay, I guess."

Little did I know that my pseudo-positive response would lead to her buying me literally DOZENS of cow items, from slippers to towel racks to stuffed animals.

Not an appropriate gift for an overweight teenager. :D

Worst stocking stuffers ever were from my grandma when I was about 8 I got soap on a rope. underwear, and socks. It was like a family tradition for a few years to get this for all the men and boys in the family.

The hygene stocking :lol:

Well, hard to top this one, even for myself.
This would be three years ago, but after being married for 1 year and a couple months on Christmas day my wife decided to tell me she wanted a divorce because she was in love with somebody else. Soooo, I didn't get a damn thing but a divorce for christmas.
Now the secret behind my christmas themed avatar has been revealed.

hmmm...lamest gift ever huh? I think that the lamest gift i ever got was a box. Literally, a box with wrapping paper on it. Nothing in it. HOribbible

A $5 dollar sam goody's gift card because my mom had one left after giving it to my cousins. Wow, I felt great on Christmas day to have $5 to spend on sam goody's when all their sh!t is overpriced. So my cousins and I all chipped in to buy a shared Gameboy game (5 of us).

worst gift ever was during a secret santa thing, we were supposed to spend around $20 to $30 on a gift for that person. my secret santa was kind enough to get me a cheapass 99 cent christmas ornament.

Wedding gifts are a treasure trove of hideous, aesthetically offensive crap. Stick with the registry, people, that's why we made it!

The worst thing we got was a devilled-egg plate.

We hate devilled eggs.

The thing is a good 16 inches in diameter. We live in a small apartment in Manhattan, with little cabinet space.

The plate is white and pink, with a printed design of garishly colored, interwoven flowers. It's what you might call "country-style" if you were stating what you didn't want your house to look like when you went on "Trading Spaces."

It's so ugly we're embarrassed to re-gift it, because we'd be horrified to be known as the type of people who'd give a present like that. If only we knew someone over 80 years old who lived in Alabama, they might appreciate the beast.

But thank God it came with matching napkins!

For me? Ahh yes, it's coming to me now.
With my father's step-relatives at Xmas. Everybody has a $5 limit for gifts for all the cousins. (Now it's $20 because $5 is too incredibly cheap) I remember that one of the family's, Bonnie and her crew, gave everyone these heavy wrapped up tubes. It gets time to open the gifts and it's a giant cardboard tube Tootsie Rolls inside! I go crazy and unwrap two and put them in my mouth. Aunt Bonnie has to interrupt me and tell me, "Oh, don't eat them too fast, there's only 5 in each tube." I stop chewing, my eyes bug out and I look into the tube again. It's full near to the top with pennies and a few damn tootsie rolls to cap it off. What the HELL!? Our family gave nice gift baskets and hand-wrapped things, she forced her kids to count out 500 pennies for half a dozen tubes. I think from then on, I hated her.

Although I still find the one gift my brother got for his birthday to be the best. We're a well off family. Back home (I'm away for college) we live in a nice community (How nice? Snoop Dogg lives here, too) and recently moved into it was someone from my brother's class. This is the reason, by the way, we wait until they all leave to open gifts. Obviously I'm a gamer and my brother is, too. We have a R.O.B. and a bunch of Game Boys on display in a cabinet. Video games fill shelves all over the house. So what does this rich girl get my brother? Well, it was 1998 or so, so it was the mid-N64 era. He opens up the CD-sized case and finds SimCity. That's right, SimCity CLASSIC. The original. Not 2000, not 2000 Deluxe. Not SimCopter, SimFarm, SimEarth, SimLife, SimSafari. Nope, the goddamn original which we had back in the late 80s with the red score sheet to prevent piracy. From then on we had a bit of hate for that family. You know DAMN WELL they were at Staples or Office Max for school supplies (January 15th is his birthday, so the new semester is starting) and his gift was an afterthought, even though they just finished building a house worth twice as much as ours. (Ours is valued at $1 million, btw)

Worst gift was when I was about 10....my parents gave me a Stevie Wonder tape for xmas. I have no clue why...I never listened to music let alone Stevie Wonder. I still have this tape lying around as proof.

The worst gift I ever got was part of a Secret Santa thing at my job. An old Chinese lady got me a t-shirt that had "NEW JERSEY - THE GARDEN STATE" on it. It was white and pink and smelled horrible. I'm assuming she either gave me one of her old t-shirts or got one for free from a giveaway or something. It was by far the worst gift I've ever gotten. But I still smiled and said "thanks" because she was a nice lady.

When i was 7, I had saved a box for last because I didn't know what it was. When i unwrapped it it was a klenex box. I cryed and my parents showed me it wasn't just a klenex box they stuffed bedroom shoes into it which made it worse cuz id rether have the klenxes

Worst gift hu?

Well...it'd have to be from my mom to my wife and I.

My mom typically forgets where she puts gifts after buying them (large family), or forgets to buy one altogether...so one Christmas, my mom forgot to get us a gift and ended up giving us some frozen steak from her freezer!

The worst gift I've ever gotten for Christmas (and is game-related) is that uber-gimmicky back pack vest that lets you feel the vibration of games sonically. Hell if I know why my parents bought it for me. It was 1994, and I was 8 years old, so naturally the concept of "feeling vibration" of games through a backpack intrigued me anyway. Anywho..It came with another piece to adjust volume and such, but man was it terrible. I got my dad to hook it all up to my Genesis, and I just heard music coming from my pack. Distorted music coming from my back, with laughable bass. After blowing the dust off my cartridge of Street Fighter II: Championship Edition, I tried to check it out again. It sucked, but I didn't want to tell my parents, so I stuffed it in my closet.

I bought one of those feedback devices on eBay when I first got into college. It was like $10 or so on eBay and figured it'd be good for a laugh. It came, I plugged it in and it was just an annoyingly loud sound that came from the hollow feeling backpack. It sucked.

My folks would always try to get a few gifts that were not on my list and sometimes the gifts went horribly wrong. One year I got the Nelson CD. Quite possibly the worst bit of music I have ever heard. They must have though all long hair metal bands are the same.

I get some lame ass wannabe 80's t-shirt from my aunt every year. Whether it is a neon striped shirt to a pink/purple checked shirt, every Christmas I just wonder what atrocity she will provide. It's almost like a holiday tradition for me.

My worst gift ever? I only had a few presents left to open, and one was a video game shaped package. It was from my Aunt, who lived in another state. I grabbed that up quickly, tore off the wrapping paper, and pulled out.....women's underwear! :oops: Not only were my parents recording this, but I also had to send her a thank-you card!?!

The worst gift I have gotten for XMAS recently was a graduation ring. I told my parents that I do not wear rings, watches, jewelry, so I have no need for one. Low and behold, on Christmas day there was a ring in my stocking. I was pissed because of how expensive it was, (close to $300). That was the year that the PS2 was in high demand and I wanted one of those badly. I wish they would have put the $300 towards a PS2 instead of a stuipd ring that has just been in my drawer for the past 3 years.

The worst gift I ever got, was well nothing. I usually don't complain too much about it since my parents take care of me and whatnot throughout the year. Usually I don't get a birthday present either so I never really expect anything for Christmas. I was actually one time excited to get an SNES game(as a kid) for Christmas but I picked it out and well it pretty much killed the "suprise" factor for me. Sure I got a game I wanted at the time(I don't play it anymore) but it would have meant more to me if I got a bad(and overpriced game) like I did when I was a kid when our household got an NES.

I would have to say it would be this regift from my grandma. It was this really awful big plastic, gold painted peacock clock.

The worst gift I have ever recieved was from my Cheap brother, and it was for Christmas. He gave me a worn out book on how to find a better job. The book had clear signs of age, but tried to tell me that it was brand new and that he paid full price for it.

I know that it was an old book of his he had on his shelf and decided to give it to me and say it was new.

Worst gift ever? My uncle sent me a box of used tennis balls and a Bucky Dent baseball card... I can understand the Bucky Dent card being a Red Sox fan and all... but what that has to do with used tennis balls, I'll never know...

Not sure if this counts or not, it's not a gift that I got but it is the worst gift I've ever seen. My friend once got a spatula from her then-boyfriend's mother. When she opened it and saw what it was she was kinf od in shock and the whole family was watching her. The mom said to her "You had said you liked mine so I got you one too."

While she had made an admiring comment on the spatula at Thanksgiving, it was only to make lame conversation at an uncomfortable family gathering. She has since sworn off making spatula compliments.

bread's done
Back