(Contest's over!) Free PlayStation Dualplay prize pack?

dpac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was reading the latest PlayStation promotional e-mail that arrived in my inbox today when I noticed a new contest for the PlayStation DualPlay show that's coming soon. After clicking through to the rather animated site, I noticed that the possible prizes sounded good, so I decided to enter. (There's a link to click for the sweepstakes on the main site.) After a further e-mail confirmation was completed, I was not only congratulated for getting my information entered, but I appear to be receiving a T-shirt and demo disc(s?), too. Here's what popped up:
Success!!
We received your information ... and it's all good!

Your Playstation DualPlay prize pack is on its way. In a few short weeks, you'll be stylin' in your brand new Playstation NYE t-shirt and rockin' out with some hot new demo games.

So you signed up ... now share the love and tell your friends to sign up! You'll be a hero when you fill them in on all the FREE stuff they can get just for signing up. But you gotta tell them soon, cause these prize packs arent going to last long.
"NYE t-shirt"? Do they mean something from New Year's Eve? At any rate, I'd love to finally get a PlayStation shirt, and "hot new demo games" are always good for me.

Oh, and I checked the forums for any DualPlay items, and nothing came up, so I hope this isn't a repeat. I also made sure that similar threads (like the Best Buy demo thread) were located in the Video Game Deals forum as well, but moderators can, of course, move this thread to where they think it belongs. Hope you like my small contribution back to the CAG community. Okay, friends... go and sign up!

--Dan

I signed up and I got this in my email (it was located in the spam section of my email):

Success!!
Your Playstation DualPlay DJ Z-TRIP sweepstakes entry puts you in the running to win 1 of 51 prizes!

Good Luck!

I guess I didn't win the shirt. ..... Like its going to fit me, the one who devours Pork Chop.

Nice! Think im in. Did everyone just get the little msg saying "success" at the bottom when clicking on submit or did the page refresh with something else?

Thanks OP! Signed up, got an email to confirm, and got the message that I'll be getting the shirt and demo disc after confirming.

Hmm... I don't get it. Why would some people have it say that they are receiving these demos and a shirt, but some poeple have it not say that? I was one of the unlucky ones. :whistle2:(

i didn't get the prize pack, either. *shrugs* would've been nice, but it's probably mostly demos that've been given out in the past, and maybe a new one or two (Sly Cooper 3-D springs to mind).

Nothing for me :(

Success!!
Your Playstation DualPlay DJ Z-TRIP sweepstakes entry puts you in the running to win 1 of 51 prizes!

Good Luck!

How long does it take to get the e-mail? I got the please confirm your entry e-mail over a half hour ago and filled that form out.

I'll see if I can address any questions that I can, but I'm sorry if my original post gave the impression that everyone who signed up would get the shirt and demos. (I can go back and edit the original post to make it clearer if you'd like.) I had hoped that everyone would be eligible (and that they'd win), but this apparently wasn't the case. I don't know what the deal is with Florida, but don't a few states have specific restrictions against certain types of contests? Just some rampant speculation for ya. I guess it was lucky that I won something in the first place to be able to post about it here. I extend my congrats to the other winners out there, and my condolences to everyone else. (I know I've been there.)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nice! Think im in. Did everyone just get the little msg saying "success" at the bottom when clicking on submit or did the page refresh with something else?[/QUOTE]Yes, "success" is what is displayed after your entry information has been accepted. If I recall correctly, the e-mail confirmation message came fairly quickly to my inbox after that, but it could have taken more than a few minutes because I wasn't expecting it, and I didn't repeatedly check my e-mail for it. Good luck, all.

No shirt for me either :(

FYI the email may be in your spam filters, mine was..... and was recieved almost immediately after entry

Thanks OP,
I remember this dual play thing. It was back last year at New Year's eve they had Paul Van D Spinning in New York and DJ Tjiesto Spinning in LA. I was going to go but it was a bit pricey

Hmm, maybe I should have confirmed my email this morning instead of just now... No prize for me.

Also, Florida is restricted from most big-prize sweepstakes. Though I used to know, I forgot the reasoning behind this. Actually, it seems to vary with no recognizable rhyme or reason; might have something to do with taxes.

Ah well. Maybe I'll still win one of the actual packs though ^^

Success!!
We have received your information ... and it's all good!

You are officially entered into the PlayStation DualPlay DJ Z-TRIP sweepstakes.

Good Luck!

How are you guys entering? The contest ended on the 12th and the winners have already been chosen.

I don't even see a way to enter, but that could be because I am already a prize winner.

yeah, how are you guys entering? I must not be looking in the right spot, unless it's for the mailing list.

I'm guessing that people are still joining the mailing list. Wow. Maybe another contest will start up to make the effort worth it? (Probably next year, though.)

bread's done
Back