Contra 4 (DS) - 23.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='contej85']Still waiting for this to go lower. My portable backlog is just a bit too large to justify adding to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here.

I bought this for $22 at my local Mom n' Pop within a week or two of launch.

The game is totally awesome. I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the NES or SNES Contra games.

That is all.

[quote name='SuperFox']I want this so badly, yet have three other DS games (Castlevania, Galaxy Wars, Advance Wars) to play...ahhhh.[/QUOTE]

ditto, backlogs are a double edge sword.

at least i have my penguin united CAG carrying case to keep my growing collection of ds games in the ready.

Hope price lasts till payday this Friday...It looks like they PM'd CC's 20% off...but sadly Advance Wars did not fall into that price match.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Yeah, same here.[/quote]
Same here. Especially after getting a PSP recently (which now has a backlog all its own). Liberty City Stories (like all GTA games) is a very thorough game and i'll likely be playing it a while.

Because I've heard that it is ridiculously hard, I am going to wait till it hits $10. $22 is not worth me losing my temper.

[quote name='VWarrior']Same here. Especially after getting a PSP recently (which now has a backlog all its own). Liberty City Stories (like all GTA games) is a very thorough game and i'll likely be playing it a while.[/quote]

There is a lot to do in GTA:LCS. I recently picked it up again and have been playing it on and off. Good times.

I'm tempted, but I wonder if I have the patience for a game like this anymore. I used to love contra in the bad ol' days though.

Be carefule guys, some DS games just fall of the face of the earth and are never to be seen again. Try finding a copy of wario ware touched for a decent price. This game is very awesome, and holding out to save 3-5 bucks may not be worth it.

This game is very awesome, and holding out to save 3-5 bucks may not be worth it.

I'm not worried about saving five bucks, I'm worried about saving my sanity and/or DS. All research done today points to defeating this game being beyond the capabilities of most humans. Then again, you're right...DS games do seem to get rare with a great frequency and more quickly than other consoles' or handhelds' titles. This one I just may have to let recede into the mists of Time.

[quote name='hordak']Because I've heard that it is ridiculously hard, I am going to wait till it hits $10. $22 is not worth me losing my temper.[/quote]

good point :cool:

This is a great price for an awesome game. If you ever enjoyed Contra, Super C, CIII or Contra: SS you must buy this. It's a great challenge with tons of replay value and lots of interesting things to unlock after you've finished the main missions.

It is a great game, but it is extremely difficult. And that's fine, except that now that I'm able to get to stage 5 on Easy (well, I got to it once, but routinely get to stage 4), having to play stages 1-3 seems more like a chore now than actual fun. Yes, I keep trying, but I must admit that I'm trying less often because it's become less fun. I rather wish that it wasn't quite *so* old-school, and that it let you start at any stage you've previously competed instead of having to start at the beginning every time. Or, that I had an Action Replay so I could just unlock the bonus games right now, as that would make the cart more fun again. Still, I'm happy I purchased the game. It's been worth what I paid for it (bought used at GS at last 25%/35% w/Edge off or some such sale). For the amazon price you should get it if you have something else to buy in order to get free shipping.

It is damn frustrating -- but you just have to keep practicing. It's funny like that -- if I don't play for a week, I suck again.

I still have not beat the game but I can get to level 4-5 on medium now. And a few weeks ago I was where you were at.

Once you beat the game on easy you unlock all of the challenges. Not hard at all to unlock the first two contras. Then, it gets HARD.

Going to check with my local GameStop's to see if they have one (as I have store credit), otherwise, I will bite on this. I guess you can't have too many DS games to play!

Come on you CAG pansies, no excuse to not buy this game for a good price. The game is ridiculously hard at 1st, but than becomes very beatable and than easy. I finished the game about month ago and now just unlocking all the achievements, only got 2 left to unlock everything in the game. I cringed badly when I couldn't get far in the game, but after awhile the game becomes easy on any difficulty as you memorize where everything is.

No, see, if I get frustrated with a console game, I might throw my controller. If it breaks, I'm out $30-$50. Sucks, but I can deal. With this...a similar reaction is far more punitive.

Like people have been saying, this game is incredibly hard. I really wasn't having much fun dieing every 5 seconds. I guess you need to keep practicing, memorize the location of enemies, and stuff like that. Personally I couldn't be bothered with that so I wound up using some lives cheat to beat the game. I had a lot more fun that way.

If you liked the original Contra, you'll prolly like this one too.

It is hard when you start, but after you play for a while, it becomes pretty easy (on normal mode). It just takes a little while for you to learn the best way for you to play.

The challenges mode is lots of fun and the cart includes the original Contra and Super C. Must own for any 2D action fan or NES nostalgist.

[quote name='V878'] Personally I couldn't be bothered with that so I wound up using some lives cheat to beat the game. I had a lot more fun that way.[/QUOTE]

What lives cheat?!?!? Is that the one that Wombat posted about on his blog? I tried to do that, but it didn't work for me. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know what. Would you could step-by-step it for us, better then was done on that blog entry? I really just want to beat it on easy in any way possible so I can unlock the challenges and then extras.

[quote name='crunchewy']What lives cheat?!?!? Is that the one that Wombat posted about on his blog? I tried to do that, but it didn't work for me. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know what. Would you could step-by-step it for us, better then was done on that blog entry? I really just want to beat it on easy in any way possible so I can unlock the challenges and then extras.[/quote]

Yes, please share the cheat with us! :pray: I promise I won't use it!! :^o

[quote name='Foo228']good point :cool:[/QUOTE]

This game is not hitting $10...You guys are fools for not picking this up...And if you claim to be a hardcore gamer, and don't get this...You are not a real gamer...Bushes

[quote name='dserafin1986']This game is not hitting $10...You guys are fools for not picking this up...And if you claim to be a hardcore gamer, and don't get this...You are not a real gamer...Bushes[/quote]

Well, in that case: if you claim to be a CAGer, and don't believe it will ever hit $10... you are not a real Cheap Ass Gamer...Bushes

;)

This game not hit $10, no, but it will hit lower via a Konami price slash of $20 or CC will clearance it out for around that price. If you truly are a cheap ass and didn't buy this day one, then keep holding out for a price drop. This isn't a Atlus title folks. Hell, even Phoenix Wright saw a re-print and dropped in price. Can you please link to me to DS titles that went up in price after their intial releases and STILL have went up in price since day one? Besides Electrowhatever.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Can you please link to me to DS titles that went up in price after their intial releases and STILL have went up in price since day one? Besides Electrowhatever.[/quote]

Advance Wars Dual Strike, Hotel Dusk, and Etrian Odyssey are the only ones I can think of.

[quote name='boyward']Advance Wars Dual Strike, Hotel Dusk, and Etrian Odyssey are the only ones I can think of.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Hotel Dusk? Well color me surprised.
Still the amount (4 games) is pretty slim compared to the entire DS library. I was going to say Wario Ware: Touched! But it seems to be going for under $30 now on fleabay.

Looking at fleabay complete legit Hotel Dusk's sell for $25ish shipped, Advance Wars Dual Strike easily surpasses the $35 mark in most cases. Etrian Odyssey is pretty damn close to the original price.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow, Hotel Dusk? Well color me surprised.
Still the amount (4 games) is pretty slim compared to the entire DS library. I was going to say Wario Ware: Touched! But it seems to be going for under $30 now on fleabay.

Looking at fleabay complete legit Hotel Dusk's sell for $25ish shipped, Advance Wars Dual Strike easily surpasses the $35 mark in most cases. Etrian Odyssey is pretty damn close to the original price.[/QUOTE]

Tetris DS is another one that's gone up. Except for import/bootleg copies, it often sells for over $50 on eBay.

Another surprise is Clubhouse Games, which is in the $45 range right now.

bread's done
Back