control your xbox360 from your iphone

theredworm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
the "myxbox" app updated today and now you can launch games from a menu in the app on your xbox, took me a min to setup but worked great, if this is the start of the "smartglass" era I like it already

tested it launching minecraft from my phone and it was quick and easy
AvUBqb7CMAAgRXP.jpg

[quote name='crunchewy']According to Microsoft this is *not* SmartGlass. Just an interim thing.[/QUOTE]

Never even crossed my mind. Hopefully SG is way better!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can you do this with the Droid version?[/QUOTE]

Hmm I swear I read (looked) at something just for Android.

Well, don't be too jealous Android users. The Xbox companion part of the Xbox app is weird. It has playback controls in Netflix, for example, but they are ridiculously tiny and at the bottom of the screen (and only play/pause, skip forward/back), with 95% of the iPhone display having a blurb about what Netflix is. Awesome. Also navigating with the on screen Xbox controls is really clunky and worthless. Pretty stupid. The only part that seems worth anything is being able to look through your games and tap one to go to it, but I doubt I'll ever use it. I hope SmartGlass is a whole heck of a lot better than this!

I have the droid x2 and the myxbox app sucks on it. It takes forever to load and my avatar hasn't loaded properly once. I have, however, been very satisfied with the spark paid version, Xbox live app. That thing works like a charm.

The Xbox app works fine on the iPad, but I don't think it's updated with the controls yet.

I've been using it for Netflix because I always accidentally hit the controller when I'm watching a flick with my roommates (why I don't just put it on the coffee table, I have no idea). Now they just need to add a keyboard search functionality!

I do appreciate Microsoft doing this though, now I don't have to buy the media remote.

bread's done
Back