Controller decisions!

LagFest

CAG Veteran
Okay, I'll make this easy to read :)
As a starting point, I currently own only one xbox360 controller for my PC games, a wired one.

Choice 1: Buy ANOTHER wired xbox360 controller to play offline with my friends (street fighter, etc). What I've read though, is that a second pad generates conflict because it has the same name and thus it isn't recognized as a new one, so money wasted!
Is this true? If it is, is there any way around this?

Choice 2: Buy a WIRELESS xbox360 controller, which comes with a USB receiver for the signal. Will this controller be recognized as a different pad than my current wired one and how much time does the receiver work until it dies off, considering I take good care of my peripherals? Will it have conflict with my Wi-fi USB adapter? a TP-link one, little white thing that provides me with internet signal from the router.

Thanks for your help!

You can rename the controllers what you want and the conflict is easily resolved. That issue only occur with select games that were programmed badly.

Really? Well that's a given :eek:
Guess I'll go ahead and grab a new wired controller. Not a chance for the wireless one? No cables would be nice but if the receiver is terrible then that would suck ..

The receiver is fine, I've had the official receiver for a couple years and have had zero interference issues with it, and I use quite a few wireless devices. If you prefer wireless, I would recommend getting it. I wouldn't get a knockoff receiver though.

[quote name='LagFest']Really? Well that's a given :eek:
Guess I'll go ahead and grab a new wired controller. Not a chance for the wireless one? No cables would be nice but if the receiver is terrible then that would suck ..[/QUOTE]

I find wireless to always be hit or miss. Something always interferes with it. I have 4 wireless controllers for my HTPC in the living room. They are great but every now and then you get lag.

I have 2 360 wireless controllers and they work fine. I had them for a year now. I choose to these controllers because they are supported by Microsoft just so i don't have too much hassle to get them working.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']I have 2 360 wireless controllers and they work fine. I had them for a year now. I choose to these controllers because they are supported by Microsoft just so i don't have too much hassle to get them working.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's home is different and if you're in a spot with a lot of interference you will have a different experience.

bread's done
Back