Convince Me To Buy A Gamecube

Don't, just save your money and wait a few more months for the xbox 360. Trust me you'll thank yourself later.

Unless of course you want to buy my gamecube, it comes with it's very own set of cobwebs and resident dust bunnies.

I bought a GC a few weeks after launch. I regretted that. The GC is definitely not a system you should buy unless you have at least one of the other two. Sure, I played more of my bro's XB and PS2 games than I did GC games, but GC's exclusives are well worth buying the system.

But buying a GC now would be the smartest thing you could do. The GC is easily the most dependable system and it's cheap too.

Its library of exclusive games is large and full of quality titles:
1. Metroid Prime
2. Resident Evil 4 (for now)
3. LoZ: Wind Waker
4. MP2 Echoes
5. Eternal Darkness
6. Super Mario Sunshine
7. SSB Melee
8. Pikmin
9 Pikmin 2
10. Paper Mario 2
11. F-Zero GX
12. Animal Crossing
13. Mario Kart Double Dash!!
14. Tales of Symphonia
15. Baten Kaitos
16. Zelda: Four Swords

All exclusives, all great, all cheap (except for RE4... but RE4 alone is worth a GC:p).

Plus, don't forget the biggest reason to a GC is finally coming...;-)

I say you wait to pick up the GC Smash Bros. Bundle ($100) that's coming out towards the end of the year. You won't have to worry about the problems that may come with buying a used one. However, I've never even had a problem (not even one DRE) with my GameCube.

The multiplayer games are really great and it has some of the best single player experiences to date (Pikmin, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, etc.).

If you can't wait, I'd still suggest looking for a new GameCube over a used one. But that could just be a personal preference... I've never really trusted used systems.

do you have an HDTV? No one had mentioned that gamecube has way more quality titles that support 480p than PS2. It's expensive to get the cables, but the games look amazing when you do.

All first party games support 480p! Nuff' said there...

[quote name='fivecardstud']do you have an HDTV? No one had mentioned that gamecube has way more quality titles that support 480p than PS2. It's expensive to get the cables, but the games look amazing when you do.

All first party games support 480p! Nuff' said there...[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you buy an older gamecube, since the new ones don't include the component port.

i just got one because i left my ps2 and xbox at home when i went off to college... i didn't plan on buying one but here is my excuse to get one hehe

Here is my story:

About 4 months ago I bought a GC along with Mario Sunshine, Zelda:WW, Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. I rented RE4 about a week later. The only game I've really sunk alot of time into is RE4, it's my favorite game on ANY system. Now i'm playing RE0, never was a fan of the series untill getting hooked on 4. I've since gotten rid of Mario Kart, couldn't get my friends to play with me and i got bored of single player, Smash Brothers same as above nobody wanted to play as I was the only one with a GC and i kicked their asses. Mario and Zelda i've played some but haven't been sucked in yet, they are kinda blah to me.

Buy a GC and buy the Resident Evil series and be happy and satisfied.

Got a Gamecube at Meijer today for $56 dollars after taxes (Santa Bucks and Employee Discont) and it was a BUNDLE! The Pokemon XD bundle!

It rang up the sale price of $69! (Game alone sells for $49!)

Then I used the $12 santa buck and my 10% discount. :)

Then I went to Blockbuster and got these games used.

Metroid 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia.

and a $19 memory card for around $60 :D

i got ps2 then gamecube then xbox..honestly my wife wanted the gamecube but i thought 'this will give me a chance to play the exsclusive games!'

So anyways after about 2 weeks I realized that I hated the controler to a point where I didnt wanna use it ..it felt like a toy.

The exsclusives were disapointing from the mario smash bro stuff that got boring in like 5 mins to the 'multiplayer pacman' u can play using a gba and pacman vs.

For me it doesnt live up to the hype it doesnt have the great game library like past nintendo machines .
Graphics are all cartoons blah.
The games are more exspensive than the other systems gamecube games cost more used for some reason.

My Gamecube collection is without a doubt the largest and best collection of any system I've ever had:

Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario 2
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin 2
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Smash Bros: Melee
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Resident Evil 4
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (which I will be trading for Monkey ball 1 and 2 shortly)
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Animal Crossing
F-Zero GX

I think I'm forgetting one...

Not only is it a collection I'm proud of, but it has some of the best, highest-rated and beloved games ever made, of any generation. And the games will be replayable with Revolution thanks to backwards compatibility.

w00t.

honestly, i never really planned on buying a gamecube in the first place. i lived in a house where all my roommates owned one. however, one by one they began to sell their off in an effort to buy PC games or Xbox games.. to keep a gamecube in the house, i bought one off my roommate with the net adapter and 2 controllers for $100. Best decision i ever made. I still play my gamecube quite a bit.

Ikaruga, Chaos Field and Nintendo Puzzle Collection get played alot and when i'm visited family we usually rent Mario Party or some Mario sports title to keep busy.

It's a great machine, it's just unfortunate that it doesn't get alot more developers.

Recently got mine, I was an elistist PC gamer after my initial disappointting ownership of Xbox(most games are pc games that look better on pc), then short ownership of Gamecube, but I grew disenchanted with PC gameing and was looking for something new so I bought a Gamecube again and loved it ever since.

Games that are great that I own

viewtiful joe 2
POP:T2T
Metroid Prime
Batman Begins
Mario Golf
Tiger Woods 2004
Wave Race
Fight Night 2 (awsome controllers, not a button pusher boxer, uses both sticks for most of the boxing)
Mario Sunshine
Resident evil series

and about 20 other games because of clerance sells. With the game be so execellent and prices so cheap I would recommend the Gamecube to any disenchanted PC gamer or Bored FPS player.

naruto 3 and 4 (if you like imports)(fighting games)
paper mario
re4
mario sunshine
metal gear solid twin snakes
mario kart double dash
super smash brothers melee
all the zelda games on the gamecube!
soul caliber 2 with link!!!
fire emblem

bread's done
Back