Cop arrested for beating alleged rapist

skiizim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (100%)
This topic is a little touchy since I'm a parent, I really don't know how I would have handled the situation if I was presented with it, I might have taken it further.

http://www.wwl.com/pages/16971512.php

Northshore authorities are releasing details of a case in which investigators say a cop beat a suspect in a juvenile rape and allegedly let another man beat him too.

"Deputies with the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office responded to a disturbance complaint at 22600 Walker South Road located in Denham Springs," Sheriff Jason Ard said in a news release. "When LPSO Deputies arrived on scene, a Walker Police Officer had a suspect in custody."

The sheriff says the cop allegedly hit the suspect after learning he was accused of molesting a child; handcuffed him, and hit him some more; put him in the police car, and continued to hit him; and then let a family member of the victim hit him.

"While responding, the Walker Officer identified as James Dipuma struck Robison several times while Robison was in his custody. Officer Dipuma also failed to stop a family member of the victim from hitting the suspect while in Dipuma's custody," Ard said.

The sheriff says that 19-year old Raymond Robison (above) "was engaging in sexual acts with a juvenile" when a family member of the victim walked in a witnessed the rape of the little boy.

Ard says because the suspect had obviously been beaten, they investigated further to determine how he sustained facial and other injuries. He says it became clear that Dipuma decided to take the law into his own hands and administer "justice" on the scene.

"That's not what law enforcement is about," the sheriff said. "Never are we ever above the law."

The 32-year-old officer, James Dipuma, is charged with malfeasance in office and 2nd degree battery.

The 19-year-old alleged rapist, Raymond Robison, is charged with aggravated rape, molestation of a juvenile and resisting an officer.

The 45-year-old family member, Charles Madgett, faces a simple battery charge.

Dipuma has since been suspended by the Walker Police Department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, with the militarization of the police force in many states, arming themselves to the teeth like nuts and going after even minor criminals full force, I'm surprised this cop got arrested. But considering this cop kept continuing to beat this kid even AFTER he arrested him, this is indeed police misconduct.

Well what can you say.  If it's proven and you get caught then you're in trouble.  We'd all like to beat the crap out of rapists but it simply doesn't work like that.  Of course if it were my daughter the consequences wouldn't matter.

This topic is a little touchy since I'm a parent, I really don't know how I would have handled the situation if I was presented with it, I might have taken it further.
If you're a cop its not your job to administer justice only to enforce the law. This cop is an idiot and deserves to be fired also that 19 year old soon to be dead mr.rapist deserves to be killed. No child molester can ever shake wanting to fuck kids.

The cop should have realized that anything he or the victim's family member did to the alleged rapist would not be anywhere near as bad as what he would experience in prison.

Law enforcement is a field where great personal restraint needs to be exercised.

I could give a pass to the family member but not the LEO

I could give a pass to the family member but not the LEO
This. Handcuff the perp to something in the house while you take the wife or someone outside to "interview" them. Then, come back and get the perp. Anything that happens inbetween... Well, some people are just clumsy, you know? (Not wholly serious, by the way...)

I'm a big proponent of people who walk in on sex abuse of a child, beating the ever living shit out of the perpetrator on the spot, but even with that relatively unique stance, if you're a cop, you can't do that. Now if the cop had to go out to his cruiser, leaving the rapist in handcuffs back at the house for a few minutes, and the rapist just happened to be severely beaten by the family member...err...I mean he fell down the stairs while in cuffs, that would have been a real shame.

But again, I think rape of a minor with an eye witness (let's say non-consensual, under 18) should be a an automatic death penalty case.

I think most people, most decent people, may feel the urge to agree with the cop and say "hell yeah! Beat that dude's ass".  Rapists don't get much sympathy, nor should they.  When it's a child, it's even less, and once again, rightly so.

Having said that, the fact that the guy was "alleged" to be a rapist, I think it's a bit premature to be going Marcellus Wallace on that dude.  Now they said they walked in on him doing it, and if that's the case, and the guy cops to it, then well... I dunno.  If it was my kid or a kid I knew and cared about, I might be tempted to go upside his head a bit as well though.

But think about it.  How many people were in prison for decades and then exonerated on rape charges, murder charges, etc due to DNA evidence?  How many people were put in prison based solely on eye witness testimony, which was later found to be either mistaken identity, or just flat out lies coerced by the police/prosecutors/etc?

Over 300+ people have been exonerated due to help from The Innocence Project.  That doesn't even factor in potentially innocent people who have been executed (like Cameron Todd Willingham in Texas).

That's why I'm against the Death Penalty, and why I would resist the urge to join in the celebration of someone who beat another person based on allegations that he did something horrible.

IF he is guilty, then lock him up and let him suffer in prison, and I guarantee he will suffer in prison.  But this vigilante bullshit is just that.  Bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF he is guilty, then lock him up and let him suffer in prison, and I guarantee he will suffer in prison. But this vigilante bullshit is just that. Bullshit.
My understanding is that the guy was literally walked in on raping a kid. That's pretty irrefutable.

But regarding your vigilante line...aren't you promoting the notion that a child rapist will be mercilessly sodomized and attacked in prison as a form of justice in this case?

My understanding is that the guy was literally walked in on raping a kid. That's pretty irrefutable.

But regarding your vigilante line...aren't you promoting the notion that a child rapist will be mercilessly sodomized and attacked in prison as a form of justice in this case?
No, not really. I say lock him up and the reality is that rapists/child molestors do not fare well in prison. So it's sort of a pragmatic look at the idea of not taking justice into your own hands, but be assured that he will be dealt with. Right or wrong, that is a reality.

And I'm not saying this guy didn't do exactly as was said. But there's been stories in the past of a black dude having sex with a white girl, their parents walk in and then they go to the cops and say "he raped her, I walked in on him raping her" and the girl, pressured by her parents, went along with it.

Not saying this situation is that, but I've always been hesitant to just go gungho in the direction of "GUILTY!" because someone said so, because history has shown that isn't always the truth.

I have no respect for a child molestor though, and as I said, if he's guilty, then lock that mother up.

bread's done
Back