Corpse Party (PSP) $9.99 on PSN

Mharhon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
From the Playstation Blog

From 10/23/2012 to 11/06/2012 Corpse Party for PSP, which is only available as a digital download from the PSN store is half-off at $9.99 as part of XSeed's announcement that they'll be releasing a second game in the series, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows before the end of the year.

Unfortunately for international CAGs, It looks like this deal might be U.S. only.

P.S. Sorry if there's something wrong with this post, this is my first time sharing a deal. Hope you all like it.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...oming-this-winter-corpse-party-sale-tomorrow/

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is this actually good? Is it similar to 999 on the DS, or Ghost Trick? I will have a Vita this week for VLR, so input appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It plays kind of like a JRPG, but with no battles at all. It's walking, talking, and decision making. I'd say it's worth its $20 asking price, and definitely $10.

[quote name='shadowkast']let's not start a new thread for every psn deal. Frisky does an excellent job of maintaining his thread[/QUOTE]

Corpse Party deserves its own thread! :)

[quote name='mkelehan']It plays kind of like a JRPG, but with no battles at all. It's walking, talking, and decision making. [/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty boring. I guess there's no levelling up either?

[quote name='shadowkast']let's not start a new thread for every psn deal. Frisky does an excellent job of maintaining his thread[/QUOTE]

Normally I wouldn't care, but yea, I agree. Frisky's thread is always incredibly on it.

[quote name='keithp']Sounds pretty boring. I guess there's no levelling up either?[/QUOTE]

It's like one of those old school hentai games without the hentai. It's a visual novel.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is this actually good? Is it similar to 999 on the DS, or Ghost Trick? I will have a Vita this week for VLR, so input appreciated.[/QUOTE]
really good game. it was well worth 20 so 10 is a steal

[quote name='keithp']Sounds pretty boring. I guess there's no levelling up either?[/QUOTE]

It's not boring by any means, but probably not the game for a strict action/shooter or combat-based-rpg fan (pretty story-based with lots of reading...no combat/leveling/etc). It incorporates survival horror type mechanics in that the gameplay largely revolves around exploring and trying to find the items/paths/events that will allow you to progress in the story. Despite the lack of combat, there's plenty of dying with a little trial and error thrown into the mix... It's a great game with a captivating story and some awesomely weird humor...

Got this many moons ago, but barely started playing it now because of Halloweenie time. Spooky stuff.

Don't let the ghosts touch you.

[quote name='MR_E']It's not boring by any means, but probably not the game for a strict action/shooter or combat-based-rpg fan (pretty story-based with lots of reading...no combat/leveling/etc). It incorporates survival horror type mechanics in that the gameplay largely revolves around exploring and trying to find the items/paths/events that will allow you to progress in the story. Despite the lack of combat, there's plenty of dying with a little trial and error thrown into the mix... It's a great game with a captivating story and some awesomely weird humor...[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the great description. It actually sounds pretty good then! How long is it?

[quote name='keithp']Ah, thanks for the great description. It actually sounds pretty good then! How long is it?[/QUOTE]

I forget exactly (bought it when it was first released), but I think around 10-ish hours for the main story...ymmv, depending on how much you get lost, how long it takes you to figure out the puzzles, and how many times you die and have to restart from a save.

There are multiple endings in each chapter, though (doing something that gets you killed actually gives you a separate ending, so it sort of encourages you to die in every way possible...haha...although you do have to get a "correct" ending to move on), and in addition to the 5 main chapters, there are 10 short extra chapters unlocked by achieving certain endings. So you'll probably get hours of replay value, too, if you want to collect all of the endings and bonus content.

Game is awesome picked it up a while ago definitely worth $10

Also lol at some of the translations, like the one about butt cream. Gave me a good laugh when I read that

When does this price go live? Have been checking in all morning on my Vita and still at $19.99 (i know, i know, patience blah blah)

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']When does this price go live? Have been checking in all morning on my Vita and still at $19.99 (i know, i know, patience blah blah)[/QUOTE]

I've been feeling the same way. I got quite excited after reading up on the game a bit and want to get this... Just hoping the drop happens soon.

i think the price changes when psn updates... which is around night time (6-9pm est?) or something

i'm probably wrong on the time, just vaguely remembering from waiting for a dlc once

GxFmv.png

Corpse Party has some...interesting conversations.

Awesome game, but it's not an RPG. It's kind of like a point and click adventure game, except you are moving a character around.

It's a very awesome game though. Despite it's 16-bit style graphics, it can actually be pretty creepy.

Played this game awhile back and it's fantastic! $10 is a steal. Normally I'm not into the survival horror genre but this game had such a nice story I got sucked into it to quickly ._.

I came here to post that conversation involving the ass medicine, but it seems that deed has been done. In any case, glad to see it finally go on sale. Might be a while before I play it due to my backlog & such, but I can't wait to get it.

[quote name='Fabrizo']
GxFmv.png

Corpse Party has some...interesting conversations.[/QUOTE]

I want to know what this conversation was trying to say :lol:

bread's done
Back