Coscto: Playstation 3 Move Controllers, Babylon 5, Transformers, Game of Thrones

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Some better than decent deals at Costco Canada. Spotted at Kitchener:

Playstation 3 Move Controller: 34.99 {DEAD}
Playstation 3 Navigation Controller: 19.99 {DEAD}
[special sale value, expires (but still good on the day of) 6/24] {edit: I screwed up, it ended on 6/23}

Babylon 5 Seasons 1-5, movies: 13.99 each
Crusade, the complete series: 13.99

Transformers: The Vault (book): 22.99
Game of Thrones, books 1-4 box set: 22.99

If you are at all a science fiction fan, I urge you to take a look at Babylon 5. I would have a hard time deciding between it and Battlestar Galactica as my favorite TV series.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOHHHH Song of Ice and Fire! Thanks for heads up. Just finished up first season of Game of Thrones and it was absolutely fantastic. I'm also usually not a fantasy/sci-fi person, so I highly recommend the show to everyone. Now have to pick up the series and delve in.

I got the ebooks from the library, thinking of reading the first book now that the first season is done but I don't want to spoil future seasons of the show by reading the other books. Good show.

+1 on Babylon 5. Galactica had a chance to finish right but the networks really screwed around on B5 so they wrapped the series up in season 4 and then TNT picked it up so they had to go another season. Then Crusade got cancelled because the network wanted more sex in the show and J. Michael said no. You can always trust TV execs to ruin a good show.

My kids are currently watching all my B5 discs in order and are totally hooked. They're all heavy sci-fi readers (Dune, Space Odyssey, Space Trilogy, etc) and they love the attention to detail in the writing and the arcs that happen. As far as writing goes there was none better than Babylon 5.

One thing that I love is Walter Koenig (Chekov) as Bester. He is absolutely brilliant in the role. My kids see him as Bester and think of Chekov as some minor roll he did.

I'll pick up Crusade as I don't have the official discs yet. Thanks for info.

I picked up some of the B5 DVD sets a few days ago at Costco. But there were only 2 copies of Season 5, and both of them had broken disc holders inside them. For those who don't know, the B5 sets aren't just thin DVD cases or sleeves, the DVDs are mounted on plastic tray spindles. A neat idea, but not a practical one as a lot of them are broken however they end up at Costco.

As it is, I settled for a Season 4 DVD set that was cracked but not rattling around broken inside. When I opened the Season 5s, plastic bits just poured out of the case.

[quote name='Robotron2084']My kids see him as Bester and think of Chekov as some minor roll he did.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the way Koenig thinks of it as well. I saw him at Comic Con in 2006, and that's pretty much how he described Chekov.

If you're talking about online prices, possibly not. Web prices a Costco are often different from in-store prices because they do include shipping.

[quote name='blandstalker']Game of Thrones, books 1-4 box set: 22.99[/QUOTE] I was at Costco yesterday and I didn't see. I took a quick stroll through their book section so I might has missed it with all the people parking their carts along the way. I borrowed the books from the library years ago, but I could never finish it because I keep getting different editions which messed up which page I left off on.

B5 is an excellent series. The effects are a little dated, but it is some of the best serialized television ever produced. It is clear the writers sketeched out their story arc at the beginning and were able to follow it through, even when there was a change to one of the main actors.

Highly recommended if you are a sci-fi or just a fan of good story telling.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I got the ebooks from the library, thinking of reading the first book now that the first season is done but I don't want to spoil future seasons of the show by reading the other books. Good show.[/QUOTE]

Trust me you won't be done by the time the next season comes out :) All the books are 1200 pages of small print. I am almost done the third book, and started 2 years ago. I was pretty stoked when I head about the game, and them making the HBO series as well. I had to take a little break from them, as I was on overload, but yeah they are long. I'd take them over Lord of the Rings. Actually the are regarded as one of the great fantasy series. Most places list Song of Fire and Ice in their top 10 fantasy series ever.

~S

Sorry everyone -- I screwed up on the end date of the Move controllers. The sale ended 6/23, though if you're lucky and they still have the signs up, they'd probably have to honor it.

The Game of Thrones set was on its side -- I would have missed it, were I not looking hard for the Vault, which was buried under children's activity books.

And yeah, there will be book 5 later. But there's no guarantee Costco will have a box set of that. I had been looking for the books, and 22.99 is a lot less than the $40 it would take to buy them separately.

went to costco in windsor yesterday they have the move sports champions bundle for $66.99 price good until july 3

bread's done
Back