Costco 1.5tb & 2tb seagate drives (works in ps4)

This often hits $80 on amazon. I had a camelcamelcamel alert for $79.99 just a few days ago. It's $85 right now.

Just popped mine open. Extremely easy no tools required although a knife helped get the corner for me but if you gto good nails you wouldn't need it.
Samsung Momentus drive inside.

If you shop around and are patient you can find the bare drives aswell as the ones shown above cheaper on ebay. Also free shipping and usually no tax on ebay.

Just popped mine open. Extremely easy no tools required although a knife helped get the corner for me but if you gto good nails you wouldn't need it.
Samsung Momentus drive inside.
Where is the HDD itself manufactured? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
People should realize first that the drive removed from the enclosure has no warranty outside of the enclosure, so you can't get rid of the enclosure and need to keep it if the raw drive goes bad.

The bare drive without its enclosure goes for sale for $100 regularly, though that drive would have a 2 year warranty as a standalone internal drive.

Anyone have any recommendations for Western Digital 2TB or more for PS4?
There isn't a WD drive that fits in the PS4, nor a Hitachi drive. Seagate/Samsung SpinPoint M9 2TB is it for largest drive in 9.5mm in height.

Anything in the WD family bigger than 1TB is 12.7mm or higher, same for anything in Hitachi. Toshiba's upcoming 3TB drive is 12.7mm high, so won't fit in the PS4.

If you shop around and are patient you can find the bare drives aswell as the ones shown above cheaper on ebay. Also free shipping and usually no tax on ebay.
Those drives on eBay are usually pulls from external enclosures like this one, as are some third-party sellers on Amazon. I ran across one and found it to be just as such, as checking the drive's model # and SN # on Seagate's support site showed it to have no warranty.

If you at least buy the external drive and remove it yourself, at least you'll have the enclosure to use for warranty purposes. However, if Seagate gets an external enclosure and they see that it's been opened, they can invalidate the drive's warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
People should realize first that the drive removed from the enclosure has no warranty outside of the enclosure, so you can't get rid of the enclosure and need to keep it if the raw drive goes bad.

The bare drive without its enclosure goes for sale for $100 regularly, though that drive would have a 2 year warranty as a standalone internal drive.

There isn't a WD drive that fits in the PS4, nor a Hitachi drive. Seagate/Samsung SpinPoint M9 2TB is it for largest drive in 9.5mm in height.

Anything in the WD family bigger than 1TB is 12.7mm or higher, same for anything in Hitachi. Toshiba's upcoming 3TB drive is 12.7mm high, so won't fit in the PS4.

Those drives on eBay are usually pulls from external enclosures like this one, as are some third-party sellers on Amazon. I ran across one and found it to be just as such, as checking the drive's model # and SN # on Seagate's support site showed it to have no warranty.

If you at least buy the external drive and remove it yourself, at least you'll have the enclosure to use for warranty purposes. However, if Seagate gets an external enclosure and they see that it's been opened, they can invalidate the drive's warranty.
Thanks for the info about the drive height restriction, I wasn't aware. Have to look and see where I'm at already.

bread's done
Back