COSTCO: $99 Spherex 5.1 speaker Xbox YMMV

crazyj

CAGiversary!
This has seemed to have been confirmed $99.99 for a 5.1 speaker set BRICK and MORTAR only from what I've seen. Quality is great and at this price you get a real good bang for your buck.

*update* Appears that I did not notice it seems to be mostly a northwest deal but keep an eye open anyway in case I am wrong*

*edit* forgot to mention but the warranty is crap on the product but since its from Coscto you get their uber awesome return policy*

it does not seem to be in any NJ stores. However Compusa has it listed instock in totawa for 199.99
Not sure if I want it for that price. But I do need a surround sound system

[quote name='zuluhammer']I believe it is $45 for the "basic" membership.[/quote]

Actually it's up to $50 now, it was raised a few months ago.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Do you have to have a membership, or do they have guest passes like Sams does?[/quote]

You can get a day pass to look around, but you can't buy. I would suggest doing that first if you're not sure that your store has them in stock.

However, there is no "guest pass" to shop.

There is a loophole though that if you are ever unhappy with the membership you can get a complete refund. Therefore it'd be possible for you to create a membership, buy the speakers, then ask for a refund on the membership.

Well I just had my set die on me tonight. It doesn't want to turn on anymore. Bah gotta go exchange it tomorrow. Thank god for costco return policy :bomb:

bought a second set tonight, planning to move out in a year so going to bring one set with me.

9 left at issaqua costco (they must have had some in the back).

Can't find it in Monclair, CA... man.. this set would have been nice...

anyone know if they have it at Azusa or Rancho cucamonga branch? thanx

[quote name='blitz6speed']Theres none in all of southern california, SD, etc. N. Cali and up are where they are.[/QUOTE]
just no confirmation of anyone finding a set or did you call?

[quote name='xplode427']just no confirmation of anyone finding a set or did you call?[/quote]

LOL, if you must know, i called 8 stores locally, 4 in SGV area and 2 in SD. There are none here. They are found in N. Cali however, and my buddy bought mine at the Santa Clara store and said there were a lot left (over 10).

To be honest I kinda predicted there wouldnt be any in southern cali.

The problem with being a CAG here is that our economy moves pretty fast and stores like costco can move products quite quickly, why do you think most of the real good finds happen in less populous states.

At least 8 more available in Gilroy, CA (it looked like the display was setup for 8 units, so there might be more in the back).

I know it's been said before, but these things are HUGE - I couldn't even fit the box in my trunk.

still a ton at shoreline, wa. they're by the xbox section in the middle.

anyone having problems with the remote? mine can be unresponsive or too sensitive.

is there anyone from hawaii in here and, if so, do you know if any of the costcos here have any? i called one of them but the lady that answered didn't sound too knowledgeable about....well.....anything haha. thankz in advance!

You know, I've seen these for a while at my Costco and just assumed they must be pretty crappy for the price they were selling them for :lol:. Maybe I'll pick up a set.

Just to let you guys know, only the NW and N. California stores got any of them. Looks like there were around 800 or so left today at opening. Portland had the most at the moment with 60 this morning.

They must have gotten a good deal on a container or so full of them, and bought all that was left. I didn't see anything in the rest of the US, sorry :(

[quote name='marctina']Just to let you guys know, only the NW and N. California stores got any of them. Looks like there were around 800 or so left today at opening. Portland had the most at the moment with 60 this morning.

They must have gotten a good deal on a container or so full of them, and bought all that was left. I didn't see anything in the rest of the US, sorry :([/QUOTE]

Ah, see, I regularly go to one of the Portland stores and late last week they had at least 12 of them. I'll have to stop by tomorrow and get one. I already have a surround sound receiver, but it is ancient (got it at Costco in 2001 or so). I'm not sure if this one would be better or not, but I guess I can give it a shot.

[quote name='dsullo']it does not seem to be in any NJ stores. However Compusa has it listed instock in totawa for 199.99
Not sure if I want it for that price. But I do need a surround sound system[/QUOTE]

Which locations did you check?

Bought to go do the Sunday shopping with wifey. Gonna check Hazlet Costco and if they don't have it then Edison. Will update with any findings.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']If anyone in Tucson has a membership and can get an extra pair, I will pay you $120 for a set.[/QUOTE]

Neither store had any, not even a display for them. Will second this dude's offer though.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I didn't see anything.

Has anyone seen these in the INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI Costco? If they have, I'll ask my aunt to buy them for me, and I'll just pay her back.

Thanks in advance.

Does no one read? Other then oregon, WA and northern california, no other costcos have these. End of story. If you know someone there, have them buy one and ship it to you. It weighs 55lbs. Mine is on the way from Santa Clara, CA right now, should be here tuesday.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Does no one read? Other then oregon, WA and northern california, no other costcos have these. End of story. If you know someone there, have them buy one and ship it to you. It weighs 55lbs. Mine is on the way from Santa Clara, CA right now, should be here tuesday.[/QUOTE]

That sucks and shipping for 55LBs would be kind of pricey. Especially since these are only in the West Coast and I'm in Jersey. :|

I just bought a set. They sound remarkably good and this is in comparison to my $10k home theater gear. Bass sounds good, but not hard hitting, but didn't expect it to be. Imaging takes a little getting used to, but sounds natural after a few minutes. Very encompassing sound, sounds much bigger than they physically are. Pre-packed cables are a bit short and very thin, at least the front 3 are for where I want to place them. Very nicely packaged and they have a good weight to them.

For $500 they are very impressive and a very good deal, but for $100 it's the best CAG deal I've found so far this year. I'd buy more to give as gifts, but I have no place to store them.

Thanks OP!

Forgot to thank the OP, i got mine shipped from a buddy in santa clara and they look great. I havent installed it yet due to waiting for my new projector, but definetely thanks.

bread's done
Back