Costco B&M: DS Lite bundle $99.98 (possibly YMMV)

Googer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I spotted this in one of my local Costco's today. It's the bundle with carrying case and not much else that had been selling for ~$140. I'm guessing they're clearing these out and will put DSi's in their place. AFAIK Costco pricing is universal, in which case the only YMMV part of it would be if your local Costco still has these bundles in stock. Good luck CAG's! :)

Edit: I hit Costco on my way home from work today and noted more (requested) details. The item number is 479995 and includes a 'folio' carrying case and car adapter in addition to the DS Lite itself. I can also further confirm my suspicions for why they marked them down, since this location also conveniently (finally) just got DSi bundles in. ;) (item number 479996 with the same accessories - obviously DSi versions of them). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried checking today, but forgot that they're closed on Memorial Day. I'll have to check tomorrow.

...Is there a game in the pack, or is it just accessorires?

Do you have an item number? If so I could do a regional search to see who has it. Looking it up by name isn't easy due to the multiple DS bundles.

Next time I'm at Costco I'll note the item number on it, assuming they're not already gone by then. This pack is just DS Lite + accessories, no game. :)

No luck in Vacaville, CA. Only DSi Bundles, and no trace of DS Lite bundles.

[quote name='Archgarth']Do you have an item number? If so I could do a regional search to see who has it. Looking it up by name isn't easy due to the multiple DS bundles.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind, could you please check the Fairfield, CA location to save me the trouble of driving there for nothing? OP says the item number for the DS Lite Bundle is: 479995. Thanks.

Does Costco have one day memberships or anything? Sam's club used to do that, you had to pay an extra 10% when you bought something though.

^ I don't think there is a 1-day membership BUT you can always get a full refund of the membership fee anytime during that 1 year.

I'm a family member of 3, and so far I've been buying eggs, milks, and basic needs there (toilet paper, etc) and I basically getting the membership fee back since I'm an executive member (2% cashback / $100 annual fee). And I also split my membership fee with my sister ($50 each) since you can have 2 names under 1 membership fee. :) They don't care as long as you tell them that you're living in the same house.

[quote name='gi60']^ I don't think there is a 1-day membership BUT you can always get a full refund of the membership fee anytime during that 1 year.

I'm a family member of 3, and so far I've been buying eggs, milks, and basic needs there (toilet paper, etc) and I basically getting the membership fee back since I'm an executive member (2% cashback / $100 annual fee). And I also split my membership fee with my sister ($50 each) since you can have 2 names under 1 membership fee. :) They don't care as long as you tell them that you're living in the same house.[/QUOTE]

You are preaching to the choir. I've had a Costco membership before. Although, I had to go w/ Sam's club because of the cheap bubble mailers; I can go in Sam's club to get them but I have to order them from Costco. Since I have a college ID, I was also able to get the $40 collegiate membership. They immediately give you a $15 gift card so it really only cost me $25.

So here goes, all inventory should be current as of this morning, call beforehand to verify quantity:

Northwest region, unless you live near Everett, WA or the Ogden UT location you are out of luck.

Bay Area Region:

Sandcity #4
Redding #10
Novato #4
Merced #3
San Jose #2
Santa Cruz #3
Rancho Cordova #7
Fairfield #2

Wanted to pop in and say thanks to Googer. I was able to pick up the very last DS Lite bundle at my local CostCo for $99.98. My girlfriend is thrilled with her new handheld. :applause:

Sweet, I'm going to run by the KOP Costco tonight and see if they have any left. $10 says that they'll only have pink, if anything.

Edit: Boo-urns, no DS Lite bundles at the King of Prussia Costco.

Fairfield, CA ran out sometime between me calling at 1030 and my wife checking around 1230. :cry:

The CSR she talked to mentioned that it was $119 anyways.

No go @ the Grandville, MI Costco either. They only had DSi's for $180 something with case and charger.

Found a store that checked multiple states, still $99.
He explained management at any store (in this case TN?) has discretion to further reduce the last couple units of clearance, but it is rarely done.

Price for stores with stock is still $99.xx per company pricing.

Sorry about getting everyone worked up. :(

There were only 3 left at my store (Winchester Rd if anyone out here is reading). The sign said "LAST TIME" or something to that effect.

bread's done
Back