Costco bluray sale (ymmv possibly)

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Today I saw a bunch of blurays on sale at Costco (the one in Sacramento), and it seems like people are confirming that these sales are valid for all Costco.

- Band of Brothers ........................ $29.99
(credit goes to hotwls13)
- Die Hard Collection .................... $29.99 (credit goes to hotwls13)
- Corpse Bride ............................... $12.99
- V for Vendetta ............................ $8.99
- Rocknrolla .................................. $12.99
- Fight Club .................................. $15.99
- Ratatouille .................................. $19.99
- Wall-e ....................................... $19.99
- Constantine ................................ $8.99
- Die Hard Live Free ........................ $8.99

There were many more, but I'm going off on memory here

*edit* Picture of the Costco ad with discounts listed

costcoad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol these arent deals at all just go to amazon.com and I bet they'll out do all of them if not most. I know Corpse Bride is like $10 on amazon for Blu Ray

thanks for the heads up, but i have to agree with iso there...

with the possible exception of V and Rocknrolla, those are consistent w/ amazon (some are higher).

Amazon usually have better value; but by now I think the shipping for super saver delivers after Christmas.
I thought it'll be a nice deal for someone who needs small gifts quickly. I love buying stuff from Amazon, but I also like the purchasing stuff from stores.

thanks for the heads up, but i have to agree with iso there...

with the possible exception of V and Rocknrolla, those are consistent w/ amazon (some are higher).
I think with CA tax it maybe actually slightly higher or just about the same price with Amazon; but I still stand buy that these bluray deals are decent alternatives to Amazon.

Also, could someone help with the list?

I went to costco yesterday and at least at the Costco I go to sell them for $44.xx. I'm not sure where they got $29.99.

I also remember
-Constantine $8.99
-Die Hard Live Free $8.99 (memory is a little foggy on this)

I could probably stop by there at around lunch (gonna try to remember to make a list this time)

[quote name='hotwls13']BINGO!! Just picked up my Blu-Ray Band of Brothers for $29.99 at costco!!![/QUOTE]

nice, prolly gonna go lunch to pick up my copy as well

yeah, I confirm band of brothers is $29.99!!!
The sticker still says $44.99, but $15.00 is taken off during checkout.
Pick up your copy NOW!!!!

This deal is at every Costco, and there are tons more Blu Rays on sale. I picked up Mr. and Mrs. Smith for $9.99 and Band of Brothers for $29.99 - this was the Venice Beach location.

There is a master coupon that the checkout person should scan before scanning the blus I believe, otherwise the register should automatically deduct the sale price. There were tons and tons of discounted blus however I really didn't have time to sift through everything. Some sale prices are better than most other stores/amazon, other sale prices stink.

yeap. went to costco and picked up band of brothers bluray for 29.99+ tax as well as the sopranos season 1 blu for 29.99+ tax. i had to return my other band of brothers bluray that i bought end of last month for ~50$ instead of getting a price adjustment on the receipt but whatever. good deal on some blus

So when costco says $6.00 off on Disney it means they will take an additional $6.00 off the sticker price?
ie. Wall-e costs $19.99 (sticker) and they will take an additional $6.00 off at the register making the total to $13.99?

i dont think wall-e was listed as one of the disney blus for that particular $ off sale...correct me if im wrong.

Just got back from my local Costco (Yonkers, NY) and they didn't have a damn single copy of BoB on Blu-ray. WTF?? I even had them check the their computers. NADA!!

They had 40+ copies of BoB on DVD and plenty of Tru Blood and Sopranos on blu.. There were signs hanging above each section of DVDs & Blu-ray advertising the sales.

6a01240b85cc45860e0123ddf44ba1860d-500pi

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Costco had/has about 6-8 copies of BoB on blu ray so I p/u one. There was no sign or anything of it being on sale just the 44.99 price tag but when the cashier rang it up I noticed right away the -15.00 on the cash register.

Just picked up a copy of Band of Brothers from Costco. It had the $44.99 price but at the register it came up as 29.99. Glad I waited instead of buying from Amazon.

Couldn't find a single Die Hard collection unfortunately. Would have gladly paid $30 for it, and a Sopranos Season 1 possibly.

[quote name='WTFer']So are these coupons or just ads for the prices?

[/QUOTE]

Those are the coupons; however you don't actually need to carry them in with you. There is a 'master' coupon at each register where the Cashier should scan them before (or after) scanning your blu rays. So on the floor BoB is $44.99, but at register its $29.99.

[quote name='dejeckt']Those are the coupons; however you don't actually need to carry them in with you. There is a 'master' coupon at each register where the Cashier should scan them before (or after) scanning your blu rays. So on the floor BoB is $44.99, but at register its $29.99.[/QUOTE]

So the cashier has to physically scan a coupon then, the discount isn't applied immediately?
My Costco is packed everyday & it would seem like a hassle to ask the cashiers to look for a coupon that they might not know of.

Went to another Costco today (Waterbury, CT) and they were also sold out of Band of Brothers on Blu-ray. ARRGGHH!!

Has anyone else been having as much trouble as me??

I guess I'll have to go to Best Buy and pay $37 for it...

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Big Trouble in Little China on Blu-Ray is only $9.99. Come on![/QUOTE]

I went to two Costco & only one of them had a copy, the very last one on the shelf :)
$9.99 is a steal for it.

At my Costco they had Reservoir Dogs, Crash, V for Vendetta, 2001 A Space Odyssey and some others I don't remember for $8. I picked up V for Vendetta and 2001 A Space Odyssey.

bread's done
Back