Costco Deal: Xbox 360 Elite Bundle (2 games, extra controller, play and charge) $239

kaoticz

CAG Veteran
My buddy who works at costco called me yesterday, telling me about an elite bundle for $239.99. If anyone wants to check it out, feel free. This is in store only. I'll get an item number today.

Mght grab this instead of the MW2 Bundle, since my 360 has been acting up. Going there later for groceries, so hopefully its already available.

[quote name='jazzman']Mght grab this instead of the MW2 Bundle, since my 360 has been acting up. Going there later for groceries, so hopefully its already available.[/QUOTE]

Alright, let us know. I would buy it just because it's such a good deal.

If this is true I think I'm just gonna trade in my 360 to gamestop, get the $25 bonus then get this. I'm excited, hope this checks out!!

1) What 2 games?
2) I don't care about 1. I'm in for this if it's legit just to have a spare 360 come the time mine inevitably bites the dust.

I'm sure the two games are Lego Batman and Pure that they have been bundling with elites for a while now but the discount plus accessories still make this a good deal.

If this is real this may be the best deal I've seen.
Elite = $300
2 games = $120
charge and play kit = $20
Controller = $50
=$490
-$239
= STEAL

[quote name='gkrykewy']My guess: this is 339.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that sounds alot more likely....historically, Costco bundles are the normal hardware cost plus $40 for a second controller with another item thrown in for free, such as charge and play or a PS3 remote. The two games are likely to be the 2 from the holiday bundle

[quote name='KMunley']If this is real this may be the best deal I've seen.
Elite = $300
2 games = $120
Controller = $50
=$490
-$239
= STEAL[/QUOTE]

The games are obviously Pure and Lego Batman, which according to eBay, have a value of $15; not $120.

[quote name='KMunley']If this is real this may be the best deal I've seen.
Elite = $300
2 games = $120
Controller = $50
=$490
-$239
= STEAL[/QUOTE]

More like...
2 games = $30
no one in their right mind would pay $60 a pop for those crap games. Regardless, it's still an awesome deal if true.

It's weird ... how come when Pure and Lego Batman are bundled with a console, their values sink to the bottom. But when Uncharted is bundled with a console, its value remains steady?

[quote name='chuckywang']It's weird ... how come when Pure and Lego Batman are bundled with a console, their values sink to the bottom. But when Uncharted is bundled with a console, its value remains steady?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is a AAA game, and well worth it's original $60 value, at $30 it's a no brainer purchase...that, and I can't imagine the Uncharted bundle sold much. Who the hell wants to fork over $100 more just for a slightly larger hard drive?

[quote name='chuckywang']It's weird ... how come when Pure and Lego Batman are bundled with a console, their values sink to the bottom. But when Uncharted is bundled with a console, its value remains steady?[/QUOTE]

The holiday bundle games are free, ie the bundle costs exactly the same as non bundle and they come out at Christmas time, so a ton of them get sold. Uncharted came in bundle that cost $100 more than standard PS3 (although it did have a bigger hard drive as well), so it didn't move a ton of units. Uncharted is also viewed as one of those 'should buy' ps3 titles, so the demand for it has remained strong. Things like Lego Indy, the demand wasn't that massively strong in the first place and then it got swamped by hundreds of thousands of them flooding the market from the holiday bundles.

Not sure why, but I am not getting such a good feeling on this. This could easily be extreme YMMV only, or even more likely would be this is more like $339. If this is really 239, I will be down there as soon as I get confirmation of this being true.

All I'm saying, don't get your hopes toooooo high if this guy is just toying with us.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Not sure why, but I am not getting such a good feeling on this. This could easily be extreme YMMV only, or even more likely would be this is more like $339. If this is really 239, I will be down there as soon as I get confirmation of this being true.

All I'm saying, don't get your hopes toooooo high if this guy is just toying with us.[/QUOTE]
I'm not. I just called him again to verify it. But an update:

Its $239 with 2 games. Thats it. Console, One controller, and 2 games. No extra controller or play and charge like I thought. Still, quite a deal. I'll be down there to check it out later.

I'd bet the farm this OP's intel is missing something. Last week at my local costco, management informed me that they were getting a shipment of elite bundles on 10/30 from the warehouse. When questioned, it had a different sku than the one's on costco.com and the details were for $299, with Pure and Legay. Mngt was unable to give me more box content info from his screen at the time. That being said, there's no way the price at $239 for an elite bundle is correct. If it were true I'd cancel my Super elite MW2 bundle in a flash. Sorry to pop bubbles. I'm certain I can get you guys the sku today if you wanted it.

Only way this seems feasible is with a pro or arcade console. As far as I can remember, Costco does not sell Xbox's for below MSRP. The attraction/promotion has always been the value of the xtras that are bundled and the lifetime return. Meaning, if it is an elite, at best would go for over $300.

[quote name='Dynamic3']The games are obviously Pure and Lego Batman, which according to eBay, have a value of $15; not $120.[/QUOTE]

Ohh guess I was mislead I thought it was any 2 games. Oh well, Pure is an awesome game still.

Just got back from Costco and unfortunately the Elite bundle is not 239, it is 293. On top of it all it only includes the Elite bundle, with Pure & Lego Batman and no additional controller or plug & play kit, comparable to other B&M stores. They don't even have the units out on the floor. It is just a cardboard cutout (similar to what is used for movie tickets) with a picture of the PS3, Wii, 360 Elite, and DSi consoles.

I guess I am just going to order that MW2 Bundle from Costco.com.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Uncharted 1 isn't an AAA game and is no longer worth $60 after having been out for two years either way. /offtopic[/QUOTE]

your opinion/off topic

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Uncharted 1 isn't an AAA game and is no longer worth $60 after having been out for two years either way. /offtopic[/QUOTE]

If Uncharted isn't a AAA game, I don't know what is.
And no duh, who would pay $60 for it when it's a $30 greatest hits title?

Uncharted is just the byproduct of internet hype. The game is good, and as the sequel shows, was severely lacking. Either way, someone said it was well worth $60 -- I was just pointing out that it has been out for two years and isn't anymore =P http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/uncharteddrakesfortune?q=Uncharted
--------------------------------------------------
Doesn't appear to be available anywhere in the Chicago land area -- both the Elite and Pro bundles. I also didn't see any PS3s either at the Costco in Glenview. Guess this was just a purging of old stock for the holidays.

It is soooo sad that I paid $350 last April (2008) for a 20gb Xbox 360. I think anybody who paid over $300 for an Xbox 360 understands how I feel. By the way I'm not critisizing Xbox 360, it's a freaking sweet system... just hate that I paid so much for it.

I think I may just sell my Xbox 360 if this is true. I keep my hard drive(only reason I would keep it is cause it still has a year of Xbox live on it) plus sell the 360 for $130-$150, rebuy this Xbox 360 bundle and make off like a bandit:)

bread's done
Back