Costco Online PS3 Bundle revealed... sort of

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dear Costco Member,

You requested to be notified when the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time.

Orders for the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Monday, November 20, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.

We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

time to get all hard for this

Does Costco charge cheaper for electronics? I know they are a bulk seller (like 50 gallon jars of tomato sauce) but dunno about prices on a console. My parents have a membership there but oddly I was never curious about checking out their game section.

Costco is usually great about bundles, they won't make you purchase too much excess, possibly an extra controller and 1-2 games.

Plus you have that flawless costco Return policy that alone makes it worth buying there.

[quote name='Kendro']Does Costco charge cheaper for electronics? I know they are a bulk seller (like 50 gallon jars of tomato sauce) but dunno about prices on a console. My parents have a membership there but oddly I was never curious about checking out their game section.[/QUOTE]

They usually sell the consolewith game and extra controller. If you buy compare it by buying separately, costco usually cheaper by around 20- 30 bucks.

Zoglog;2372545:time to get all hard for this

You know something? I think I did!!
Thanks for the info.

There are no Costcos in my area (and I am obviously not a member), so I assume that there's no way for me to purchase the bundle, correct?

You could always join Costco (though it says it takes up to 2 days for the membership # to be e-mailed to you if you join online) and cancel if you don't get the system if the membership fee is worth it to you to get the system

So I have a membership to Costco, but...

1) Do I still have enough time to sign up for a costco.com account?
2) Is this limited only to members of Costco, or to any people that sign up on Costco.com? I noticed on the site that there's a 5% surcharge for non-members, but the ad makes it seem like only Costco-wharehouse members can run.

IIRC, not only do yo uhave to wait for the card to arrive in the mail, you'll also need to go activate it at a local costco.

I'm not sure on this though, since I never bought online (except the membership itself, there was this promotion for 10 off ATM).

You could always just go get a membership in stores though.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']So I have a membership to Costco, but...

1) Do I still have enough time to sign up for a costco.com account?
2) Is this limited only to members of Costco, or to any people that sign up on Costco.com? I noticed on the site that there's a 5% surcharge for non-members, but the ad makes it seem like only Costco-wharehouse members can run.[/QUOTE]

ah wtf, my membership ran out, can i renew it online? i am going to costco's site right now to try. Or hell i may just try my luck at B&M costco, as they can renew the membership when you are checking out.

edit: ok sweet i just renewed my membership and set up a costco.com account, i am totally going to be at a computer at 8am friday instead of trying to camp out for friday morning(will still camp out at bestbuy for the midnight launch)

[quote name='KazuoKiriyama']8:00 AM...What time zone?[/QUOTE]

"This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time."

Bad news for everybody, and I'll just post it here instead of making a new thread.

Word from Corporate on down is that the Costco Warehouses, company-wide, will not, I repeat, will NOT be selling Playstation 3's and Wii's on launch days this weekend.

Costco Corporate is of the opinion that they do not want to deal with the trouble, so on Friday morning, and on Sunday morning there will be no PS3 or Wii to purchase at any Costco Warehouse. Online only.

Stores will not be able to tell you when they are getting them in, as they will only show up on inventory when corporate decides to start selling them (my guess is a week or two after launch, but that is just an educated guess). I have verified this through company inventory, not a single store in the Northwest region has any of either bundle listed as on order or as in-transit. It has also been verified with my Warehouse manager.

So, long story short, they will be getting them, they will be selling them, but not in the Warehouse's themselves on launch, and when they get them in is anybody's guess. But they will have them for the holidays.

I find this more of a good news than bad news really. I was planing to go camp with my 2 english papers. Now I can write them back at home while having a bit of sleep and waking up a little before 8 to order.

Course, site is going to be hammered, bad. They probably should do something like how Xoxide handled their Operation X this month. You need to complete a puzzle before you can purchase.

nah cause it is one per a card account. So i don't think it would be a lot of ppl ordering cause not anyone can just order from costco.

Stupid People! Why can't you guys just keep your mouths shut? And you guys expect to get one yourselves! Watch me post this shit on myspace and let everyone know. Then let's see who gets one!

You don't think people will eat the $50 membership in order to buy a PS3? You can make a membership as easy as adding it to your shopping cart.

This is my ONLY shot at getting one now. I was going to camp out but I would have had to camp for 48+ hours in 35 degree weather with a 25-35 wind gusts. Screw that! I'll be much more comfortable sitting at home at my desk hitting refresh.

[quote name='abhinav']Is there a PS3 on Cosco? I mean where do we click to buy on friday? Well anyways it is good news and i hope i get one![/QUOTE]

ahhh.......
did you not read the 1st post?
On Friday 8am pacific time
" The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out."

Looks like good news for anybody that wants to try to get a membership to get this bundle....Check this out directly from Costco.com

untitled.jpg

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhh.......
did you not read the 1st post?
On Friday 8am pacific time
" The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out."[/quote]

My bad. Yeah this is my last shot at getting a PS3 aswell and i realy want one for launch... well lets hope this dosnt go out to the fat wallet folks. Just wondering but did anyone else get the email from costco to confirm?

oh nvm, I'll visit the store:

How do I become a member with Costco Wholesale?
There are three ways to become a member:

• Stop at the Membership counter of your nearest Costco Wholesale location. They will issue your card immediately
  • Visit Costco.com. Once your order is processed and your credit card charged, you will receive an email confirmation at the email address used when placing the order. This email will contain your new membership number and you will receive your membership card(s) in the mail within 7-10 business days.
  • Call us at 800-774-2678

[quote name='abhinav']My bad. Yeah this is my last shot at getting a PS3 aswell and i realy want one for launch... well lets hope this dosnt go out to the fat wallet folks. Just wondering but did anyone else get the email from costco to confirm?[/quote]

It was on FW before it was here. Yes, I got the email as well.

[quote name='Cindaddy']It was on FW before it was here. Yes, I got the email as well.[/QUOTE]

What is FW?

[quote name='Cindaddy']It was on FW before it was here. Yes, I got the email as well.[/quote]

Crap. Well this deal is going to be alot more tough now...

[quote name='Pooter']What is FW?[/quote]
FW = fatwallet.com
SD = slickdeals.net

They are probably your main competition when it comes to online orders. Each has PS3 preorder threads that are hundreds of pages long.

[quote name='estat']FW = fatwallet.com
SD = slickdeals.net

They are probably your main competition when it comes to online orders. Each has PS3 preorder threads that are hundreds of pages long.[/QUOTE]

wow.
The servers are going to be SLOW Friday morning. It will probably crash too (I don't think costco is remotely prepared for the number of online users at one time, at least 1000 times the normal traffic), but not until I have placed my order :)
Good Luck to everyone on CAG.

yeah, pretty much nothing compares to slickdeals threads...FW is second, but you get cash back. Both are just awesome sites to get deals on.

Alright, so if someone in your family is a member, you can use their membership to setup a costco.com account. However, can i use a credit card that is in my name to pay for it? Or does the credit card has to be in their name too? The addresses on the credit cards are the same.

Also, what happened to amazon preorders/ps3 webpage? Weren't people camping there?

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members

That means a lot of people will be disappointed come Friday morning when they try to add a membership to the cart.

Hopefully I can get in on this, I didn't feel like freezing my ass off while waiting. I want a Wii, and I want a PS3 to help fund me get me a Wii and some Zelda!

Re-reading the OP and noticed this little part...

"Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from CURRENT Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time."

So if you're not ALREADY a Costco member you may be SOL.

[quote name='runtothesun']Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members

That means a lot of people will be disappointed come Friday morning when they try to add a membership to the cart.[/quote]

THATS RIGHT. thats what you GET for not having a membership before this. SUCCKKAAAASSSSS. have fun camping out in front of bestbuy and circuit city.

[quote name='f_man']THATS RIGHT. thats what you GET for not having a membership before this. SUCCKKAAAASSSSS. have fun camping out in front of bestbuy and circuit city.[/quote]

I wouldn't think they'd filter it out based on when you got your membership, if you did so in a store the day before... I suppose that's something to ask to Costco customer service, eh?

[quote name='vacaloca']I wouldn't think they'd filter it out based on when you got your membership, if you did so in a store the day before... I suppose that's something to ask to Costco customer service, eh?[/quote]

I imagine they would. Their website was down for about half an hour or so this morning, prehaps due to adding in new scripts?

Since the Emails were sent out later on after that, I imagine that would have been the cut off point.

They also have a way of telling exactly when you got your membership, as it tells me in my account when I need to renew mine. I believe it means you cannot add the membership to your cart nor try and get one online today or tomorrow. It takes two business days to get your membership number, and it will be too late for most people by then, as the bundles will be OOS.

Wow I hope all the hoarders don't catch wind of this. Hilarity will ensue at all those FW and SDers who created $50 accounts only to be shut down from ordering a PS3.

[quote name='runtothesun']They also have a way of telling exactly when you got your membership, as it tells me in my account when I need to renew mine. I believe it means you cannot add the membership to your cart nor try and get one online today or tomorrow. It takes two business days to get your membership number, and it will be too late for most people by then, as the bundles will be OOS.[/quote]

I think you get your membership number in the email right after you purchase, or you can go to the store directly:

How do I become a member with Costco Wholesale?
There are three ways to become a member:

• Stop at the Membership counter of your nearest Costco Wholesale location. They will issue your card immediately
  • Visit Costco.com. Once your order is processed and your credit card charged, you will receive an email confirmation at the email address used when placing the order. This email will contain your new membership number and you will receive your membership card(s) in the mail within 7-10 business days.

[quote name='runtothesun']They also have a way of telling exactly when you got your membership, as it tells me in my account when I need to renew mine. I believe it means you cannot add the membership to your cart nor try and get one online today or tomorrow. It takes two business days to get your membership number, and it will be too late for most people by then, as the bundles will be OOS.[/quote]

probably worth a shot to ask at your neighborhood costco and/or call their customer service number regardless :) I know I will :whistle2:D

bread's done
Back