Costco Online PS3 Bundle revealed... sort of

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dear Costco Member,

You requested to be notified when the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time.

Orders for the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Monday, November 20, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.

We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

time to get all hard for this

yeah I got the runtime errors on the last page too, but so far I've only gotten one confirmation. I'm pretty sure it only charged me once.

[quote name='tdr32341']I finally got through and got my order in - even though it showed sold out on the main page, it was still sitting in my cart so I just kept trying. My confirmation email just came too.

I'd say if you have it in your cart, its definitely worth it to keep trying... Good luck to everyone.....[/quote]

How did you manage to get through 4 clicks through shipping, payment, and confirmation without getting one run-time error?

u just have to be really lucky at that time to get that. I think i got 3 of those pages consecutive times. now im stuck on main cost homepage. looks like its down now

[quote name='abhinav']God damnit i cant even get get to costco.com anymore... this is just horrible luck on my part[/QUOTE]

now it says "site closed"!

Yeah I think they finallly shut everything down. It'd be nice to know if they included the items in the cart as the ones they "sold".

I got all the run-time errors, but I just kept hitting back and forward until the page reloaded - that's why I was originally worried that I got charged multiple times. I also used 4 different firefox tabs.

[quote name='Lampei']Go to the Home page..."SITE CLOSED" AWESOME! :([/quote]

Right after I put in my payment information! Fantastic! :applause:

I'm gonna go and kick some kid down the street! ;)

-- N

[quote name='bil4ltool']Does anyone have the costco help number so I can call them and see what's up so we can all stop wasting our time? If I could actually get to the site I would get it, but I can't so I was hoping someone here has it![/QUOTE]

Try this: 1-800-955-2292. I have to go out for a little bit, otherwise I'd call. I hope were not just wasting our time!!

I guess the web dev guys couldn't figure out how these new orders were coming in so they threw up one page (site closed) and took down all other pages. Well, we'll just have to wait until the site comes back up again, then rinse and repeat :D

[quote name='Lampei']I guess the web dev guys couldn't figure out how these new orders were coming in so they threw up one page (site closed) and took down all other pages. Well, we'll just have to wait until the site comes back up again, then rinse and repeat :D[/quote]

Willing to bet this is what happend and we are gonna get some mad CAGers if they retract this shit...

[quote name='Lampei']Go to the Home page..."SITE CLOSED" AWESOME! :([/quote]

that's the second time today. right after it re-opened like 4 people got theirs. . .just be patient. .

yeah i got through by just going crazy with the back button (dont ask)
I got to the "receipt" page, with teh order confirmation number.
does anyone know how long it has been taking to get a confirmation email????

Damnit! I think they cleared my session (and cart) when I got to the final purchase screen "Your shopping cart is empty" :(

got the confirmation email
however, i would not be surprised if the site just messed up and people ordered more ps3s than are available.
would not be surprised if my order is cancelled eventually...
what do you guys think?

[quote name='shadow711711']hey how long does it take to get a confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

Got mine in under 10 min

if its canceled I won't be pissed, (crosses fingers). I was way, way more angry that buy.com canceled my gun/outfit/marketplace order. I ordered gun and the outfit for 7.50 a piece, tacked on the marketplace points to use the google checkout knowing I needed the points, anyways, buy.com canceled gun and the outfit, and sent me the points..... so angry, no more buy.com purchase for me.

Holy Crap! It worked :) Now to wait for the cancellation e-mail :) But at least it feels good to know I actually got one order through (so today wasn't a complete and utter waste :) )

There is no chance of adding it to your basket.

Its just people trying to check out at this point.

[quote name='Lampei']Holy Crap! It worked :) Now to wait for the cancellation e-mail :) But at least it feels good to know I actually got one order through (so today wasn't a complete and utter waste :) )[/QUOTE]
I get chills every time I hear that damn email chime...

Yeah, I agree with urge, I won't be too surprised or upset if some of us get cancelled, but I'm still glad I got somthing out of this.

I get to the checkout with my CC pin and everything it acts like it's going to work and "Site Error" OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! C'mon, I REALLY hope I can snag one and not get cancelled

[quote name='bil4ltool']I get to the checkout with my CC pin and everything it acts like it's going to work and "Site Error" OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! C'mon, I REALLY hope I can snag one and not get cancelled[/quote]

Me too. I've entered my credit card info time after time thinking I'm about to get this done, and then the site or run-time error pops up!

-- N

Anyone care to explain how you guys are working with the site? I cant even get to my cart to see if my PS3 is still in there let alone check out

I've had it in my cart since it first went up this morning (about 5 hours ago now) and I haven't gotten past the shopping cart phase of the checkout once.

i got to my cart once and saw it still there but now i cant even get to the main site. they need to fix their site. i doubt ill get one but its my last chance. i cant afford the $3500 some people are asking for on craigslist. todays launch has been insanity.

it's quite simple. It was in my cart since this whole thing started. I know that if I could get on right after the website came up I would have the opportunity to get into my cart or try the checkout option. Got through on the checkout option, ps3 was there, all my credentials were already setup, so I simply put my pass in. Placed the order with it erroring out a couple times, finallly got through to the final place order, errored out again, tried it again, went through. Waited for confirmation, and got it.

this whole thing reminds me of the American Express Wish List promotion, anyone who's been through that online understands how servers go down with this kind of demand. Costco was prepared, and they're not bush league. It's inevitable that the site would go down, but if you've done the wishlist in the past you'll learn that when they say "sold out" that's not necessarily the case (especially if you have the product in your cart). Now I realize that there is probably a 75% chance of this being canceled, but it was a great time kill here at work to get to the weekend. :D

well i just finally got to payment and then it gave me the

We're sorry, but there are no items available for item #333333.
Your order quantity has been adjusted.
Please click the view cart button above to review your order.
Your cart is empty.

so who knows whats up (had it in my cart from like first 10 seconds it was up)

How the fuck are you guys getting the checkout to work. I see the item in my cart, I checkout. It asks me to log in. I do and then it errors out. It would bring me to the shipping page once or twice but thats the farthest I can get.

How the heck are you guys getting further?!

[quote name='bil4ltool']I got to the last screen where it gives me the "confirm purchase" button....now for more fun hitting refresh![/quote]

Got there too and got this:

We're sorry, but there are no items available for item #333333.
Your order quantity has been adjusted.
Please click the view cart button above to review your order.

Super...

-- N

[quote name='abhinav']Anyone care to explain how you guys are working with the site? I cant even get to my cart to see if my PS3 is still in there let alone check out[/quote]

How I did it:

1. Logged in. verified that I had logged in.
2. Found it, added it to cart, verified it was in my cart.
3. Checked out, got error, retried
4. Repeat step 3 about 1,948 times.
5. Got to checkout milestone, entered shipping address
6. Submitted shipping address, got error again, retried about 800 times.
7. Sometimes had to go back to step 4.
8. Once I hit the shipping milestone, I copied the URL and tried for payment information.
9. Repeated step 8 a "bunch".
10. Finally (after at least 3 hours), I got to the "finalize purchase" screen
11. I attempted THAT page literally 4 times, and then I was confirmed.
12. Received my email confimration as well.

Every time I hit a milestone, I copied the screen and the URL down. I had multiple tabs on in Firefox as well. I spent a great majority of my time just getting from CART to SHIPPING Info. Once I jumped that milestone, it wasnt TOO bad.

Still, it took too long for a company as big as Costco.

I would say, keep on trying. I nearly gave up myself.

bread's done
Back