Costco Online PS3 Bundle revealed... sort of

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dear Costco Member,

You requested to be notified when the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time.

Orders for the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Monday, November 20, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.

We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

time to get all hard for this

Mine shipped from Ontario, CA as well. The UPS tracking website estimates it takes 7 days to haul it from California to Oregon. WTF! Don't they truck it on the I-5?

Woah damn, I just got a call from costco, apparently everyone who had it added to thier cart before it sold out is being offered to get it now that they have more in stock o_O!

60gb too.

[quote name='blueweltall']Really? I think they called me but I was to lazy to pick up the phone. Does it say costco on the caller ID?[/QUOTE]

made sure by calling back the costco number to reach them.

[quote name='Zoglog']Woah damn, I just got a call from costco, apparently everyone who had it added to thier cart before it sold out is being offered to get it now that they have more in stock o_O!

60gb too.[/quote]

I hope i get a call then but nothing yet, when did you get your call?

[quote name='Zoglog']Woah damn, I just got a call from costco, apparently everyone who had it added to thier cart before it sold out is being offered to get it now that they have more in stock o_O!

60gb too.[/QUOTE]

Same here! My 60GB PS3 with Genji and an extra controller will be shipping to me on Monday/Tuesday. Just got the phone call at about 2:45 PST.

Screw going and hunting at retail stores and dealing with incompetent Best Buy employees, Costo came to me! All I have to say is - Best. Customer Service. Ever.

They totally could have blown it off, as most retailers would have done for website errors. They could have just shipped the bundles to stores or put them up for sale on the website, and they certainly wouldn't have had a problem selling them. But they actually took the time to call customers and give them a chance to buy? Awesome.

Frankly, this gives me a higher opinion of Costco and makes me more likely to buy stuff from them. Handling a difficult situation well is impressive, most of the time we get attitude from retailers, especially with a mega-hot Christmas season item. I know that the way Gamestop and Best Buy handled the PS3 made me think a little less of those chains. Bravo, Costco!

As far as I know, there are 2 people (Tami or Kami (couldnt really tell) and Catherine) calling customers offering them the PS3. I was the first person that Catherine called this morning, ~9:45 PST, and the order took awhile because she wasnt sure how to input my info.

At first, I wasnt sure if it was really Costco calling or a scam, so she gave me Costco's corporate number and her name so I could be transfered me to her to place the order. During our conversation, she told me that they got ~800 systems, so it's gonna be a busy day/week for them making all those calls. Thanks Costco for coming through though. :bouncy:

[quote name='JMT529']As far as I know, there are 2 people (Tami or Kami (couldnt really tell) and Catherine) calling customers offering them the PS3. I was the first person that Catherine called this morning, ~9:45 PST, and the order took awhile because she wasnt sure how to input my info.

At first, I wasnt sure if it was really Costco calling or a scam, so she gave me Costco's corporate number and her name so I could be transfered me to her to place the order. During our conversation, she told me that they got ~800 systems, so it's gonna be a busy day/week for them making all those calls. Thanks Costco for coming through though. :bouncy:[/quote]

Hey, I got the call too. Apparently I had a PS3 in my cart when the system messed up. I was worried afterwards if it was a scam, I didn't do what you did which is a smart thing to do. Reading this makes me feel better now. :)

Unbelievable. I just got the call myself, at 8:45EST. The guy was super nice. I also asked if it was a scam, and he offered to let me call him back at the corporate number. I felt comfortable enough, since he actually knew I had it in my cart, and only one other person knew that besides me. Very nice guy, got my system on the way. Mega plus for costco.

I also brought up the fact that it was totally scary that they could track that I even ADDED it to my cart. He agreed ;)

Larry

Yeah I had it in my cart but I haven't gotten a call. I don't see how they could track it was in your cart.

Is there a number to call to get in on this if you did have it in your cart?

[quote name='kianrafiee']Yeah I had it in my cart but I haven't gotten a call. I don't see how they could track it was in your cart.

Is there a number to call to get in on this if you did have it in your cart?[/quote]

Don't worry, they're still calling. I called the customer service line and the girl who was super nice said there's a big list they're going through and will probably be calling until Wednesday of next week.

If you ain't on the list already though, don't bother. I asked her about it and she said they're not adding anyone or anything, just going down the list they have of people who had it in their cart and offering the PS3's until they're all gone.

Anyone got any email confirmation yet? The woman says I should be getting one last Saturday(12-2-06) but still haven't receive it. Just wondering, thanks.

[quote name='Starbuccaneers']Anyone got any email confirmation yet? The woman says I should be getting one last Saturday(12-2-06) but still haven't receive it. Just wondering, thanks.[/quote]

I just received an email confirmation about 30 minutes ago. :bouncy:

To all the people asking for their phone number or expecting a call, how do you know that you were one of the first ones to have the PS3 in your cart? There were thousands and thousands of people trying to buy it that day, so if they haven't called you, you probably werent one of the first ones.

They are probably calling instead of emailing because of the way they are handling the orders. They are asking for your credit card. Would you want to be emailing your credit card information? They dont want to email everyone and then get swamped with 800 people calling them back to tell them the information over the phone. At least this way, they can control the rate of phone calls.

Costco is always the king of the retail industry in terms of customer service where it counts. Hell Costco should be the place to shop simply because they pay their employees a decent wage unlike other crappy retailers. And combined with the awesome return policy (satisfaction guarentee) it's all good. It's just a shame to see people abusing the deal sometimes (returning a 3 year old TV, a half pack of muffins uneaten). Costco's CEO actually has a pretty modest office and a relatively meager salary (compared to other CEO's in his industry and business size)

But yeah, this just goes on to show how awesome costco is ;)

[quote name='JMT529']I just received an email confirmation about 30 minutes ago. :bouncy:[/quote]

Finally got it too.. Was a little worried.

[quote name='Zoglog']Costco is always the king of the retail industry in terms of customer service where it counts. Hell Costco should be the place to shop simply because they pay their employees a decent wage unlike other crappy retailers. And combined with the awesome return policy (satisfaction guarentee) it's all good. It's just a shame to see people abusing the deal sometimes (returning a 3 year old TV, a half pack of muffins uneaten). Costco's CEO actually has a pretty modest office and a relatively meager salary (compared to other CEO's in his industry and business size)

But yeah, this just goes on to show how awesome costco is ;)[/quote]

I think there's some guys that work under Jim Sinegal (the CEO) that make more money than him!

[quote name='JMT529']To all the people asking for their phone number or expecting a call, how do you know that you were one of the first ones to have the PS3 in your cart? There were thousands and thousands of people trying to buy it that day, so if they haven't called you, you probably werent one of the first ones.

They are probably calling instead of emailing because of the way they are handling the orders. They are asking for your credit card. Would you want to be emailing your credit card information? They dont want to email everyone and then get swamped with 800 people calling them back to tell them the information over the phone. At least this way, they can control the rate of phone calls.[/quote]

I believe anyone who was able to get one in their cart (while logged in) would subtract from their overall inventory count (and eligible to receive a phone call). If Costco was able to track who had one in their cart at all it is logical to assume that inventory levels were being tracked as well.

I firmly believe that Costco didn't actually sell out of PS3s on 11/17. Because of the numerous site crashes and overloading of the servers, Costco probably decided to remove it from everyone's cart (whom haven't sucessfully checked out) in order to regain control over the website.

From what I have read Costco has only started calling the list last Friday, and apparently only 2 people are calling a list of 800-1000 people it will take them the greater part of the week to get through the list.

You have a point regarding emailing their customers. The last time Costco emailed customers regarding the PS3 sale, it was all over the internet and news sites like IGN.com.

For those of you that have gotten the call, for God's sake, don't give out that phone number.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I believe anyone who was able to get one in their cart (while logged in) would subtract from their overall inventory count (and eligible to receive a phone call). If Costco was able to track who had one in their cart at all it is logical to assume that inventory levels were being tracked as well.

I firmly believe that Costco didn't actually sell out of PS3s on 11/17. Because of the numerous site crashes and overloading of the servers, Costco probably decided to remove it from everyone's cart (whom haven't sucessfully checked out) in order to regain control over the website.

From what I have read Costco has only started calling the list last Friday, and apparently only 2 people are calling a list of 800-1000 people it will take them the greater part of the week to get through the list.

You have a point regarding emailing their customers. The last time Costco emailed customers regarding the PS3 sale, it was all over the internet and news sites like IGN.com.

For those of you that have gotten the call, for God's sake, don't give out that phone number.[/quote]

The fact that they pulled inventory before it sold out is true. The costco rep confirmed this to me. He said they did this because the site was crashing, and nobody could get into it.

Larry

Hi all - I hope it's OK for me to ask even though I've never posted here...

Has anyone who received a call from Costco last week *not* received an e-mail confirmation of their PS3 order yet? I've read several posts from folks saying they received them yesterday.

I ordered last Friday, and have the confirmation number the nice representative gave me over the phone... but so far no e-mail follow-up, no credit card charge, and no order status on Costco online.

It's probably way too early to be concerned, but I vaguely recall that I may have once had problems using my selected credit card w/ a Costco Online purchase a few years back.

I posed the same question over on AVS Forums... but thought the folks here might have some other experiences.

[quote name='obispo21']Hi all - I hope it's OK for me to ask even though I've never posted here...

Has anyone who received a call from Costco last week *not* received an e-mail confirmation of their PS3 order yet? I've read several posts from folks saying they received them yesterday.

I ordered last Friday, and have the confirmation number the nice representative gave me over the phone... but so far no e-mail follow-up, no credit card charge, and no order status on Costco online.

It's probably way too early to be concerned, but I vaguely recall that I may have once had problems using my selected credit card w/ a Costco Online purchase a few years back.

I posed the same question over on AVS Forums... but thought the folks here might have some other experiences.[/QUOTE]
This may be too obvious, but have you tried asking Costco?

[quote name='rickonker']This may be too obvious, but have you tried asking Costco?[/QUOTE]

Nope not yet... seemed kind of pre-mature. I'll do that tomorrow night or Friday if I don't hear anything by then.

[quote name='Zoglog']wohooo got mine in today[/quote]

Wow, did they send you an email stating that it was shipped or anything? They said that I would be getting it between today-Friday since its shipping from Ontario, CA and I live only like 40 miles away from there.

I got PS3 today, too. I didn't get any shipping confirmation, only got an order confirmation... The order confirmation rep said she was sending it out Saturday but I got it like a few days later. Credit Card still didn't get charged yet...

[quote name='Starbuccaneers']I got PS3 today, too. I didn't get any shipping confirmation, only got an order confirmation... The order confirmation rep said she was sending it out Saturday but I got it like a few days later. Credit Card still didn't get charged yet...[/QUOTE]
wtf? You got the PS3 before your credit card was charged?

Woohoo. I just called my roommate and they said I have a big package at home waiting for me. My credit card hasn't be charged yet, but there's an authorization on it, so I'm sure the charge will show up anyday now. :bouncy:

I still haven't gotten my call yet....:cry: There's always tomorrow...

Anyway, I'm not sure how effective it is for Costco to be calling up this list. I bet many people aren't even picking up the phone. I have also been reading in forums that some people are being left messages and others aren't.

Since there are some people that do recieve the call don't accept the offer, there should be more PS3s for them to sell to members along with recent system restocks that I am sure they have received in the meantime.

I never got shipping confirmation either, but I called the customer service rep that I spoke with and she confirmed that the package indeed shipped. I got a UPS tracking number and everything, it shipped Tuesday and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Also, my credit card has not yet been charged.

Woo Hoo Got call from them yesterday.

How long from the time they call is it taking to actually receiving the PS3?

[quote name='sfrommelt']Costco is definately still calling the list. Received my call last night (Thursday).[/quote]

This is good to hear, maybe i'll still get a call :D

Costo came through big time. Got the call last Friday (12/1) afternoon. Got my PS3 today. Taking a break to download demos and post this info.

Oh, and the charge went through too - but after the package shipped! It went out via UPS Ground on Tuesday, my credit card wasn't charged until Thursday.

These warehouses currently have the 60g PS3 showing as "in transit" in their stock check system.

44 Canoga Park
117 Westlake Village
441 Coachella
447 Santa Clarita
627 Fontana
643 SW Bakersfield
678 Rancho Cucamonga
679 Industry
688 Bakersfield
777 La Habra

121 El Centro
124 Vista
403 Santee
460 Rancho Del Rey
775 Poway

Expected arrival was 12/08 but it might take them a couple days to put them out. Of couse the method of purchase will vary by store (raffle, first come first serve, etc.) Most of the LA stores will get from 70-90 units with the SD stores getting 48 units each. This is the same bundle as before (item #333333). Good luck to all.

bread's done
Back