Costco Question.

VideoGamingFan416

CAGiversary!
Hi folks. My X360 recently crapped out, but I did buy it at Costco. I've read the return polciies, etc.. and so, it seems to me that I CAN return a 360 at Costco. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, please.

With this said, I have some questions:

1) I bought the bundle. Do I have to give everything back in order to recieve full pricing, or can I only trade in the 360?

2) Can I oh say trade back NCAA Football '07 for $55 because of the return policy? Or is that way too shady and has anyone actually tried it? Would they actually give you your money back?

Thanks folks.

As far as I know, you can return the 360. But you have to return everything in the bundle. Be sure to back up you game saves on a memory card. Costco will give you the cash that you purchased the bundle at.

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']Hi folks. My X360 recently crapped out, but I did buy it at Costco. I've read the return polciies, etc.. and so, it seems to me that I CAN return a 360 at Costco. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, please.

1) I bought the bundle. Do I have to give everything back in order to recieve full pricing, or can I only trade in the 360?

2) Can I oh say trade back NCAA Football '07 for $55 because of the return policy? Or is that way too shady and has anyone actually tried it? Would they actually give you your money back?

Thanks folks.[/quote]

It has to be before 2 years since you'd bought it.

1. You have to return everything back exaclty as you bought it. If you act real nice and get on the person's goodside whom is taking it back, they could take back only a part of it, and switch out the rest of it if you buy the package again and just switch out the old with the new.

2. You can, persay, however that would be ultra shady, and not sure exactly if they would allow you to return it.

I see.

Thanks guys. #2 seems WAY toooooo shady and that's just not right to cheat Costco because they do have a very nice service.

I bought it on 9/15/06. So it should be good to go as long as I present a reciept and give them EVERYTHING in the bundle, right? Only the 360 is broken.

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']I see.

Thanks guys. #2 seems WAY toooooo shady and that's just not right to cheat Costco because they do have a very nice service.

I bought it on 9/15/06. So it should be good to go as long as I present a reciept and give them EVERYTHING in the bundle, right? Only the 360 is broken.[/quote]

Yeah, just make sure it's all there. And if you can't find the receipt, don't worry about it, they can look it up on the computer, but it makes sure that they give you the exact price that you paid for it back.

[quote name='sonderiaom']It has to be before 2 years since you'd bought it.
[/quote]
Doesn't that depend on the warehouse, or have they finally set a chain-wide policy on general (non-TV/PC) items? A few months ago, a manager at the warehouse where I shop told me that there's no limit.

Mind you, I don't think that I'd have the balls to try and return it three years later. ;)

[quote name='masterofdarkness']I think costco gives a lifetime warranty with any electronic, well mine does//[/QUOTE]
They used to, but they ran into some problems with people using the lifetime return policy as a means of always having an up to date PC/TV, so they instituted a nationwide policy change on how long you have to return TV's and PC's, although some stores may not have implemented it yet.

[quote name='elmyra']Doesn't that depend on the warehouse, or have they finally set a chain-wide policy on general (non-TV/PC) items? A few months ago, a manager at the warehouse where I shop told me that there's no limit.

Mind you, I don't think that I'd have the balls to try and return it three years later. ;)[/quote]

It does depend on the werehouse. However, I know mine is 2 years, and I know that's the least of all the werehouses. Therefore, if it's been before the 2 year mark, then ALL of the werehouses should accept it, no matter their policy.

And as for the "lifetime" stuff; go ahead and ask the people at Membership next time you're in there. Just say that you bought something around 3 years ago and you're having problems with it and see what they say.

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']Hi folks. My X360 recently crapped out, but I did buy it at Costco. I've read the return polciies, etc.. and so, it seems to me that I CAN return a 360 at Costco. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, please.

Thanks folks.[/quote]
3) You can send your 360 back to MS for repair, as it's still under a year's time from when you bought it from Costco, if you'd rather not deal with returning everything from the bundle when you bought it.

Oh, I know I can do that *give to MS*, but honestly, I have no patience for a month especially since school is about to start soon.

Although I'll miss the bundle, it's like w/e to me. The thing I'll miss the most is probably the Play and Charge kit.

Another radnom question though: since I actually ordered my coffin box from MS before consulting this return to Costco idea, do I have to ship it back (ala the Coffin Box to MS), or can I just keep it incase my thing ever breaks down? Will they demand for it back?

[quote name='sonderiaom']It does depend on the werehouse. However, I know mine is 2 years, and I know that's the least of all the werehouses. Therefore, if it's been before the 2 year mark, then ALL of the werehouses should accept it, no matter their policy.[/quote]
That makes sense.

And as for the "lifetime" stuff; go ahead and ask the people at Membership next time you're in there. Just say that you bought something around 3 years ago and you're having problems with it and see what they say.
I'm kind of curious to find out. I'm guessing the response will be something along the lines of derision, of course.

According to the Costco's Electronics Return Policy, 90-day limit apply to:
  • TVs
  • Computers
  • Cameras
  • Camcorders
  • iPod/MP3 players
  • Cellular phones
I assume game consoles follow the standard return policy, which is 2 years for most.

[quote name='eau']According to the Costco's Electronics Return Policy, 90-day limit apply to:
  • TVs
  • Computers
  • Cameras
  • Camcorders
  • iPod/MP3 players
  • Cellular phones
I assume game consoles follow the standard return policy, which is 2 years for most.[/quote]

Correct, there are a lot of things that people think are under the 90 day policy that aren't, such as Game Consoles, Printers, Moniters, and generally everything else in Electronics.

Alright guys, well, here's how it went:

I gave the 360 and the bundle back to Costco. Dude said that he'll accept the thing, but warned me about how they might change the warranty to 90 days ala the rest of the electronics. Oh, and they only refund you. There is no exchanging or nothing. You can't give them only a 360 Pro and ask for a swap, just doesn't work that way for them, unfortunately.

Again, your area may vary, but the Costco down in South SF, CA took mine but did give me a warning about the 90 day policy.

[quote name='VideoGamingFan416']Alright guys, well, here's how it went:

I gave the 360 and the bundle back to Costco. Dude said that he'll accept the thing, but warned me about how they might change the warranty to 90 days ala the rest of the electronics. Oh, and they only refund you. There is no exchanging or nothing. You can't give them only a 360 Pro and ask for a swap, just doesn't work that way for them, unfortunately.

Again, your area may vary, but the Costco down in South SF, CA took mine but did give me a warning about the 90 day policy.[/QUOTE]

If they extend the 90 day warranty to all electronics, they'll advertise it for a couple of months prior, just like they did when they originally brought it out.

Glad it worked out for you.

[quote name='eau']According to the Costco's Electronics Return Policy, 90-day limit apply to:
  • TVs
  • Computers
  • Cameras
  • Camcorders
  • iPod/MP3 players
  • Cellular phones
[/quote]Yup. They finally decided to update their return policy for these items because people were buying Computers, then returning them years later when they had become obsolete by new technology. Customer would get full value back, despite a little thing known as Depriciation of Value.

Costco has since updated their policy to guard themselves against people who use Costco as a revolving door for their electronic purchases.

Curious how this works as the bundle I got came with 1 year of XBL that will be hard to return. Sucks that i ended up trading my 2nd wireless controller so they better not give me a hassle if i ever have to return mine

[quote name='Brian9824']Curious how this works as the bundle I got came with 1 year of XBL that will be hard to return. Sucks that i ended up trading my 2nd wireless controller so they better not give me a hassle if i ever have to return mine[/quote]

Not to be rude, but it's kinda stupid the way you're putting it.

"They better give me the exact same money back for something even though it's missing things." The one year may be excuseable, but the extra wireless controller is not.

bread's done
Back