Costco: Select Hanna Barbera DVD Collections $13.99 or $18.99

kulaguy

CAGiversary!
So I just got back from Costco to check out the $10 games on sale and noticed a bunch of Hanna Barbera DVDs on sale for either $13.99 or $18.99. Off the top of my head, these were what I saw

$13.99
Wacky Races Complete Collection
Jetsons Season 1
Scooby-Doo and Dynomutt

$18.99
Looney Tunes Golden Collections 1-4 (18.99 each)
Best of New Scooby Doo Movies

Those are the ones I remember, but I know there were a couple more. I may have listed some in the wrong prices, but I know it''ll be either $13.99 or $18.99.

That's funny, because unless I'm mistaken, when I saw them last night all the Hanna-Barbera were $18.99, and the Looney Tunes were $22 or $23.99. I'll have to check again.

[quote name='gojiboy']That's funny, because unless I'm mistaken, when I saw them last night all the Hanna-Barbera were $18.99, and the Looney Tunes were $22 or $23.99. I'll have to check again.[/QUOTE]

I believe it just started today or so. It's in the Coupon Book but you don't need the coupon since it's Instant Savings. It's $5 off the prices you just said. I'm just iffy on which exactly was under which price.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I thought of that but wasn't 100% sure. I'm gonna have to bite on some of these at the reduced price. The Jetsons especially. I love Hanna Barbera.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That sounds like a good price on the Golden Collection.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty good for 3 and 4 I've never seen them that low but the first two you can get cheap.

I just went to my local Costco. They had 1-6 on Looney Tunes, which is awesome. I grabbed all but volume 2 (which I own) Skiizim, I know you said I could get the original cheap, but I checked Amazon marketplace and the cheapest one I could get new is around 25 bucks plus shipping.

Which Looney Tunes collection has some of the banned cartoons? Is that spotlight collection 7? I don't remember.

Well what do you know, Amazon had those hovering around $29-35 for months, but I finally got volume 3 and 4 the other day along with Wacky Races.

As far as the difference, I'm pretty sure the spotlight collection is just a rehash of what the golden collection is. I know the golden collection is uncut, unedited and remastered and as far as anything else I'm sure wiki can answer.

I looked into it-- I think collection 3 has some of the racial cartoons, but I'm not sure if any of them are the banned 11. But supposedly there is a dedicated collection for those 11 cartoons coming out in 2011.

When I was watching these cartoons with my daughter with the other volumes I couldn't believe how risque these shows actually were. I felt so dumbfounded on how I chuckled at everything but really didn't understand what was being implied.

bread's done
Back