Costco System Launch Games

sonderiaom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok, Here's some good news. I currently have prices for the launch games for both the PS3 and the Wii. Bad news is that there is currently no indication of Costco carrying either of the actual SYSTEMS.

Wii:
$44.99
Tony
Call of Duty 3
Dragonball
Rayman
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
$43.99
Super Monkey Ball

PS3:
$54.99
Tony Rainbow Six
Call of Duty 3
Sonic
Full Auto 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
$53.99
Untold Legends

This would mean that you would be saving roughly $5 on each game.

As well, we also have 2 GB SD cards for $74.99 right now

Now, the good thing about buying any game at Costco is that if it drops in price THERE, you can return it and buy the same product. However, Costco doesn't follow the same method of dropping the prices of games as we still have Metroid Prime 2 for $44.99.

I honestly havn't seen any good priced games at Costco before, except some PC games.

Costco will probably carry the systems eventually though, let's hope they'll bundle the good games into their package.

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']I honestly havn't seen any good priced games at Costco before, except some PC games.[/quote]

Ah, that brings another point; very likely the prices on the games themselves will be wrong. I jus recently was browsing the computers and found that we had Fire Emblem and Paper Mario 2 for the gamecube. They were both ringing up for $15 and the pricetag said $45.

Interesting, I guess I should bring the games over to the register to have them check the price then. Nice, thanks for the heads up there.

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Interesting, I guess I should bring the games over to the register to have them check the price then. Nice, thanks for the heads up there.[/quote]

If you name some games you remember seeing there, I can check the actual prices tomorrow.

[quote name='sonderiaom']If you name some games you remember seeing there, I can check the actual prices tomorrow.[/quote]
I can't recall any, I actually havn't been down there in a while now. Thanks for the thought though.

I know Final Fantasy XI for the 360 is down to $27.99 at Costco in line with the recent price drop, but is not marked at every Costco that I go to.

One game I'm curious about if you can check the price is Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires for the 360. I can see the price dropping on this one.

As far as the system launches, I'm planning on Costco for the system launch (the main store here had 80 Xbox 360's at launch last year) so I'm expecting that they might get a few in *Crosses fingers*

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']I honestly havn't seen any good priced games at Costco before, except some PC games.[/quote]

They've gotten a little better. Console games are still not that great, but DS games are pretty well priced -- just a little more, on average, than Best Buy with a GGC. GBA games are also well priced.

Remember X-Men Legends 2 (Gamecube) is still $10. A steal, though you can prob. snag it for that price if you find it at a TRU.

I find that most Costco new releases are around $5 under the MSRP, which saves me using a Best Buy GGC. Some are even a little cheaper.. .I think I bought Lego Star Wars 2 (360) for $43.99. Not bad for a brand new game.

I'm also hoping they get PS3 and Wii bundles in at launch. Like Wario said, their 360 bundle last year was great. And extra wireless controller, game and play and charge kit for $50 cheaper than if you had bought them all separately.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I find that most Costco new releases are around $5 under the MSRP, which saves me using a Best Buy GGC. Some are even a little cheaper.. .I think I bought Lego Star Wars 2 (360) for $43.99. Not bad for a brand new game.

I'm also hoping they get PS3 and Wii bundles in at launch. Like Wario said, their 360 bundle last year was great. And extra wireless controller, game and play and charge kit for $50 cheaper than if you had bought them all separately.[/quote]

yeah, but from what is known, they are not selling systems? I remember I heard a crazy rumor a while back...that they'll bundle them with the plasma TV's the can't get rid of?

Probably no PS3 until 2Q next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wii bundle by late January, just based on differences in supply.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Ah, that brings another point; very likely the prices on the games themselves will be wrong. I just recently was browsing the computers and found that we had Fire Emblem and Paper Mario 2 for the gamecube. They were both ringing up for $15 and the pricetag said $45.[/quote]

Well, that explains things. My Costco has a pretty good selection of games, but the prices on the games look they have never changed. So you see 2 and 3 year old games still priced at $5 less than the original price ($44.xx for Xbox and PS2 games, and etc.).

Is there any way for us poor, lowly customers to ever know the actual price?

[quote name='Dhuk'] I remember I heard a crazy rumor a while back...that they'll bundle them with the plasma TV's the can't get rid of?[/quote]

That is debunk. They would never pair anything that crazy together.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Wait, am I reading wrong? Regular 2gb SD cards for $75?

Hell, they go for

Updated the original post with the list.

Also I was talking with the manager and he was saying that we will be getting each system but they are being very secretive about numbers right now.

Is there a chance that the list isn't complete? I would think Costco would carry Zelda and Excite Truck.

And any word on what the bundles for each system are going to look like? My guess for Wii would be the console, extra wiimote+nunchuck and Excite Truck for $325. I'd much prefer they would have Zelda in there instead, but I think Truck makes more sense for the packed in extra controller.

[quote name='suaveric']Is there a chance that the list isn't complete? I would think Costco would carry Zelda and Excite Truck.

And any word on what the bundles for each system are going to look like? My guess for Wii would be the console, extra wiimote+nunchuck and Excite Truck for $325. I'd much prefer they would have Zelda in there instead, but I think Truck makes more sense for the packed in extra controller.[/quote]

Yes the list is incomplete. There were other games that I could see that we would be getting in, but other than seeing that we would be getting them, there was no other info on them. The games at the time for the Wii were Ant Bully, Red Steel, Happy Feet, Open Season, Blazing Angels and Cars. For the PS3 those titles were Oblivion and Blazing Angels.

As for the bundle, I've not seen anything in the computer yet, but I would assume another controller and probably Zelda or Monkey Ball. And the price would sound about right.

Do you know when they will be not so secretive about the numbers of each system they're going to get on launch day? Maybe in 2 weeks?

[quote name='runtothesun']Do you know when they will be not so secretive about the numbers of each system they're going to get on launch day? Maybe in 2 weeks?[/quote]

The Top Manager of my building knows I'm interested in the information. The Electronics Manager knows I'm interested in the information and he's going to a conference on the first. And I check the computer every other day for updated information. Trust me, when I know, you'll know.

I'd say it's very suspicious that there is no info on Zelda since that's one of the three games they let you preorder online. Maybe there initial order of B&M Zeldas will only come in a bundle. Personally I'm sincerely hoping for a bundle with the Wii, an extra controller, and Zelda.

[quote name='madmofo']I'd say it's very suspicious that there is no info on Zelda since that's one of the three games they let you preorder online. Maybe there initial order of B&M Zeldas will only come in a bundle. Personally I'm sincerely hoping for a bundle with the Wii, an extra controller, and Zelda.[/quote]

Again, that's the most likely bundle in my eyes.

In any case, I'll be off work at 4:45 pacific tomorrow so I'll update with what I know.

Awesome news.

Costco, or BJs is definitely the place to be for anyone with hopes of getting one on launch day.

When 360 was released, there were tons on the shelves throughout the entire day.

Sam's Club had 'em too. Best part is that with their business membership, you can get in at 7 AM. I hope they get the PS3 on launch. :bouncy:

[quote name='sonderiaom']Again, that's the most likely bundle in my eyes.

In any case, I'll be off work at 4:45 pacific tomorrow so I'll update with what I know.[/QUOTE]
Hey dude, even if you don't find out tell the day before launch I'd still be eternally grateful. Although I am hoping for a good bundle on release, Costco might do something dumb like packaging in an overpriced memory card, and if I find that out on launch day I’m screwed for getting one anywhere else considering when Costco opens, so any info would be awesome.

[quote name='Crono139']Awesome news.

Costco, or BJs is definitely the place to be for anyone with hopes of getting one on launch day.

When 360 was released, there were tons on the shelves throughout the entire day.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I'm depending on. Not everyone has or can get a Costco membership, and I find that this is especially true among average gamers, so some of us have a distict advantage. The only thing that I'm worried about is that with the Wii's classification as one of the "Hot Toy's" for the holidays you may be getting alot more of the TMX Elmo hunter types, (Parents who have to get there kids the hottest gifts) and from my experiance they have Costco memberships.

[quote name='B-Random!']Does Costco let business members in early like Sams Club does?[/quote]

Theoretically. It states on our hours board that we do, but as I'm one of the people at the front door, I don't discriminate; I let everyone in as we open.

[quote name='B-Random!']Does Costco let business members in early like Sams Club does?[/quote]

Don't worry, if they have some of these systems on launch day, they'll be letting everyone in at the same time.

Alright boys and girls, I was debating whether or not to give this information as it means that people will probably be lining up in front of all the Costco's on launch day to get one, but I've decided to give all the info about the Wii Costco bundle.

Item number is 200619
Description is that it is a Console + 2 Games
Price is $339.99

It didn't say how many my store was getting, but I did find a memo saying that the northwest was getting 64 pallets and there are 24 bundles per pallet. As well, I have the electronics manager emailing the company to find out exactly what games are going to come with it. However, I assume that Zelda will be one of those games.

As well, I'm including all the information from the other thread I'd created in case it helps.

Wii:
$44.99
Tony
Call of Duty 3
Dragonball
Rayman
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
$43.99
Super Monkey Ball

PS3:
$54.99
Tony Rainbow Six
Call of Duty 3
Sonic
Full Auto 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
$53.99
Untold Legends

How does Costco (or BJ's if anyone has the info for them) handle these launch day sales? One per person, one per household?

i actually work for the cell phone kiosk inside costco. and if i remember correctly it took at least 3 or 4 hours for the 360s to sell out last year....

i will definately be getting my hands on a ps3 or at least a wii on launch day...

one of the perks of getting in the store 30 minutes before it opens for "work"

[quote name='Narse']How does Costco (or BJ's if anyone has the info for them) handle these launch day sales? One per person, one per household?[/quote]

Systems are one per Card; games are, well, you can buy out the whole store probably for all they care.

bread's done
Back