Could Shipping ever cost this much?

Well the bid is at $5..
A lot of Ebayers make money off shipping, like a .99 item with $15.00 shipping. It's the "handling" and purchase of shipping supplies that acts as justification. The low cost of the item draws people in, and some people might buy it not looking at the ship cost.

If you think thats bad, just search some memory sticks, they get away with charging almost $50 for shipping on a dam memory stick.......last time I checked memory sticks didn't weigh 50lbs...

35 bucks shipping for a game and a faceplate symbolizes all that's wrong with Ebay today. Shipping rapers, fee avoiders--if they'll cheat Ebay out of 40 cents, why the hell wouldn't they cheat me out of 35 bucks? Scumbags.

Anyway, shipping can be expensive--I shipped a Dish Network DVR receiver from NC to NV, I think, and it was 19 bucks shipped UPS Ground. I probably paid a little extra because I went to a Mail Boxes Etc place, and not directly with UPS, but still. It was in a reasonably big box and was somewhat heavy.

A game, packed well, could be shipped in the CONUS for less than 5 bucks Priority.

Buy it now if you want it, i reported it for excessive S&H.
"Listing a DVD with a shipping and handling charge of $25 for standard shipping is considered excessive shipping and handling." So 35 for a game is obviously even more so.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

he'll eventually get busted by ebay, easiest way to ship is priority flat rate envelope and boxes, that's the only way i ship if it can't be fitted into an envelope, 8.10 or 6.10 for the envelope 2-3 days and it's their :applause::applause::applause:

i see the ebayer lives about 10 mins away... im going to ask him if hell do a local pickup and ill post his response here if he does...

In the description:
" I bought this game yesterday (Wednesday) and I beat it already."

If the shipping price didn't already scare away all bidders, I'm sure letting potential bidders know the game can be finished in a day is a very strong selling point ::sarcasm::

[quote name='BasketCase1080']im still awaiting a response...[/QUOTE]

He's probably thinking up a way to charge you for something else... like, $10 for ringing his door bell or $25 for him having to open his door and handing you the game.

I had someone five miles away want to charge a 15 dollar 'pickup/handling' fee to pick up a monitor rather than shipping it.

I would just report them for excessive shipping fees.

redsoxfan1989 had like 30 auctions for mostly unreleased titles such as Tetris DS and had the S&H set at like $30-$45 per game for US Flat Rate.

I reported the items and now they have been pulled off by ebay.

"No problem. I'd still charge shipping though, because it's how I cheat to get out of eBay fees. You don't get charged for jacking up shipping, they only charge you more for raising the actual item cost.

I'm actually heading into Appleton on Monday to buy Oblivion, so if you just wanna call it an even $50 you could pay cash to save time and paypal fees."

[quote name='BasketCase1080']"No problem. I'd still charge shipping though, because it's how I cheat to get out of eBay fees. You don't get charged for jacking up shipping, they only charge you more for raising the actual item cost.

I'm actually heading into Appleton on Monday to buy Oblivion, so if you just wanna call it an even $50 you could pay cash to save time and paypal fees."[/quote]

So he's charging you an extra $10 to pick it up directly from him instead of shipping. Sure makes a lot of sense there.... :roll:.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']"No problem. I'd still charge shipping though, because it's how I cheat to get out of eBay fees. You don't get charged for jacking up shipping, they only charge you more for raising the actual item cost.

I'm actually heading into Appleton on Monday to buy Oblivion, so if you just wanna call it an even $50 you could pay cash to save time and paypal fees."[/QUOTE]

:rofl: what a douche.

bread's done
Back