Couple markdowns at CompUSA YMMV...

spooie_redux

CAGiversary!
Last time my CompUSA did mass markdowns, it was just my store, but I figure, you never know, as there were only a small selection this time, it might be for other stores too... so I'm passing it along.

I got there just as they were putting them out, so I don't know if there are more, but this is what I saw..

I picked up...

Just Cause 9.98 Xbox (down from 29.99)
Superman Returns 4.98 Xbox (down from 39.99)
Hitman Blood Money 9.98 Xbox (down from 29.99)

Some other games were...

Tokobot Plus 14.98 PS2
Flatout 2 14.98 PS2
Final Fantasy XI (some expansion pack) 4.98 PS2

They also had some movies, like the jaw-dropping feel-good-movie of the year types, such Weekend at Bernies 2, for 2.98 on DVD.

If it IS YMMV, the CompUSA I went to was Latham Farms in Upstate NY.

They were stickered mark downs. They were just bringing them out when I was walking through the door. Now that I think about it, it might be this store only, seeing as to how only Superman Returns showed up when scanned at the register. The other two had to be punched in manually... but, yeah, the price was marked down on the cover.

Someone want to move this to the Regional forum? thanks.

Naw... I thought that when their massive 2005 sale began. This one does pretty good business. Besides, it was just a small rack. Couldn't be more than 15-20 games on it.

Everyone is starting to misunderstand... it's not a store clearance, or a game-wide clearance, but just around 15-20 random titles they're getting rid of. My store has just a generic clearance rack when you enter, with PC software, hardware, movies, games, books, etc. These just happen to be ones I saw them bringing out when I entered the store and started shuffling through them. That's all.

What I was referring to in the OTHER post was a clearance sale that DID effect most of the games... back in summer 2005. Back then, they clearanced out probably 80% of all their games at my store. Most were around $10. Some were around $5, some $7, some $13, some $15, and so on... But 4/5 of the games, at least, were marked down to some degree.

When I asked about it in 2005, I was told that they were getting rid of them to make way for a reset of that section of the store and for the next gen systems coming out. Here is an example of what I bought for myself and picked up for friends (to show the clearance did happen)...

YoshiFox.jpg

Yummy.jpg

FoxHunt.jpg

REceipt.jpg

ReceiptsCOPY.jpg

That clearance sale is long gone now, and the GCN/GBA/XBox/PS2 sections have been reduced to almost nothing, and replaced with Wii/X360/PS3 games.

But again, I stress, there is no store-wide clearance going on here. And this is not a CompUSA store that is closing.

I was about to go check out that store, but then I checked the hours and realized they closed 15 minutes ago. Damn you, Daylight Savings Time!

OP, did you happen to notice if there were any titles left? Wouldn't be able to get out there till after work tomorrow, and I'm sure if they're stickered they'll be gone by then...but what the hell, worth a shot :)

All the ones I mentioned, they had copies of when I left the other day. Had to work today, so I didn't stop by, but I'd imagine that some were still left.

[quote name='spooie_redux']All the ones I mentioned, they had copies of when I left the other day. Had to work today, so I didn't stop by, but I'd imagine that some were still left.[/QUOTE]

Stopped in today. Sadly, no copies of Superman Returns :(

What I did see:

Just Cause 9.98
Family Guy 14.98
Lego Star Wars 2 14.98
Drake 4.98

Drawing a blank on the rest...hoping for another drop on Family Guy :)

They re-lowered Drake? I saw one opened copy there for $10 on Saturday. Which version of Lego Star Wars was there? I remember seeing it now, the PS2 version, but it was $20 when I was there.

Looks like they may still have been lowering items when I stopped in. :p

Snagged Spider-Man 3 DS, Asphalt Urban GT 2 DS, Bionicle Heroes DS and Heatseeker PSP for 9.99 each at the same CompUSA (Latham Farms, Upstate NY).

They had a couple Heatseekers and Bionicle Heroes. Maybe 7 or 8 Spider-Man 3s there... (and 1 Spider-Man Battle for New York DS for 4.99). No other Asphalt Urban GT 2 copies... but then, I'm probably the only one buying that anyway.

UPDATE 9.19.07... Still have the Spider-Man 3 DS games for 9.99.

Picked up TMNT PS2 for 9.98 and Brothers in Arms DS for 14.98 (at the rack at the entrance).

Noticed some Wii clearance games in the clearance bin (the one near the actual games department)...

Alien Syndrome $24.98
Transformers $24.98
Super Swing Golf $24.98
Elebits $19.98
Mortal Kombat Armageddon $19.98
TMNT $14.98

bread's done
Back