Couple of Engadget Contests

uagent

CAGiversary!
First up, the easy one. With Bioshock coming out yesterday, Engadget has a very simple contest: Leave a comment about what your current favorite game is on this post, and you're entered to win an Xbox360 and Bioshock. The contest runs 'til this Sunday, 8/26, and is open worldwide. A winner will be selected at random from the comments (and if you enter more than once, you're auto-DQ'd). Sure the contest is up to ~8k comments, but how far removed is that from regular odds of winning?

Next, is a little more work involved. Feeling the sting of a lack of HD (ie., play practically ANY Xbox360 game)? Still watching Betamax? Still using an orchestra to provide a soundtrack for your non-existent soundsystem? Well, EngadgetHD is running a contest appropriately titled: Let Engadget Trick Out Your Home Theater. Here's the deal (and make sure you visit the page for full rules & instructions): Send photos of your sad home theater's existence, along with a short story of why you need the hookup, and the EngadgetHD editors will choose the gimpy setup most in need of an upgrade and hook them up with the following (~$5k worth of prizes):
Instructions for entering are in the contest title link. The contest wraps up 9/15, so let's get those sob stories of SD Hell a rollin'!

Good luck, and here's to hoping a CAG wins! I know I'm entering both, since my home theater is really gimpy besides my tv, and I desperately need a next-gen console anyway :(

Entered the first one.

As for that huge contest.. our home theater's oldness is overshadowed by an HDTV we just got during last year's winter season, but everything else is pretty outdated. If I have the time I'll submit one.

i cant wait to enter the 2nd one. just my kind of contest. now i need to find my digital camera so the world can see all the details of my sucky setup

Considering some of the similar contests on Engadget and Gizmodo before where you have to take a picture of how bad something you own is, I know I'll have no chance. My 15yr old standard def TV and receiver aren't going to be nearly as awful as some of the stuff people will send in. I'm sure there's gonna be somebody with a 13" TV and a casette deck or something, and at least one of them will be broken. Haha.

[quote name='jennyfur']Considering some of the similar contests on Engadget and Gizmodo before where you have to take a picture of how bad something you own is, I know I'll have no chance. My 15yr old standard def TV and receiver aren't going to be nearly as awful as some of the stuff people will send in. I'm sure there's gonna be somebody with a 13" TV and a casette deck or something, and at least one of them will be broken. Haha.[/quote]

lol, seriously. I should replace my lcd w/ my grandmother's floor model in my setup. I'd have basically everything they're offering to upgrade, but gimpy. Either that or use my sister's tv that for whatever reason stopped playing in color....

bread's done
Back