Coupon for 25% off Sony controller charger/remote/BT headset: Gamers Club in-store

LouieT

CAGiversary!
I got this coupon in the Gamers' Club section of Rewards Zone on my account:

25% Off Select Sony Gaming Accessories

Reward Zone® Gamers Club members: for a limited time, take 25% off the regular price of select must-have extras for enhancing your PS3 experience. In store only.

Offer expires: 04/28/2012

Three awesome Sony PS3 accessories, one great savings opportunity.
Through April 28, Reward Zone Gamers Club members will save 25% on a Blu-ray Disc remote control, DualShock 3 charging station or Bluetooth mono earset.

Offer available at Best Buy® stores only.

To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone Gamers Club member number at purchase.

>Markdowns taken from regular prices. Limit 1 offer per membership. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Valid only at Best Buy® stores in the U.S.A.; not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box, Marketplace items and stores in Puerto Rico. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone Gamers Club member card number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Offer valid 4/15/12–4/28/12.
These are the qualifying items for the coupon, along with the regular price and the price after 25% off:

SKU:3837168 Sony Media/Bluray Disc Remote Control $24.99 -> $18.75
SKU:2545065 Sony DualShock 3 Charging Station $29.99 -> $22.49
SKU:9101143 Sony Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black $49.99 -> $37.49

The remote regularly goes on sale between $15 to $20 at Best Buy or Amazon, but the charging station and headset rarely, if ever, are discounted.

The coupon is found here after logging in. Click on "25% off Sony", then the charger picture. Click "Claim This Offer" and print the coupon that appears in a new window.

Here is a direct link but I don't know if that link only works for me or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the remote last week definitely worth it. Controls your TV, Ps3, and Sony AMp all with one remote witch is awesome

Does the newer Sony remote still turn the PS3 on with any button, or just the PS button? That's my one gripe with the original remote.. I accidentally bump it and the PS3 turns on.

[quote name='Mastershredder']Does the newer Sony remote still turn the PS3 on with any button, or just the PS button? That's my one gripe with the original remote.. I accidentally bump it and the PS3 turns on.[/QUOTE]

Easy fix is then hold down the ps3 button on the remote for 3-5 seconds and then press the ok button to shut it off without switching over.

When pressing the ps3 remote to quit a game it always highlights NO but doing the same in the ps3 xmb home menu to shut it down it defaults to YES.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Easy fix is then hold down the ps3 button on the remote for 3-5 seconds and then press the ok button to shut it off without switching over.

When pressing the ps3 remote to quit a game it always highlights NO but doing the same in the ps3 xmb home menu to shut it down it defaults to YES.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I do. I have kids so it's on all the time and I don't catch it a lot of the time ;)

[quote name='ijustw1n']Easy fix is then hold down the ps3 button on the remote for 3-5 seconds and then press the ok button to shut it off without switching over.

When pressing the ps3 remote to quit a game it always highlights NO but doing the same in the ps3 xmb home menu to shut it down it defaults to YES.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call this an easy fix. Sometimes the PS3 can be turned on without anyone knowing.

Yeah the remote was just on sale last week in fact for 14.99 at best buy. Might get a charging station or headset. Curious if the camo headset is included as well. I'm going to best buy today so I'll find out. That price is almost too good to pass up.

Quick review:
The DualShock Charging Station does its job without problems. It uses power from an AC adapter, not from the PS3. To me, it's the least annoying looking controller charger out of all the others sold. You just clip in the controller after you finished playing, and the controller will start charging until the battery is full. There are no lights, which is good if you want to keep a room dark while watching movies. The only catch with this charger is that a small adapter must be attached to the top of the controller, converting the USB charging port to charging contacts, like those seen on cordless phones. The adapters look fine on top of the controller and they don't stick out or get in the way with your fingers. The Sony Wireless Keypad cannot be clipped on the controller with the adapter on top.

[quote name='Mastershredder']Does the newer Sony remote still turn the PS3 on with any button, or just the PS button? That's my one gripe with the original remote.. I accidentally bump it and the PS3 turns on.[/QUOTE]
Yes, any button will turn on the PS3 as long as the remote is in PS3 mode.

If you press the TV mode button, the PS button won't turn on the PS3 and you won't have to worry about accidentally turning it on.

[quote name='Muerthoz']Does this only work on the black bluetooth headset or will this work on the camo one too?[/QUOTE]
Most likely no, the coupon will only work with the black headset. The coupon only had 3 SKU numbers and none of them were for the camo headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came here to say the coupon does not work with the urban camo headset. TOTALLY LAME. Also the charging station at the Best Buy I went too was 34.99. TOTALLY LAME.

For anyone using the Reward Zone App (for android at least), PRINT OUT the coupon! The details for the coupon pulled up but the barcode did not. On the app. it does not mention a coupon code, just for the cashier to enter in the reward zone ID. When the cashier did, it did not pull up that I was a GCU member or a gamer club member at all. I thought this was weird since in March, I purchased a used game and got the 10% GCU off. The cashier asked if I for my gamer club number, then had to call someone else over when I told her that I don't know it since it should be linked to my account. I am pretty sure it is the RZ ID, but when we went to "view details" for the coupon, it told the cashier to enter in the gamer club number. I then tried several times to sign in directly to the reward zone site, but didn't remember my password. The second cashier called over a rep from the gaming department to ask what to do since it didn't show that I was a member. He suggested that they re-enroll me to see if it would work, but it didn't. At least on the app, I was able to pull up past purchases to show that I was a GCU member, which then led to her to do a manual override for the discount.

Geez, all that trouble to save a few bucks. It came out to be the same price I would have paid for it on Amazon, but RZ points are worth more than Amazon points in terms of points to cash value ratio. I hope that re-enrollment sku that she scanned doesn't effect my account.

[quote name='Psychonik']Came here to say the coupon does not work with the urban camo headset. TOTALLY LAME. Also the charging station at the Best Buy I went too was 34.99. TOTALLY LAME.[/QUOTE]

The charging station was still 29.99 at my BB.

bread's done
Back