Cousin will not allow me to buy their kids a new ps3 for xmas due to the

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
FIRST OFF if in wrong spot please move Mod thanks doing this late and need to get to work and will check in later to see if anyone have left REAL answers to the question.. if your going to flame just move on

back to point

Fact japan had that earthquake and she thinks there is radiation all over the chips cause they sat on the shelves over there for months... Im trying to tell her not all ps3 systems are even made in japan (at least i dont think they are)

they wont even allow their kids to touch a 3ds or psp cause she says the same thing...

see im not the only stupid person in my family ...

NOt trying to start a fight but can anyone give me some good answers i can tell her why her thinking is wrong . cause they really want a ps3 this year and one of them just broke their old ds system and wants to upgrade but their mother is throwing a fit thinking if she lets any of this stuff into their house its BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also going to tell them you think that is bad just think of all of the WIFI crap that is going though your body now with your wireless modem but i know that will start a fight :)

thanks for the help

[quote name='slidecage']

[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

My only suggestion is to buy a PS3 and tape a "Made in Coalsville, New Mexico" on it or something.

lol? Does she let her kids eat bananas or there too much radiation in them too.

I don't know what to tell you other than you are being a great uncle, is she really being serious about this or she just doesn't want you to spend the money? It's not like radiation is anything new to Japan (atomic bombs) I think that's a little to much on the paranoia side.

Only the first few batches of PS3's are made in Japan, particularly the 20GB and 60GB ones, but those are long gone from normal retail stores and even then, they were made way before the nuclear power plant incident.

As helluvagood said, they are all made in China now, so unless your cousin worries about diseases like SARS and H1N1 or whatever, which are pretty much not possible to be transmitted that way, then should be fine.

Its her kid, and you should respect her decision....

no matter how stupid....

oh fuck, I can't agree with that. Just hit her and tell her how it is and that she's being an idiot.

You should tell her that the effects of radiation are really overblown. I have been living in Japan for the past 6+ years and am feeling fine.

As a matter of fact, the 6th finger that I have just recently grown on each hand has made me, if anything, a better gamer.

The PS3 uses Intel chips, which are made in the USA and the Philippines.

Why would you even buy something so expensive for your cousin's children? They are only your second cousins. Get them a ball in a cup or something.

[quote name='Blade']The PS3 uses Intel chips, which are made in the USA and the Philippines.

Why would you even buy something so expensive for your cousin's children? They are only your second cousins. Get them a ball in a cup or something.[/QUOTE]

To some people, cousins are like brothers/sisters. I have a few cousins myself that I put on that brother/sister level.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']In that case, better destroy all the microwaves and cell phones they own since those actually do give off a TON of radiation.[/QUOTE]

LOL dont even get me started the year someone gave her a microwave for christmas and she totally flipped out even when it wasnt plugged in screaming

Get it out of my house get it out of my house...

the funny thing is she lives in an apartment and i know for a fact (cause good friends with their neighbors ) the ones living on both sides of her have wireless modems and they have one as well.. so im pretty sure that is more crap floating though the air then anything they can get off a ps3/psp

and even if it had something on it it would of set off the scanners when they took the parts over here.

also i wonder how much stuff is really made in china ... i think only the boxes are made in china and people are just too lazy to make up a new box since almost 99% of every box says made in china :)

[quote name='slidecage']LOL dont even get me started the year someone gave her a microwave for christmas and she totally flipped out even when it wasnt plugged in screaming

Get it out of my house get it out of my house...

the funny thing is she lives in an apartment and i know for a fact (cause good friends with their neighbors ) the ones living on both sides of her have wireless modems and they have one as well.. so im pretty sure that is more crap floating though the air then anything they can get off a ps3/psp

and even if it had something on it it would of set off the scanners when they took the parts over here.

also i wonder how much stuff is really made in china ... i think only the boxes are made in china and people are just too lazy to make up a new box since almost 99% of every box says made in china :)[/QUOTE]

Wait, she dosn't have a microwave in her house? :whistle2:#

But yea, if she has a cell phone, she may as well be olding a microwave to her head.

Just tell her you bought a used one from before the plant problem, unwrap the sob and put it back in the box minus plastic baggies etc

Can any components even become radioactive? I hear nickel can hold the radiation. If you can show the systems don't have anything that can become radioactive, there's no problem.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']In that case, better destroy all the microwaves and cell phones they own since those actually do give off a TON of radiation.[/QUOTE]
Microwaves don't emit radiation (gamma rays). Cell phone towers on the other hand...

Buy a sticker with the radiation symbol with a line through it and put it on the box. Also, find a sticker with a person in a dunce cap with a line through it, and put that on the box, also. Does this apply to autos, also? Can I end another sentence with the word "also", also?

Wireless modems are pretty much everywhere, you can bring a portable device pretty much anywhere in a city or even on residential streets and pick up at least 3-4 signals per spot. Some malls alone have hundreds of signals, so you better tell her to never go to a mall again.

[quote name='slidecage']FIRST OFF if in wrong spot please move Mod thanks doing this late and need to get to work and will check in later to see if anyone have left REAL answers to the question.. if your going to flame just move on

back to point

Fact japan had that earthquake and she thinks there is radiation all over the chips cause they sat on the shelves over there for months... Im trying to tell her not all ps3 systems are even made in japan (at least i dont think they are)

they wont even allow their kids to touch a 3ds or psp cause she says the same thing...

NOt trying to start a fight but can anyone give me some good answers i can tell her why her thinking is wrong . cause they really want a ps3 this year and one of them just broke their old ds system and wants to upgrade but their mother is throwing a fit thinking if she lets any of this stuff into their house its BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also going to tell them you think that is bad just think of all of the WIFI crap that is going though your body now with your wireless modem but i know that will start a fight :)

thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

Well, you could do 1 of 3 things:

1. Go to your local University/College that has a physics department and ask if you can take a PS3 over there and use a Geiger-counter they have to prove there is no radiation risk. They'll probably laugh at your request but will probably help you as well. Make sure your silly family member goes so they can at least get some education as to what radiation is and how it does and doesn't work.

2. Buy a used PS3 that was made before the reactor incident. A fat version would be ideal.

3. By an Xbox 360 instead.

AT

[quote name='pjb16']Wait, she dosn't have a microwave in her house? :whistle2:#

But yea, if she has a cell phone, she may as well be olding a microwave to her head.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a microwave.

But I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

Anybody that can actually say that with a straight face and mean it is hopeless. There is no arguing or making a logical point with those types of people. Visit for holidays with your foil hat, and call it good! haha

[quote name='sp00ge']Please tell me she's not a registered voter. Please![/QUOTE]

McCain/Palin all the way, baby! ;)

[quote name='Andami']You know, the sun also gives off a decent amount of radiation...[/QUOTE]

All new PS3s ship with your own personal atmosphere to protect you from PS3's deadly rays.

perfect perfect perfect.

OP the next time you see them, bring an umbrella for the sun. bring a foil hat so you can get cancer, and bring in a hazmat suit so the wifi cant hurt you.

please do this OP.

[quote name='Blade']The PS3 uses Intel chips, which are made in the USA and the Philippines.

Why would you even buy something so expensive for your cousin's children? They are only your second cousins. Get them a ball in a cup or something.[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny!

still tryin to talk them into letting me buy them a PSP system (since its 99 bucks) she goes

They are 99 bucks for a reason . they are trying to get the stock of poison chips out of the system (what made me laugh)

also desided to just give them my old xbox 360 i had for a few years just sitting around in a box (used it a few times until i had no room for it) i think i got it 2 years back for 60 bucks off the amazon price mistake thanksgiving day

Here's one;
Get a friend to sign a statement saying "This PS3 was never in Japan" as Howard Stringer.

If that doesn't work, you could always call the funny farm.

Ask her what she thinks of the people who have traveled to and from Japan since the earthquake. They're probably walking amongst us right now.

Both my 20gb fat and 120gb slim were made in China.

[quote name='mitch079']Ask her what she thinks of the people who have traveled to and from Japan since the earthquake. They're probably walking amongst us right now.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Plus the fact that we all live on a planet with a shared weather system which could blow nuclear fallout this way.

I'd be an ass and tell her Japanese cars have radiation too just to see if she becomes deathly afraid of Hondas and Toyotas, or any other car built by an Asian company.

And if she's ever visited Las Vegas...did you know this city is outside a former military nuclear testing ground?

bread's done
Back