COWABUNGA DUDES! TMNT out now on XBLA - 400pts!

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
According to a mole on this this website it looks like it may be true:

tmntarcadexbla.jpg

tmntarcadexbla2.jpg

You can definitely tell that Digital Eclipse has something to do with it.

Edit: It looks like it's official now. Daroga posted a video with gameplay footage:

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xboxlivearcade/teenagemutantninjaturtles1989/videos/1868

Edit 2: Officially confirmed: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770555p1.html?RSSwhen2007-03-06_000000&RSSid=770555

Released on 3/14:
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/03/12/542646.aspx

Achievements:

There are 12 achievements worth 200 points
Out of the 12 achievements, 1 is secret

1. Ninjitsu - 10 Points
Defeat three opponents with a direct attack.

2. Lofty Goal - 10 Points
Clear out April's Loft, losing 10 health or less, in a Local game.

3. Lickity Split - 10 Points
Clear out the Apartment and April’s Loft in 2:00 minutes or less.

4. Fire Hazard - 20 Points
Rescue Master Splinter without being burned by the flamethrower.

5. Evade - 15 Points
Defeat General Traag in the Technodrome, losing 20 or less health.

6. Deep Freeze - 15 Points
Get past the freezing trap in the Technodrome, without being frozen.

7. Strategy - 25 Points
Defeat Krang's robot, losing 10 health or less.

8. Turtle Soup - 25 Points
Defeat Shredder without being turned into a regular turtle.

9. Superhero - 15 Points
Destroy all Parking Meters, Pylons, Barrels, and Speed Signs in the game.

10. Slice and Dice - 25 Points
Earn 250 points, individually, in an Xbox Live CO-OP game.

11. Real Ultimate Power - 30 Points
Defeat Shredder in an Xbox Live CO-OP game, and live to tell the tale.

12. Secret Achievement
Secret achievement.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Konami and Ubisoft would team up on something like this? Did I miss a merger?[/QUOTE]

They have the rights for TMNT games now.

I would definently buy this from XBLA, but I really doubt it is real, and even then it would take a while to actually release it.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Oh shit! 4 player over Live would be kickass![/quote]

im already sold.

now if only we could get 6 player xmen.

Holy lord. If this is true, then perhaps some companies can really work together to bring out older, licensed titles. I'd give definite props to Ubisoft for working with Konami to bring this to XBLA, if it ends up being real.

Now, what do we have to do to get Capcom and, say, Activision to talk about some Marvel stuff? Hey, even Konami and Activision to discuss some things about, say, X-Men. No, no, wait, I can't think like this. I don't need future disappointment.

This could be true, TMNT 1 for NES is coming out on the VC too. It's just MAJOR cross promotion for the movie / movie game... someone is FINALLY using XBLA / VC the right way.

Sadly, TMNT The Arcade Game was superior on the NES too... extra levels and all that jazz. I'd probably still get this version though.

[quote name='JBaby']Wow, this and the Simpsons arcade game would be awesome.[/quote]

QFMFT. If the simpsons arcade game came out, I would probably drop 2000 points on it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sadly, TMNT The Arcade Game was superior on the NES too... extra levels and all that jazz. I'd probably still get this version though.[/quote]

It ends up being hilarious for me since I can see myself and my friends buying the XBLA version because anything involving good 4-player co-op is an immediate purchase and yet most of us will turn towards the VC and pick up TMNT as well because, seriously, it was a severely polished game that still holds up amazingly well today with all of its extra content and difficulty.

Good times, all around. But yes, this is the way you do cross-promotion, definitely.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']now if only we could get 6 player xmen.[/QUOTE]
HOLY fuckING SHIT.

That would kick ass SO HARD.

I remember with great fondness many an hour playing X-MEN with six of my friends in the arcade.

edit: I did not use "HOLY fuckING SHIT" beacause seanr1221 used it, it is merely a coincidence that we both happened to be so excited by this news.

[quote name='rodeojones903']That would be so fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

QFT my dear friend, QFT . . .

If it's true, but I'm doubtful that two rival companies would come together like this. HOWEVER, if this is somehow true, Konami & Activision need to get working on porting Simpsons and X-Men, NOW.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Konami & Activision need to get working on porting Simpsons and X-Men, NOW.[/QUOTE]
QFTMFT

but will it have the original music? I remember when Konami has the old TMNT games as unlockable bonus, but without the original music.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']HOWEVER, if this is somehow true, Konami & Activision need to get working on porting Simpsons and X-Men, NOW.[/quote]

And if this is really for cross-promotion with the upcoming TMNT movie, then perhaps The Simpsons could possibly be in development already to align with the upcoming Simpsons movie.

OK, now I'm DREAMING.

Good heavens. I picked a good time to nab a 360 I guess. You can all thank me later for the XBLA reformation coming about in recent days. ;)

I'd get this, easily, whenever it hit. I've not paid much attention, what do arcade games of this era go for usually? 400 points? 800?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

As some people probably know, this is my #1 request for XBLA.

If it's going to happen, it'll be soon so it ties in with the movie release...so now's as good a chance as any for it to finally happen. Just prayin' that the original music is in there for the opening sequence.

[size="+1"]OK HOPEFULLY THIS IS LEGIT OK THANKS BYE[/size]

Wasn't X-men sort of a widescreen game to begin with, with the dual screen setup that the full six-player version sported??? Maaaan it's just begging for the XBLA treatment then.

Question about the recent TMNT port: was it just the intro music that was changed, or was the in-game music changed as well? What about the sound effects?

[quote name='danked']blah i hate when its not full screen[/QUOTE]

Actually it is fullscreen, I think you mean you hate when it's not widescreen.

I agree, too bad we can't go back in time and make all those old arcade classics 16:9. Or maybe you just prefer they make a whole new game instead of port the classic?

Isn't that kind of like getting to drive in a restored model T ford from 1915 and complaining it isn't automatic with air conditioning?

[quote name='danked']blah i hate when its not full screen[/QUOTE]
You can stretch the screen to fill out your TV.

It'd be nice if the guy who sent cheapy the partnernet video, would send him a video of him playing this game, since he doesn't have an NDA.

I remember playing this when I was like 8 back in the arcades. Hopefully this isn't just a rumor and we'll see it up on xbox live soon.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Wasn't X-men sort of a widescreen game to begin with, with the dual screen setup that the full six-player version sported??? Maaaan it's just begging for the XBLA treatment then.

Question about the recent TMNT port: was it just the intro music that was changed, or was the in-game music changed as well? What about the sound effects?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume it was just the intro music since it was from the cartoon. There would be little reason to change the rest of it unless there were out-of-the-ordinary circumstances.

And yes, the 6-player version of X-Men had a dual-monitor cabinet. Perfect for widescreen, indeed.

Holy Shit, this would be fuckin awesome if this made its way to the arcade. Lets hope this spawns some more arcade ports with this much awesomeness.

Lets just hope they don't port TMNT(1) for the NES as well.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'd assume it was just the intro music since it was from the cartoon. There would be little reason to change the rest of it unless there were out-of-the-ordinary circumstances.

And yes, the 6-player version of X-Men had a dual-monitor cabinet. Perfect for widescreen, indeed.[/QUOTE]

All of the original music was removed in the TMNT port in Battle Nexus, some of the sound fx and voices as well. If this game really does come out for XBLA, I hope everything makes it intact.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']TMNT Tournament Fighters needs to go on there.[/quote]

No. No it doesn't. TMNT Tournament Fighters is a horrible abomination of a game, let's never speak of it again. Anyways, the reason the music was completely changed when TMNT was included as an extra on the PS2 game was because Konami didn't own the rights to it and either didn't want to pay the royalties, or just wasn't able to secure the rights at all. If this does resurface again, the music will most definitely be changed as well.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Cool, I'll mark November on my calendar.[/QUOTE]

Remember, this is XBLA we're talking about, so we would really be looking at November 2010, maybe...

bread's done
Back