cowboom.com Xbox 360 Elite 120GB bundle $185 shipped

loomis1975

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Credit goes to Techbargains.com

Old school Black Elite Xbox 360 120 GB $185 shipped

model FAA-00059

This is a deal of the day. Comes with Pure and Lego Batman. Not sure how many would be interested in something like this now that the slim has been out for awhile.

Also I'm not overly familiar with cowboom so I can't really confirm if this is a refurb or not, but it seems to be new. Maybe others more familiar with where they put their pertinent info would be able to enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad deal. I'd think about getting one of these myself since I just sent mine into Amazon. The slim is nice, I guess, but the 250 is too much money (and too much space), and wifi is unnecessary... so I'd hop on this deal in a second. Too bad I don't have the cash and will probably just be getting a new slim with my GS/Amazon credit. Thanks OP

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Not a bad deal. I'd think about getting one of these myself since I just sent mine into Amazon. The slim is nice, I guess, but the 250 is too much money (and too much space), and wifi is unnecessary... so I'd hop on this deal in a second. Too bad I don't have the cash and will probably just be getting a new slim with my GS/Amazon credit. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

If you installed the games to the hard drive, you will use up the 250g hard drive pretty quick.

[quote name='foreinter']If you installed the games to the hard drive, you will use up the 250g hard drive pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Which is a waste to me. Not gonna use up like 6 gigs of my hard drive space to have my game's load times be slightly quicker. I had like 5 games installed on my 120 gig. Add that on to a bunch of demos and useless videos, and I still had 60 gigs free. Once I got rid of all that useless stuff before I sent in my elite, it was roughly 12 gigs. Then again, I haven't downloaded that many games or DLC from the marketplace. Probably 5 or so.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Which is a waste to me. Not gonna use up like 6 gigs of my hard drive space to have my game's load times be slightly quicker. I had like 5 games installed on my 120 gig. Add that on to a bunch of demos and useless videos, and I still had 60 gigs free. Once I got rid of all that useless stuff before I sent in my elite, it was roughly 12 gigs. Then again, I haven't downloaded that many games or DLC from the marketplace. Probably 5 or so.[/QUOTE]

Not only does it make loads slightly quicker, but it saves your drive from running the entire time. That keeps it cooler and quieter.

Both times I have ordered from Cowboom I did not receive everything I was supposed to. When I contacted them they did refund their "value" of the missing items but still, if you order this dont be surprised if it is missing cables or something else you need.

[quote name='foreinter']If you installed the games to the hard drive, you will use up the 250g hard drive pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

considering most games are 6-10gb and theres no reason to have them installed to your hard drive after you beat the campaign/game, you'll have plenty of room even with multiple installs.

The other thing that installing the game to the hard drive helps with is if the disc gets scratched. If it normally would not be able to play while running from disc.. assuming you had it installed to the hard drive.. it will then continue to run off that. So prevents having to go out and buy a new disc (unless the system won't even initially read it at all). Thats the #1 reason why I install everything to the hard drive.. never know when it might get scratched to prevent from playing in a certain section.

On the topic of this deal.. I really don't think its that great of a deal. Now it is so common to see huge gift card deals with the purchase of a 250.. I think a few have $100 gift card deals going on right now (or something close to that.. might be wrong..). I know thats still $300 out of pocket.. but thats an extra $100 towards games or something to make use of it. But this deal could be valuable to some people.

If he is like me though he isnt playing 20 games at once. Ive never broken 10gb barrier on mine in all the years Ive had a 360.

I play a game and when Im done I uninstall it because more often than not I dont want to play it again anytime soon. Then I get something else out and play it.

[quote name='gargus']If he is like me though he isnt playing 20 games at once. Ive never broken 10gb barrier on mine in all the years Ive had a 360.

I play a game and when Im done I uninstall it because more often than not I dont want to play it again anytime soon. Then I get something else out and play it.[/QUOTE]

10gb? o_O thats like a demo and one game installed. the most i've had installed at the same time was 2 or 3 so the campaign didnt get spoiled from overplaying one game.

I had considered getting this last time at this price but with tax it is $196 shipped for me. Im not sure going through the trouble of selling my 250gb slim on craigslist for $250 is worth the $50 I would make off it...

Beware, this site has terrible customer service. Only placed one order on this site awhile back for a camera. The order went through and I was charged, but then was told they were out of stock after the fact. For any other company it would have been a no questions asked refund, but I had to pull teeth with this one. At one point they actually told me they weren't going to give me a refund.

I eventually got a refund after MANY calls to their customer support number, and after all that, they actually offered me a $5 gift card for their site...as if I'd ever give them my business again.

If this is actually a new sealed elite 120gb with the two games (the last holiday bundle they released in late 2010), it wouldn't be a bad deal. That would make it a Jasper system which was the last and best revision of the old "phat" 360s. If it is a used system "rebundled" by Cowboom, forget it.

But seeing that this is from Cowboom, after hearing some bad stories, I'd pass . . . would be better off with a slim 360 from a reputable retailer, even if you have to get a 4gb system (which often have gift cards) and add a 250gb hdd later.

bread's done
Back