Cowboom used console flash sale(Vitas $145 +tax)

lorne

CAGiversary!
Alternating deals, if you see something you might want, put it in your cart quickly then decide if the condition meets your requirements. Refresh the page every few minutes for new deal.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

So far seen:
Playstation Vita for $139 +$5 shipping +tax
PSP Go $69 +$5 shipping +tax
160GB PS3 for $139 +$5 shipping +tax
4GB XBOX 360 $99 +$5 shipping +tax

Good luck!

Damn tempting for the Vita. But wifi + "significant scratches or scuffs" means i'm using all my willpower to not spend $154. Oh, how I hate that the only reason the wifi poop exsits is so the 3G can be more expensive.

Thanks for posting, OP. I'll keep checking to see if they have one in halfway decent shape.

Yeah, they have a cond 5 up now(Some scratches and/or signs of use). Saw a couple of condition 6's earlier.

[quote name='lorne']Yeah, they have a cond 5 up now(Some scratches and/or signs of use). Saw a couple of condition 6's earlier.[/QUOTE]

I had a 6 in my cart, but I just cant force myself to purchase a scratched up console. I'll be so turned off by the fingerprints when I open the box, and the fact that it's not a 3G...

Eh, maybe i'm a prude, but saving $100 just isn't worth it to me. I'll keep waiting a few years. They'll either drop the price of the 3G eventually or discontinue it, which will force my hand.

This is a pretty damn good deal for people who don't mind scratches and fingerprints though. I just wish that was me.

@ musha I know you're just wanting some person to step up and say, "Do it! Buy that system."

I'll be that person.

[quote name='musha666']Tempted to get a 6. Its in my cart now. There really are no games on this system though. So I dont think I will.[/QUOTE]

No games ? I currently own 16, They have a little of everything. Just watch a few videos and try the demo's. I was pleasantly surprised by a few titles. Resistance got crapped on but for what it is I'm actually enjoying it. It defenitely has its flaws but I honestly believe that people are so spoiled by COD that they don't remember how a FPS used to work. The system does have alot of ports but atleast they're done right. Can't really complain about much, Ninja Gaiden is still just as brutal ,the last boss in BlazBlue is a fucking asshole, Disgaea is as complex as ever & Wtf drug is Katamary on ?? I defenitely want to pick up Virtual Tennis 4 next and I think I'll be straight until the fall lineup....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musha666']Tempted to get a 6. Its in my cart now. There really are no games on this system though. So I dont think I will.[/QUOTE]

The Vita has a great selection of games so far for a system less than 6 months old. Gravity Rush, MK, MLB, Resistance, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden, UMvC, BlazBlue, and I know I'm missing some of the other good games. I think people have become so spoiled with the wealth of titles available now for the 360 and PS3 that they forget about their really crappy launch titles

The Vita has games. Good games in fact. The problem is no games are currently coming out for the Vita and it appears that there won't be more quality (AAA) games coming to Vita until November.

Would had picked the Vita up last month to play on my 16 hour flight. Getting a Samsung Galaxy Phone so will have to wait for the holidays to make my next big purchase.

Damn...this is way more obnoxious than it usually is. 99% of the time, I'm just seeing that shitty PSPGo for $70 that they've been to sell for weeks.

I picked up a condition 6 vita, I'll let you know how it turns out. I got a condition 5 160 gig ps3 slim from cowboom about a year ago for 130 and it looks practically brand new so I'm hoping this turns out good as well!

[quote name='Drclaw411']Damn tempting for the Vita. But wifi + "significant scratches or scuffs" means i'm using all my willpower to not spend $154. Oh, how I hate that the only reason the wifi poop exsits is so the 3G can be more expensive.

Thanks for posting, OP. I'll keep checking to see if they have one in halfway decent shape.[/QUOTE]
The 3G is useless. It just updates small bits of game data and allows you to browse the web, no online play and it has a data cap.

[quote name='shadowrage']The 3G is useless. It just updates small bits of game data and allows you to browse the web, no online play and it has a data cap.[/QUOTE]

Wow, no online play? Looks like I'll be getting a wifi model whenever there is a price drop. I am not paying an extra $50 for web browsing. That's what my phone and computer are for.

[quote name='shadowrage']The 3G is useless. It just updates small bits of game data and allows you to browse the web, no online play and it has a data cap.[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow might as well get the wifi and use my cellphone as a hotspot.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Guess this deal is dead, It's just showing the PSPGo now for $69.99 + $5 shipping.[/QUOTE]

It is a fire sale. Cowboom randomly goes through different systems. This is the first time I have seen a vita on it but I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. If you can't find one this time around they will have another console firesale in a month or so.

WTF? If you click the add to cart button before the page starts loading, apparently you have to refresh the page for it to do anything (trying before a full load keeps it from working even when it finishes loading). I feel like I just spent 5 minutes boxing with this site only to lose a grade 6 because they suck at web programming. The page takes a while to load (I have a 30Mbps/5Mbps connection) due to "widget.winbuyer.com" which I am assuming is spam (actually, the site accesses several other domain names, which is absolutely ridiculous for a commercial site), yet not waiting the 30+ seconds for it to load means a non-functioning site. I have literally never seen a site where trying to click a button before the page loaded prevented the page from working when it did finish loading before this POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hauz20']@ musha I know you're just wanting some person to step up and say, "Do it! Buy that system."

I'll be that person.[/QUOTE]

You suck, I bought it. =-P Hehe.

$70 for a PSPGO? I really want to know who would buy one for that price. I would maybe buy one for $25.

[quote name='Dev518']$70 for a PSPGO? I really want to know who would buy one for that price. I would maybe buy one for $25.[/QUOTE]

All the people in the Gamestop PSPGO thread twhen it dropped recently to the same price apparently. I don't get it either.

[quote name='mitch079']All the people in the Gamestop PSPGO thread twhen it dropped recently to the same price apparently. I don't get it either.[/QUOTE]

You can hack it, 16gb internal, dualshock 3 support, tv output...

I recieved my vita from cowboom today it was a condition 6 and it looks brand new with the exception of one little scratch about a cm long on the back of the system beside the back touch screen. Needless to say I am extremely happy with the system and I really like the Vita!

bread's done
Back