Cowboy Bebop complete series DVD sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Stele']Sorry, I was gonna sell for $17.99. Guess you're out of my range.[/QUOTE]
Yeah my limit is $25.01 oh well

Um, Amazon itself has it for $36. Seeing how I first got into the series before most legit Anime prices plummeted, I payed $23 for each of the six discs, which comes to $132. Some time later, the remix versions came out, but I wasn't going to pay $23-$25 each for them. Once the "Anime Legends" version came out for $40 (set price), I was sold. My point is that, yes, you could wait for what looks like a miracle, or you could just get it for $35. If I were in your shoes, I'd be too paranoid about getting a bootleg. Amazon might have a sale on it, someday, and drop it into the high 20's or low 30's, but that is the best that I think that you're going to get for a guaranteed legit version. Now, I don't know. You might not care about getting a bootleg, but I do.

For a moment I thought he was asking for the long OOP Perfect Edition set, as of which I was going to have a hearty laugh at thinking he could score one for that price. (and then go and give mine a hug...)

[quote name='GlassAgate']Um, Amazon itself has it for $36. Seeing how I first got into the series before most legit Anime prices plummeted, I payed $23 for each of the six discs, which comes to $132. Some time later, the remix versions came out, but I wasn't going to pay $23-$25 each for them. Once the "Anime Legends" version came out for $40 (set price), I was sold. My point is that, yes, you could wait for what looks like a miracle, or you could just get it for $35. If I were in your shoes, I'd be too paranoid about getting a bootleg. Amazon might have a sale on it, someday, and drop it into the high 20's or low 30's, but that is the best that I think that you're going to get for a guaranteed legit version. Now, I don't know. You might not care about getting a bootleg, but I do.[/QUOTE]

Just 3 months ago buy.com was selling it for $18. It was 70% off.

[quote name='adamthered']For a moment I thought he was asking for the long OOP Perfect Edition set, as of which I was going to have a hearty laugh at thinking he could score one for that price. (and then go and give mine a hug...)[/QUOTE]

What's he talking about? The LE perfect sessions boxset?

[quote name='RenoVatio']What's he talking about? The LE perfect sessions boxset?[/QUOTE]

There are 2 "sessions" sets. One you can buy (it may be OOP now) at BB for 35-40 that does not have all the eps called "best sessions".

There is a also a "perfect sessions" 6 DVD LE set that retailed for 199.99 when it came out.

Id just go with the Cowboy Bebop Remix Collection.

Its 33 at DD, but really that is a very fair price considering how many times Bandai has repackaged and resold the series.

I would go with the Remix Collection. I paid 35 for mine a couple of years ago. Best I can tell you is wait until DeepDiscountDVD has there 20% off sale to get it closer to your price.

I don't understand why this anime is still so expensive. It was an excellent show with excellent voice work (God bless Steve Blum) but it is pretty old at this point. Paying anything more than $20 for this series just seems kind of like overkill. I've picked up box sets like DragonBall Z and Trinity Blood for much much less.

[quote name='cdeener']I would go with the Remix Collection. I paid 35 for mine a couple of years ago. Best I can tell you is wait until DeepDiscountDVD has there 20% off sale to get it closer to your price.[/QUOTE]

Let me know when that sale comes along.

[quote name='GilmooDaddy']I don't understand why this anime is still so expensive. It was an excellent show with excellent voice work (God bless Steve Blum) but it is pretty old at this point. Paying anything more than $20 for this series just seems kind of like overkill. I've picked up box sets like DragonBall Z and Trinity Blood for much much less.[/QUOTE]

Compared to most other shows of a similar length, it's not expensive at all. And it's frequently on sale, too - sometimes as low as $20, and often below $30.

[quote name='GilmooDaddy']I don't understand why this anime is still so expensive. It was an excellent show with excellent voice work (God bless Steve Blum) but it is pretty old at this point. Paying anything more than $20 for this series just seems kind of like overkill. I've picked up box sets like DragonBall Z and Trinity Blood for much much less.[/QUOTE]

It's not a Funi title so it doesn't get a new release/price point every other week.

I hope I don't sound offensive, but since this isn't a deal and actually a request, why hasn't it been moved yet? Also, Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece.

[quote name='kobe84114']If you saw it at $18 a few monthes ago...why didnt you buy it? I blind bought it.[/QUOTE]

Because i found the deal when i ran a search... a few months later.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Because i found the deal when i ran a search... a few months later.[/QUOTE]

I paid $29.99 for it a loooong time ago and I love that series. Picked up the movie on eBay for about $10 and the manga extension set for around the same price. I think what Amazon has it for now is fair ($34.99) -- it's going to be harder and harder to find much lower given companies are controlling stock a lot better now and rarely dipping below unless absolutely necessary. The Cowboy Bebop series isn't one of those that really needs to be discounted much to move inventory ;-)

And to the moderator, please move this thing -- it doesn't belong here ;-)

I think part of the price thing is due to the fact that this is released by Bandai. The same company that is asking for the ridiculous amount of money for Gundam Unicorn.

Otherwise, $34 is a reasonable price for the remixed set. This a very good series, one of my all time favorites. I still remember the days of overpriced anime when they charged $25 or more for a single disc with 4 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back