Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) - $70 ($30 off)

Geez, I'm wondering whether or not to keep my pre-order. Maybe it'd make sense to keep it sealed for a few weeks and see what's happening on eBay. Hard to imagine it'll beat that $450 though!

I'm definitely going to sell mine if these prices hold, but I think I'll wait until I have it in hand first to make sure it's not damaged in shipment.

I'm definitely going to sell mine if these prices hold, but I think I'll wait until I have it in hand first to make sure it's not damaged in shipment.
I would as well, since you never know what fun you might have it you get a damaged one in shipment.

There might also be some that show at time of release from canceled orders, failed credit card payments and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest problem with the LE versions is that they come with DVD's too. I already have a DVD set that I need to get rid of now.

I sold mine for close to $400 I don't flip often, bought I bought this one and the funimation one... Keeping the funi one. I was going to keep both, but near $300 profit, couldn't say no.

Anyone know why these are selling for so much? They were in stock for awhile. Maybe thought they would sell for $150 max, not $300-500.

I canceled this a few weeks back, couldn't fit it into my budget, but seeing that I can re-sell it for a few hundred bucks... wow! 0_0

Just sent Amazon an e-mail asking them to undo the cancellation, it's a longshot I know but what the hell, worst they can do is say no XD

Wow I actually came here looking to get $100 in Amazon credit for my pre-order + sent it to your address with Amazon Prime (I figured $100 is fair as I locked in at $89.98 and depending on the state I might get hit with tax).  I actually came to CAG because I don't want to deal with the hassle of flipping (more are showing up on eBay and it's dropping the price some... so no hate on you for making a cool $300+ profit... well PayPal takes 10% and reboxing, but yeah, still a good day).

At this point if someone wants to flip it and go halfies on the profit (aka total - $89.98 [I would send it to you via Prime] - 50% my way the rest for you) I'm in, because I think any sane anime collector is going to just buy the BDs or DVDs sets (I also bought the FUNimation pack and like it as a display piece, which is why I don't mind parting with my pre-order).  Honestly if someone wants to send me $150 in Amazon credit it is yours to do what you want with... keep it resell it... stick it in the fridge, either deal is on the table as I think they would work out to roughly the same amount in the end.

Well I feel like a jackass cancelling my preorder. Oh well.
Heh you can't sweat it, this could have just been a release that never came out (I apperently pre-ordered this and Evangelion 3.33 at the same time... no idea when we'll see the official release of that in NA... I swear I watched the english dub of the film over a year ago by now, srs, it feels like Hellsing all over again!)

^Lucky you I had the chance to get in on the 70 price but didn't and then didn't want to pay the extra 20. facepalm. Oh well I guess the just the standard edition will suffice.

I love all the preorder sales going on eBay.  Amazon is notorious for canceling preorders or not fulfilling all their preorders.  Good luck to all you that sold your preorders on eBay.

This is unreal. I know why the Amazon exclusive is the better version, but essentially, all you're getting is a box and artbooks. Unless you really love artbooks or are a total stickler for boxes, I can't see why anyone would pay more than the MSRP for the set. I agonized over buying the Amazon LE for a while after missing out on getting a Perfect Sessions DVD box when Rightstuf was selling it alone YEARS ago, but when I saw that the cover of the actual Blu-ray case wasn't the same as what was featured on the box (Spike and Jet only vs. Spike, Jet, Faye, and Ed), I felt a little better in ordering the standard release.

This is unreal. I know why the Amazon exclusive is the better version, but essentially, all you're getting is a box and artbooks. Unless you really love artbooks or are a total stickler for boxes, I can't see why anyone would pay more than the MSRP for the set. I agonized over buying the Amazon LE for a while after missing out on getting a Perfect Sessions DVD box when Rightstuf was selling it alone YEARS ago, but when I saw that the cover of the actual Blu-ray case wasn't the same as what was featured on the box (Spike and Jet only vs. Spike, Jet, Faye, and Ed), I felt a little better in ordering the standard release
I sold my Perfect Sessions boxset for about 60 bucks knowing I would get the Blu-Ray. After missing the LE I realized I was likely better off without the useless DVDs. I'm sure I'd love the art book but I never read the Manga's so if I really want Cowboy Bebop on paper, I'm sure that's a more efficient route.

You guys get yours shipped early from amazon or something? Damn, it's not suppose to even be out yet. Can't wait to get my copy and sell it.

You guys get yours shipped early from amazon or something? Damn, it's not suppose to even be out yet. Can't wait to get my copy and sell it.
No, you're allowed to sell up to 30 days in advance for preorders on ebay. If for some reason mine doesn't ship on Amazon, I never spent the money that the buyer paid me, so I'll just refund him/her. My Funi order did ship, but I'm keeping that one.

Mine shipped out today and will be here tomorrow. If this was another anime, then I might consider selling my LE but no way in hell I'm selling Cowboy Bebop.

Best Anime Ever! Well, I think Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal is better but that's not really an Anime series. 

And with this coming back in stock, the sounds of hundreds of eBay sellers cried out in terror and hundreds of eBay buyers being silenced. ;)

O man I sure hope this is not a glitch and the order goes through. Still kicking myself for missing out on the Funimation LE but if I get the Amazon one I'll be happy. 

bread's done
Back