Crackdown 2 $39.99 at dell.com

[quote name='Master Troll']Now this is the true price that the game should be retailed at. Not worth the $60 and I was so hyped for this game.[/QUOTE]Exactly. I loved the original Crackdown and all, but then again I paid $5 for it. Honestly, It's just a budget games masked as a AAA one.

[quote name='Master Troll']Now this is the true price that the game should be retailed at. Not worth the $60 and I was so hyped for this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Crackdown 2's expansion-like-rather-than-full-game, "1.5-not-really-2" nature only further proves that the $59.99 set-in-stone price tag for most new games is an antiquated and perhaps even detrimental-to-sales model.

[quote name='FiendCameron']http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3696985

my friend just pointed me towards this, considering it isn't out till tomorrow i think this is a pretty good deal. considering getting one for myself.[/QUOTE]

yeah i just got 1 right now--there was an earlier post of this but most people didn't pay attention to it its like in page 2 now-just letting you know as some people are haters for repost.

but a good deal for thse who missed the thread early n the morning

I wasnt impressed with the demo very similar graphics, gameplay to the first. I guess $40 might be my breaking point to consider buying it, but not sure its a must buy just yet until i see some reviews

[quote name='geohouse']Not sure on Crackdown 2.[/QUOTE]

I am, and it's a no buy. It's like the same exact game as part 1 and judging from the demo I see no improvement what so ever. Honestly they could price Crackdown 2 at $19.99 and I still wouldn't even buy it.

The only reason they sold so much of the first one, was because of the tied in "Beta" for Halo. This game will fail......

[quote name='geohouse']Not sure on Crackdown 2.[/QUOTE]

I am, and it's a no buy. It's like the same exact game as part 1 and judging from the demo I see no improvement what so ever. Honestly they could price Crackdown 2 at $19.99 and I still wouldn't even buy it.

The only reason they sold so much of the first one, was because of the tied in "Beta" for Halo. This game will fail......

[quote name='tears2040']The only reason they sold so much of the first one, was because of the tied in "Beta" for Halo. This game will fail......[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it had nothing to do with Crackdown being a good game :roll:

Was going to cancel the amazon order and its already been shipped. They dropped the price to $49.99 on Amazon plus the ten dollar credit and no tax. The difference isnt worth the return to me.

I thought the first one was great, but I did pay $10 for it.
I'll probably get the second one once it gets to $20 or less.

I'd love to see Amazon PM this. I've got it pre-ordered with credit there, so I'm not about to switch over, but saving those ten bucks would be nice!

Unfortunately Crackdown 2 seems like a significant step back from the original. Outside of the multiplayer, I see no reason to even grab this at $40. And that's coming from someone who loved the first and was really really anticipating this game. I'm really bummed actually ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the first one. I bought it not giving a shit about halo. I loved the demo for crackdown 2. I have had my copy reserved for several months now and can't wait to pick it up. IMO it is a lot more deserving of a $60 price tag than most of the other games the past couple months.

[quote name='tears2040']I am, and it's a no buy. It's like the same exact game as part 1 and judging from the demo I see no improvement what so ever. Honestly they could price Crackdown 2 at $19.99 and I still wouldn't even buy it.

The only reason they sold so much of the first one, was because of the tied in "Beta" for Halo. This game will fail......[/QUOTE]

I have to agree myself. I actually tried playing the 1st one to finish achievements and i still do not want to do all the orbs and stuff. This makes me for sure not want to do so many dang things like that in the 2nd. The demo of the 2nd i did not like really at all. I might bite if it was $10-15 shipped new or used. I would never buy this under $20.

I have friends so pumped for this game i really hope they enjoy it cause they digged the demo for some reason. I just rather play SP in just cause 2 or red dead.

All the people saying how much they love it and can't get enough of it will be bored as hell in about a month. It's just sad because they removed so many features from the original game and added multiplayer, but I'm not sure it will be enough to sustain interest in this game.

Ruffian deserves an ass kicking for having the nerve to call this Crackdown 2 and delivering such an inferior product. I was defending the Crackdown 2 demo until I read that the full game is literally the same as what you see in the demo, there aren't any different missions, it's just a repeat of 9 of the same mission in different parts of the City.

No bosses, no storyline, no level 6 abilities ... you could literally see most of the game in the demo with the time limit removed before they patched it. It's a damn shame because this game had so much potential ... but I won't pay $60 for an inferior product ... and I'm betting this game will drop in price fast once people wise up to the wool Ruffian is trying to pull over the eyes of Crackdown fans.

yeah, hahaha on this game! IGN running an article that they only developed it for 8 months? their review nailed it on the head. the demo felt like I was playing shitty quake wars enemy territory with graphics on par to that. for some reason the camera was to far back and the character moved like a blocky stick figure.

I actually preordered this at GS a long time ago when it scheduled for the end of August, near my birthday, I won't even be picking it up and getting my $5 back. Will only get this for $15 or less. It may not even be worthy for the collection..

[quote name='ravenz7']I thought the first one was great, but I did pay $10 for it.
I'll probably get the second one once it gets to $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

I'll be doing the same, though I may bite for $29.99 or less for CD 2. It's "more of the same" from everything I've read so far, so why pay $50 or more for it?

I got it coming today, and I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision.

Hopefully Amazon PMs Dell, then I'll feel better about the whole thing.

[quote name='mechachrome']I got it coming today, and I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision.

Hopefully Amazon PMs Dell, then I'll feel better about the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

I kinda doubt they will ... I'm not sure Dell is a significant enough competitor. But I'm sure the game will still be fun, just not as fun as it could have been if that makes sense.

Hell, I'm still tempted to pick it up tomorrow because I like Crackdown ... I just know I will regret spending $60 since it won't give me $60 worth of gaming mileage

[quote name='etcrane']All the people saying how much they love it and can't get enough of it will be bored as hell in about a month.[/QUOTE]

If I play one game for a month that is an extremely long time for me...lol. If somebody can play a $60 game for at least that long, I think they've easily gotten their money's worth.

Damnit, wish I would have seen this before my prerorder with Gamestop went through. I guess I could always return it.

For those that want to sweeten the deal, Bing Cashback is at 10% - Keyword "Inspiron"

Should knock it down to $36...

Anyone else notice how Amazon is only giving $16.25 in trade for this game? I was contemplating renting it from Dell if Amazon was giving enough in trade, but JFC I've never seen such a horrible value for a game that wasn't even out yet.

[quote name='Jodou']Anyone else notice how Amazon is only giving $16.25 in trade for this game? I was contemplating renting it from Dell if Amazon was giving enough in trade, but JFC I've never seen such a horrible value for a game that wasn't even out yet.[/QUOTE]
They know this game is a potential flop and sales won't come to expectations which will result in a speedy price cut. I'll bet that it'll be $40 after Halo:Reach drops.

[quote name='Jodou']Anyone else notice how Amazon is only giving $16.25 in trade for this game? I was contemplating renting it from Dell if Amazon was giving enough in trade, but JFC I've never seen such a horrible value for a game that wasn't even out yet.[/QUOTE]

actually amazon always gives shitty ass tiv for games that are about to come out--then a week or a week n a half later they raise the price don't know why they do that really.

[quote name='youenvy']actually amazon always gives shitty ass tiv for games that are about to come out--then a week or a week n a half later they raise the price don't know why they do that really.[/QUOTE]
It's possibly to see how well received the game is before they sweeten the price to trade-in so they can sell it back knowing that someone will buy it.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Damnit, wish I would have seen this before my prerorder with Gamestop went through. I guess I could always return it.

For those that want to sweeten the deal, Bing Cashback is at 10% - Keyword "Inspiron"

Should knock it down to $36...[/QUOTE]

yours went through, mine shows as being backordered.... wtf was the point of preordering then? lol

They seem to do that with pre-orders. Not sure why. Transformers and Singularity were like that. Singularity jumped to $32.50 on release date.

I've just put a few hours into it single player and basically, if you liked Crackdown 1, you'll probably like Crackdown 2...If you didn't like Crackdown 1, there isn't any really new to make you change your mind. The targeting system a fair bit poorer than in the the first game and the camera seems a bit more fussy, but if you like jumping over tall buildings in two bounds and picking up cars and throwing them down the street while shooting and kicking the shit out everything around you, it is still very enjoyable and overall a fun game to simply just play (unlike, say red dead redepmtion, which I found fairly tedious to actually play). I'm happy with my purchase at $50 with a $10 gift card from amazon.

bread's done
Back