Crackdown 2 49.99$ - Amazon

I couldn't get in to the demo at all. I tried and just got bored of it within 5 minutes, it seems to have it's fair share of both supporters and haters though.

Crackdown 2 bashing seems to be in vouge right now..

I have 12 hours in on the game and I am enjoying it alot. I know it's "more of the same" so if you did not like the first one you won't like this one.

I could track down orbs for weeks...

Kevin

[quote name='poker360']Crackdown 2 is a great game. LOL @ all the haters who are missing out on of this years finest.[/QUOTE]

Lol at trying to justify Crackdown 1.5 for 60 bucks.
The reviews have unanimously stated that Crackdown 2 does not bring anything new to the table and should have been just downloadable packs via Xbox live. This is very disappointing as I was ready to plunk down 60 for this as well.

[quote name='maximus101']Lol at trying to justify Crackdown 1.5 for 60 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

Who pays retail for games? Amazon had Crackdown 2 for $37.

$49.99, -$2.99 Gold Box Discount, -$10.00 pre-order credit.

I can understand that some people just don't like it, but to sit there and go "OMFGZ!!1!1! Its Crakdown 1.2 HAHahaHAha LAWLZ it shoulda beem 5dollers$ on DLC!!11!!!!! IMMA GO PLAY MADDENS 2011 UNSTEAD!!!!"

If you liked Crackdown you will like Crackdown 2. It was well worth the $37 I paid for it.

[quote name='kevgret']Crackdown 2 bashing seems to be in vouge right now..

I have 12 hours in on the game and I am enjoying it alot. I know it's "more of the same" so if you did not like the first one you won't like this one.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

This isn't like people hating on Halo or COD, where they feel they have to pick one or the other and root against the other series. This is a case a of a mediocre game of a much anticipated sequel. They did nothing in this game that couldn't have been added (or should have) in dlc, save for the 4 player co-op which is the only enticing feature.

I loved the first Crackdown, but the demo was dissapointing and everything else I'm reading about it doesn't encourage me to get it, when I could just replay the first one for now until C2 drops to $20. Like others have said, this WILL drop to $30 or less within 3 months.

And for those saying, "yea but don't you want to support the developers?". Read the IGN interview with the Ruffian guys and you will in no way want to give them or MS a dime.

[quote name='kevgret']
[/QUOTE]

And that would bore me to tears.

It's funny that people love the Crackdown orbs but the flags/feathers were rather hated in Assassin's Creed 1/2. I guess AC (1 particularly) should have locked some abilities until enough flags were grabbed. I guess there needs to be some direct benefit to make these collect-a-thons fun.

[quote name='Haggar']Who pays retail for games? Amazon had Crackdown 2 for $37.

$49.99, -$2.99 Gold Box Discount, -$10.00 pre-order credit.

I can understand that some people just don't like it, but to sit there and go "OMFGZ!!1!1! Its Crakdown 1.2 HAHahaHAha LAWLZ it shoulda beem 5dollers$ on DLC!!11!!!!! IMMA GO PLAY MADDENS 2011 UNSTEAD!!!!"

If you liked Crackdown you will like Crackdown 2. It was well worth the $37 I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, last time I checked it's 49.99. It MAY be 37.99 if you had those sequence of events you just mentioned above. Not everyone has 10 dollar pre order credits sitting around for this and not everyone has it waiting on their GB as well.

My original point stands as it was 59.99 prior to Amazon just dropping the price on it.

If you've been reading the reviews, you should know that it is getting lambasted for pretty much being an expansion pack so the "OMFGZ!!1!1! Its Crakdown 1.2 HAHahaHAha LAWLZ it shoulda beem 5dollers$ on DLC!!11!!!!! " is justified from the gallery.

[quote name='maximus101']Lol at trying to justify Crackdown 1.5 for 60 bucks.
The reviews have unanimously stated that Crackdown 2 does not bring anything new to the table and should have been just downloadable packs via Xbox live. This is very disappointing as I was ready to plunk down 60 for this as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to justify. I got 14 hours in my campaign alone, not including my online play. I don't need to base off a review when i love the game... lol. Yeah let me let someone elses opinion tell me what i think of the game? lmao.

and yeah, i got it for 55.99 + $10 credit so fail @ the argument of "oh u paid $60 lolol"

[quote name='poker360']I don't need to justify. I got 14 hours in my campaign alone, not including my online play. I don't need to base off a review when i love the game... lol. Yeah let me let someone elses opinion tell me what i think of the game? lmao.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with everything you say. Reviews are a great way to get an idea of the game. Yes, the idea is biased. That is why there are literally thousands of reviews for almost every game.

Loved the first Crackdown. Many reviewers have said it is similar to the first one. I want something different.

I'll wait until it's $10.

[quote name='rayne117']I disagree with everything you say. Reviews are a great way to get an idea of the game. Yes, the idea is biased. That is why there are literally thousands of reviews for almost every game.

Loved the first Crackdown. Many reviewers have said it is similar to the first one. I want something different.

I'll wait until it's $10.[/QUOTE]

I like reviews, but after i already bought a game and love it, why would i listen to a review to tell me its a 7.5/10 , because it's clearly not to me.. Are people not entitled to their opinion anymore haha.

You can have an opinion, but so can the other guy talking.

The fact is is that Crackdown 2 is pretty much Crackdown 1 with new missions. I don't know about you but I'm not paying full price for that crap.

and yeah, i got it for 55.99 + $10 credit so fail @ the argument of "oh u paid $60 lolol"

LOL just like when you fill up on gas, you only paid 2.499 a gallon instead of 2.50. Just go enjoy your damn game, if you like playing through the same game with new missions then go for it. But don't try and say it's worth full price.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You can have an opinion, but so can the other guy talking.

The fact is is that Crackdown 2 is pretty much Crackdown 1 with new missions. I don't know about you but I'm not paying full price for that crap.

LOL just like when you fill up on gas, you only paid 2.499 a gallon instead of 2.50. Just go enjoy your damn game, if you like playing through the same game with new missions then go for it. But don't try and say it's worth full price.[/QUOTE]

It's worth full price, to me.

Re-hashed crapola. I'm glad I didn't follow through and buy this "update." Really disappointing they didn't make this game great.

[quote name='poker360']It's worth full price, to me.[/QUOTE]

I just had a thought: You are in a thread about a sale on a game you already own.

[quote name='poker360']It's worth full price, to me.[/QUOTE]

This guy just won't let it go. I think that was a very nice well thought out response. Did you really need to take a 3 year old approach by responding with: Well it is to me =P blyah! You don't even address any points. Fail.

[quote name='Zaku77']This guy just won't let it go. I think that was a very nice well thought out response. Did you really need to take a 3 year old approach by responding with: Well it is to me =P blyah! You don't even address any points. Fail.[/QUOTE]
He's a fan of SCC what do you expect

[quote name='poker360']Crackdown 2 is a great game. LOL @ all the haters who are missing out on of this years finest.[/QUOTE]

It's certainly fun (one of those games that's better than the sum of its parts) but no way its one of the best games of the year.

I wouldn't pull the trigger at 39.99 unless I really wanted it... (I preordered it and got it for 36.)

lmao @ haters though.

Crackdown is a fun game. But they essentially passed Crackdown 2 off to a new developer. Said developer reused pretty much every asset from the first game, just changing the missions. Alot of people will tell you that Crackdown 1 had better missions and compared to 2 feels like a much more solid game.

Crackdown 2 was rushed out to make a few bucks. People aren't trying to "hate" on Crackdown, they're telling it like it is.

[quote name='GUNNM']He's a fan of SCC what do you expect[/QUOTE]

Lol splinter cell is good, and if you're saying that because of my signature, i just made it because i'm halfway decent in photoshop and felt like making a sig :cool:

Thats the problem, its not more of the same, otherwise I'd buy it.

Crackdown 2 should play like Crackdown 1 and look as good as APB. It just doesn't though. I'll await the $19.99 pricetag and get it for orb hunting.

Pros:
*Multiplayer.
*Decent sandbox.
*More variety over Crackdown 1 (enemies, weapons, orbs).
*Updated graphics/map/gameplay.

Cons:
*Story/interaction is limited. Your agency contact is the only constant person who talks to you, usually reminding you random crap like "You can't grab a driving orb without a vehicle" or "That peacekeeper had a family" and so on. There are Audio Logs you can hunt down like orbs to fill out the back story...
*Repetitive missions consisting of the following three objectives: assault and take bases from Cell, turn on absorption units, and activate/defend beacons to kill freak bases.
*While the map is updated, it still uses the original base map. It will invoke deja vu if you played the first, both for better and for worse.
*Gameplay (such as targeting, jumping and hanging) is still wonky at times.
*Agent upgrades are.. lacking. The unlocks are decent, but not as varied or as interesting as Prototype or InFamous. Given multiplayer, it would have been nice to see different "trees" or "builds" available; perhaps not for balance sake..
*Enemies scale, but only to a limited degree. Cell gets more powerful weapons and numbers, and freaks get abilities and numbers. No real bosses.

It was fun, but not worth keeping as I feel it won't hold well compared to these other sandbox games. I paid $40 (and got a $10 Amazon coupon), but felt it was better trading it for $35 to Gamestop for DQIX. I'll pick it up again in the $10-20 range. Unless you're really itching for the multiplayer, get the original for a fraction of the cost for the time being (or simply replay it).

I think Crackdown 2 is more for the people who liked messing around and exploring in the first game rather than people who liked hunting down the gang bosses. More mission variety would be great, but what's here is so fun that I don't personally miss it.

I find collecting orbs and doing the races to be way more fun in the first game. The idea of pinging for orbs is great, and it even shows all of the orbs you've found on the map (check under the appropriate Achievement). No longer is getting them all a hopeless thing if you miss one or something. The map also lets you track the various races, so doing them isn't much of a chore any more either.

Also, the multiplayer is quite good. Some people may dismiss it, but part of Crackdown 1's claim to fame was the full-campaign co-op. Now four players can enjoy the campaign together, and even more can team up in competitive modes.

Obviously, this game mainly appeals to people who have played and enjoyed the first Crackdown. Depending on who you are, the term "more of the same" can be either a good or a bad thing. Now as far as I am concerned, I am still kind of disappointed that the sequel isn't being flourished with a lot of effusive praise and people claiming it very much improves upon the first game in each and every way (see: Red Steel 2, Assassin's Creed 2, et al), since for some reason I thought that is exactly what would happen here, and that later on I could just pick up the new-and-improved sequel after I got to playing the first game. But now since I have heard all this "more of the same" stuff - and that holds a negative for me in my mind - I think there really is no reason for me to get this when I can just get the first game and supposedly have pretty much the same experience. And I think a lot of people who have read the same things I have, and haven't played the series yet will go the same route...unless they REALLY want that 4 person co-op.

So yeah, $50 is kind of laughable to me right now since I can pick up the first game for about 10-12 most places. But if you like the series and want the game, any price-drop is good...though $50 is still kind of steep. I personally don't consider it a real price-drop until it hits under $30. :lol:

I can't believe it's set in the same city...

Are the agility orbs and stuff in the same places as before even?? That would be the cheapest thing I had ever heard. The first game was awesome though.

[quote name='Grinchy']I can't believe it's set in the same city...

Are the agility orbs and stuff in the same places as before even?? That would be the cheapest thing I had ever heard. The first game was awesome though.[/QUOTE]

No, there's way more of them and they are of course strewn about differently. Also there are new kinds: renegade, renegade driving, and Live orbs.

I never played the first game and I very much love this game. Can't imagine playing it by myself though, most of the fun comes from screwing around with a buddy.

What's with the recent influx of Punk A$$ B*tches on this site? Why are us CAGs bashing less than MSRP? Last time I checked, less than MSRP equals a deal. Who cares what some jackass reviewers say about the game. If you liked 1 you're semi-bound to like 2.

For those idiots that are saying "In for 1 when it's $5", Move along, there's nothing to see here. So take your trolling ass elsewhere.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']What's with the recent influx of Punk A$$ B*tches on this site? Why are us CAGs bashing less than MSRP? Last time I checked, less than MSRP equals a deal. Who cares what some jackass reviewers say about the game. If you liked 1 you're semi-bound to like 2.

For those idiots that are saying "In for 1 when it's $5", Move along, there's nothing to see here. So take your trolling ass elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

amen brother! :applause:

aghhhhhhhhh Hanging my head down in shame.

I preordered CD2 from Amazon just to use a gaming credit before it expired. I had hopes that CD2 would have been a better CD. I'm pushing my way through the game but it's not that good. I recommend waiting for a price drop to $19.99. Collecting orbs is still fun but the rest is just a mess. They actually made the game worse. I bought CD used for $13 and had a blast with it, even with all the little issues.

I should have got RDR instead of this....

[quote name='nateeasy29']Haters going to hate. This game is awesome. But I do agree it will probably be $25-$30 by the end of August.[/QUOTE]
Cookies gonna bake! Gedit! ;):shock::oops:

bread's done
Back