Crackdown 2 49.99$ - Amazon

[quote name='padlok']aghhhhhhhhh Hanging my head down in shame.

I preordered CD2 from Amazon just to use a gaming credit before it expired. I had hopes that CD2 would have been a better CD. I'm pushing my way through the game but it's not that good. I recommend waiting for a price drop to $19.99. Collecting orbs is still fun but the rest is just a mess. They actually made the game worse. I bought CD used for $13 and had a blast with it, even with all the little issues.

I should have got RDR instead of this....[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the first Crackdown, but I agree with you and all the reviews that said this game was a letdown and like Crackdown 1.5. I also thought the game was not as fun as the first, and just felt empty. This really should not have been a $59.99 MSRP and I'm kinda mad I'm supporting a company putting out what is essentially a new mission pack as a sequel. Wait for a price drop to $20 or rent it.

I like how people are defending this game religiously just because they like collecting orbs for achievements. No wonder Halo is popular.

[quote name='poker360']Crackdown 2 is a great game. LOL @ all the haters who are missing out on of this years finest.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. It's BETTER than the first, people complain about everything. It's more of what every Crackdown fan asked for.... MORE CRACKDOWN. I went back and played the first one, and it's so lackluster compared to CD2. I can't believe people are being so harsh on this game; best $60 spent this year.

Ill pick it up when Its $19.99. I enjoyed the demo but why spend $50 now when I can pay half or less in mere a few weeks

A lot of people including myself hate it because it is nearly identical to the first game. It's an extremely disappointing sequel.

It could have easily been one of the most fun games of the year but instead there's hardly anything new, it looks like crap, there's zero variety in missions, and aside from collecting orbs it fucking sucks.

If you have money to burn sure pay $50 for this now when it will be half that soon enough. If you've just never played Crackdown 1 then you wont know how crappy of a sequel this is and you'll just have the complete lack of variety in missions, bad shooting mechanics, and plain/lousy graphics to complain about.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Seconded. It's BETTER than the first, people complain about everything. It's more of what every Crackdown fan asked for.... MORE CRACKDOWN. I went back and played the first one, and it's so lackluster compared to CD2. I can't believe people are being so harsh on this game; best $60 spent this year.[/QUOTE]

I understand both points of view on this, but fall into the disappointed category. I was a fan of the first Crackdown, but I wanted more than this, even if it meant waiting longer. If I want my Crackdown fix, I'll play the first one. I don't derive any pleasure in bashing a game, but this offers little more over the first, and is really only worth a $60 MSRP if you enjoy collecting more of the same things and getting more achievements. That to me, does not make a compelling value when so much is recycled. Though, perhaps if I went back and played the first one, it would feel lackluster to me like this did. ymmv.

I was really looking forward to this game, as I loved the first one. But one of the biggest reasons I won't buy it is because it's in the exact same city as the first one. I mean, there are ways to give the fans more of the same and still make the game better. For example, look at Assassin's Creed 2, it's the same basic idea as the first, yet almost everyone agrees that it's way better and it's not just in the same location. I just can't believe they had Crackdown 2 take place in Pacific City again.. wow. I think I'll pass on this one..

[quote name='darkskill']I was really looking forward to this game, as I loved the first one. But one of the biggest reasons I won't buy it is because it's in the exact same city as the first one. I mean, there are ways to give the fans more of the same and still make the game better. For example, look at Assassin's Creed 2, it's the same basic idea as the first, yet almost everyone agrees that it's way better and it's not just in the same location. I just can't believe they had Crackdown 2 take place in Pacific City again.. wow. I think I'll pass on this one..[/QUOTE]

So... about GTA taking place in the same city 3 times.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']So... about GTA taking place in the same city 3 times.[/QUOTE]
DOT DOT DOT

Now people are really grasping at straws.

[quote name='Jodou']DOT DOT DOT

Now people are really grasping at straws.[/QUOTE]

How is that grasping at straws? People are complaining it's in the same city, yet GTA got away with it 3 times, and there was never a problem with that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Im not sure you understand. Crackdown 2 is in the exact same city.
Crackdown 2 Pacific City is a "run down" version of Pacific City from the original:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pacific-city-crackdown-2/701006[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you understand. GTA III, GTA: Liberty City Stories, and GTA IV are in the exact same city.
GTA IV's Liberty City is a more "refined" version of Liberty City from the original:

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/grand_theft_auto_iv_comparing_console_generations.html

[quote name='poker360']I don't need to justify. I got 14 hours in my campaign alone, not including my online play. I don't need to base off a review when i love the game... lol. Yeah let me let someone elses opinion tell me what i think of the game? lmao.

and yeah, i got it for 55.99 + $10 credit so fail @ the argument of "oh u paid $60 lolol"[/QUOTE]

Lol at arguing semantics over here buddy. You paid 4 dollars less than 60 bucks for the game so yeah in my book, you paid 60. Please don't start the ten dollar credit BS with me. The actual price on your credit card for said game is 55.99 and not 45.99 so you dropped 56 dollars on a game that will be 20 in less than 6 months.

[quote name='maximus101']Lol at arguing semantics over here buddy. You paid 4 dollars less than 60 bucks for the game so yeah in my book, you paid 60. Please don't start the ten dollar credit BS with me. The actual price on your credit card for said game is 55.99 and not 45.99 so you dropped 56 dollars on a game that will be 20 in less than 6 months.[/QUOTE]

what game wont be $20 in 6 months? This argument is just so damn old.

If you like a particular game then the price doesn't matter. If you think the game isn't that good just wait until it hits a price level that makers it good to you.

I paid $19.99 (with code 25pre) (less $25 credit) and I would have easily paid full price. I have 12-13 hours in on the game and I have another 10 hours in front of me atleast... When you add in Co op I think I'll be paying this for a while..

Kevin

[quote name='maximus101']Lol at arguing semantics over here buddy. You paid 4 dollars less than 60 bucks for the game so yeah in my book, you paid 60. Please don't start the ten dollar credit BS with me. The actual price on your credit card for said game is 55.99 and not 45.99 so you dropped 56 dollars on a game that will be 20 in less than 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Red Dead Redemption was released two months ago, and has hit as low as $20-something. Everything you buy will be worthless in weeks.

Jesus Christ people -- Crackdown 2 is $10 bucks off. If that's a good price for you, go grab it. If not, then get the fuck out of this thread. There's a discussion thread for this game for a reason.

Even absolutely awful games don't drop to $20 in one month. Maybe 2 or 3, hot games might have a sale that drops them down that low but only after a store has sold enough to make that sort of promotion worth it, example - RDR @ GS. I have a feeling this game may drop to 40 in a month or two, but not 20. Look at lost planet 2 ... Game was terrible and it's still $60 most places w/o a coupon.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']So... about GTA taking place in the same city 3 times.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?? You can't compare a PS2 Liberty City to a 360/PS3 Liberty City, sure the name is the same, but they are much different, and on different generations of consoles. If GTA V takes place in the exact same place as GTA IV, then people will be complaining the same as they are now with Crackdown 2.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just stating how I feel.

[quote name='Haggar']Who pays retail for games? Amazon had Crackdown 2 for $37.

$49.99, -$2.99 Gold Box Discount, -$10.00 pre-order credit.

I can understand that some people just don't like it, but to sit there and go "OMFGZ!!1!1! Its Crakdown 1.2 HAHahaHAha LAWLZ it shoulda beem 5dollers$ on DLC!!11!!!!! IMMA GO PLAY MADDENS 2011 UNSTEAD!!!!"

If you liked Crackdown you will like Crackdown 2. It was well worth the $37 I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Same. Its a lot of fun. Renegade orbs are a goooooooooood time.

I am pumped on the $59 I paid for it at BB plus the bonus 500 points for RZ.

The game is more of the same but its way fun. Like the guy above, I could hunt orbs all day !

[quote name='darkskill']Are you serious?? You can't compare a PS2 Liberty City to a 360/PS3 Liberty City, sure the name is the same, but they are much different, and on different generations of consoles. If GTA V takes place in the exact same place as GTA IV, then people will be complaining the same as they are now with Crackdown 2.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just stating how I feel.[/QUOTE]

You can't compare a launch 360 game with a game made 3 years later, then. It's the same city, how can you not compare them; yet compare the same in Crackdown? It doesn't matter if it was a different system or anything else. If Crackdown 2 was on the successor to the 360, and was still in Pacific City, you'd still complain it's in Pacific City.

Stop being hypocritical.

shut up about if its worth it or not, people on both sides. you like, you buy, its as simple as that, theres a demo so you know what to expect, this thread is 4 pages too long.

im getting this in the mail soon from goozex, anyone want to co op it? GT=BAJINGO

[quote name='maximus101']The actual price on your credit card for said game is 55.99 and not 45.99 so you dropped 56 dollars on a game that will be 20 in less than 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Everyone says this about almost every game but it's never true. I remember when X-Men Origins: Wolverine was on sale for $40 on Amazon last year, everyone said it'd be $20 by the end of the summer. I've never seen it cheaper than $30 and it's been over a year. And that's a movie license game.

I've played and beaten Crackdown 2 and I loved the first. Crackdown 2 isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the comments I've read. Yes, it's in the same city but I didn't feel like I was in the same city for most of the game. I'd give it a 7/10. If you like open world games, you won't be disappointed. I'd recommend waiting for a cheaper price though.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I'm not sure you understand. GTA III, GTA: Liberty City Stories, and GTA IV are in the exact same city.
GTA IV's Liberty City is a more "refined" version of Liberty City from the original:

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/grand_theft_auto_iv_comparing_console_generations.html[/QUOTE]
How has no one called out the BS this guy is spewing?

GTA III is in the old Liberty City, GTA Liberty City Stories is in the same city. GTA IV is in an entirely different city. I don't care what "Videogamer" calls the brand new city, that's as bad as listening to reviewers right?

Pacific City is the exact city for two different games made 3 years apart. Maybe if Crackdown was as good as GTA it could slide, but it's not.

[quote name='rayne117']Pacific City is the exact city for two different games made 3 years apart. Maybe if Crackdown was as good as GTA it could slide, but it's not.[/QUOTE]

OMG I just realized Madden games have been playing on the same 100 yard field for over 20 years!

[quote name='Haggar']OMG I just realized Madden games have been playing on the same 100 yard field for over 20 years![/QUOTE]
The more you know.

[quote name='rayne117']How has no one called out the BS this guy is spewing?

GTA III is in the old Liberty City, GTA Liberty City Stories is in the same city. GTA IV is in an entirely different city. I don't care what "Videogamer" calls the brand new city, that's as bad as listening to reviewers right?

Pacific City is the exact city for two different games made 3 years apart. Maybe if Crackdown was as good as GTA it could slide, but it's not.[/QUOTE]

It has been discussed. The question should be... Did you partake in this deal? What's that you say? No?!?! Then GET THE fuck OUT!!!

Stop spewing this Same city nonsense. This is a DEAL for some people. We don't need to hear every persons lame ass excuse for not buying the game. NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!! If you wanted it, now's your chance, especially if you missed out on the Pre-Order bonuses or the 39.99 Dell deal. If not, don't let the thread door hit you where the good lord split you.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']You can't compare a launch 360 game[/QUOTE]
360 was released in 2005, Crackdown two years later.

Also I'm surprised this thread is full of nutjobs & idiots arguing with each other over pricing, milking of a franchise & reusing digital property etc. I expect this childish crap on Gametrailers or Gamefaqs, not on CAG. Don't like the sequel, stay the fuck out then.

This thread seriously needs a cleanup or locked. This is a deal discussion, not a fanboy, "not a deal", etc. discussion ffs.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']It has been discussed. The question should be... Did you partake in this deal? What's that you say? No?!?! Then GET THE fuck OUT!!!

Stop spewing this Same city nonsense. This is a DEAL for some people. We don't need to hear every persons lame ass excuse for not buying the game. NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!! If you wanted it, now's your chance, especially if you missed out on the Pre-Order bonuses or the 39.99 Dell deal. If not, don't let the thread door hit you where the good lord split you.[/QUOTE]
Are you the son of Bill Murray?

Jesus getting Amazon to refund me the ten dollar difference for a game that was out for a week before dropping ten bucks was like pulling teeth, they really resisted this one more then normal for some reason.

[quote name='poker360']Crackdown 2 is a great game. LOL @ all the haters who are missing out on of this years finest.[/QUOTE]

Kidding right? It is more like an dlc expansion with new missions and areas. A big expansion at that. If you like orb collecting for god knows how long cause single player is damn short yet again go for it.

I will not buy this game for even $30 and i see it dropping to $30 in 1-2 months if not sooner. There are a lot of people not digging this one which should help the sale price go lower. I do not even think i would buy it for $25 shipped new or used neither. I will when it hits $10-15 but that is when i can finally commit to finishing the orb junk in the 1st.

I bet they will be milking dlc on this game for missions cause man was it to short for the fun parts of the game.

[quote name='coolsteel']Jesus getting Amazon to refund me the ten dollar difference for a game that was out for a week before dropping ten bucks was like pulling teeth, they really resisted this one more then normal for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they even gave you a refund at all. They haven't been refunding price drop differences for about 2 years now.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm surprised they even gave you a refund at all. They haven't been refunding price drop differences for about 2 years now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. I had to fight like hell to get the 10 dollars I was owed for preorder guarantee price... Not to mention the dollar VG credit.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm surprised they even gave you a refund at all. They haven't been refunding price drop differences for about 2 years now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Yeah, pretty much. I had to fight like hell to get the 10 dollars I was owed for preorder guarantee price... Not to mention the dollar VG credit.[/QUOTE]

The official policy is they don't do it, you send an email it will be the first thing they say. But for the past ten times easy i've had to do this the second email always gets them to make a "one time exception" . This time it took two emails saying no before finally just calling them and have the CS rep take all of two seconds to go yeah you're right and give it to me. Would save a lot of headaches if they just said alright within 14 days or hell in this case 7.

edit: I also had to remind them on the preorder price guarantee for Crackdown 2, that normally is automatic but not this time.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Jesus Christ people -- Crackdown 2 is $10 bucks off. If that's a good price for you, go grab it. If not, then get the fuck out of this thread. There's a discussion thread for this game for a reason.[/QUOTE]

People posting quick opinions on a game in a deal thread are not uncommon. Check any game 'deal' thread on the main page. You get all kinds of "great game, well worth $x.xx," " okay game, wait until it hits $x.xx" or "spend your money on lunch instead" type posts.

Crackdown 2 is just a very divisive game, so the discussion is more heated than the norm. I loved the first, but based on all the feedback and cancelled my pre-order. I think $20 is my buy-in price.

bread's done
Back