Crackdown 2 $55.99 plus $10 credit at Amazon

hot damn.

put my order in with release date delivery ... $52.99 shipped w/ $10 credit. (Why do I have to get charged tax!!)

Very nice. I already pre-ordered this when it was $56.99 and it showed up in my Gold Box. I understand that I'll pay the lower price of $49.99 because of the pre-order price guarantee. Will I also receive the Gold Box discount on top of the $49.99 or would it just be ignored, in which case, would it be wise just to cancel the pre-order I have and wait for it to appear in my Gold Box again?

thanks op! this is a great price, first preorder in ages...

when i see prices like this, it kills me that the brick and mortar shops can't come close to some of these deals

[quote name='Guerrilla']Well, with pre-order price guarantee they'll have to change the price since it was $49.99 for 20 minutes, right?[/QUOTE]
Now thats a good question

[quote name='thetruelokre']thanks op! this is a great price, first preorder in ages...

when i see prices like this, it kills me that the brick and mortar shops can't come close to some of these deals[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if at least K-Mart has something decent for this game the way they've been going lately. Anyway, would've have jumped on it at $49.99 but now I'll wait and see what else pops up.

Damn, I would have bit at $49.99, going to hold off on the nearly full price though. I have too many games to get to still.

Is the first game even worth the $13 GS is currently charging for it? If it's what I've been assuming and it's an over-the-top sandbox game where you can spend about an hour or two doing crazy, outrageous stuff and jumping extra high then maybe...

[quote name='yarkitty123']Is the first game even worth the $13 GS is currently charging for it? If it's what I've been assuming and it's an over-the-top sandbox game where you can spend about an hour or two doing crazy, outrageous stuff and jumping extra high then maybe...

[/QUOTE]

The first Crackdown is EASILY worth $13. You can do all the things you mentioned.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Is the first game even worth the $13 GS is currently charging for it? If it's what I've been assuming and it's an over-the-top sandbox game where you can spend about an hour or two doing crazy, outrageous stuff and jumping extra high then maybe...

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. If you're going to buy used might as well try ebay or glyde. I've seen ebay ones go for sub $10. There's an excellent copy of it on glyde for under $9. Pretty good distraction at that price. Mindless fun.

[/QUOTE]

honestly, the first game is worth at least $30 at this point, i don't know if they overpressed discs for the halo 3 beta or what, but the first game sold me on the 360 and the second has me super excited.

It's really worth at least trying the first one if you are even a little curious. I know i have spent more money on less game than i did Crackdown 1.

Personally, I just want to see how this sells without a Halo beta backing it up. I was one who bought it just for the beta. Tried the game out and wasn't my cup of tea. Would I do something like that again? No way, unless it's a Metal Gear Demo inside ZoE!.

Like someone said this falls under their pre-order price guarantee. So if you already had it pre-ordered you should only be paying $49.99 now. This is the important part of their pre-order price guarantee:

"Whenever you pre-order a...video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change."

The first Crackdown was seriously awesome; I, like many others, originally bought it for the Halo 3 beta, but found myself pouring quite a few hours into Crackdown that summer. Definitely gonna pick up the new one...

I pre-ordered a while ago but I e-mailed them about the $49.99 price, just in case they want to forget that ever happened. If they go ahead and credit me at the lower price, I'll probably opt for the release date shipping.

Emailed Amazon CS. They responded in five minutes (wow...?) and said they were issuing a "one-time exception" and matching their lowest listed price of $49.99 for my preorder.

Was surprised to see it be taken care of so quickly, but hey, whatever works. ;)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Emailed Amazon CS. They responded in five minutes (wow...?) and said they were issuing a "one-time exception" and matching their lowest listed price of $49.99 for my preorder.

Was surprised to see it be taken care of so quickly, but hey, whatever works. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they're doing you a favor when it should have been standard for you to get the $50 price. All I got was a semi-canned response. I'll wait the 24 hours to see if the price has changed on my order before replying about what price I'll receive.

My order of it refuses to update. They do that, don't they? I forget what happens, if you see it on the order or just the e-mail when it gets shipped. It still says 59.99. I'll take the 55.99, at worst. E-mailed them to see what they say.

I think it depends on the rep you get. I've gotten so many "one-time exception" price fixes from Amazon it's hard to remember them all.

My experience has been that they honor the lowest price the game hits when it ships, but up until that point the price on your order will still show as whatever it was when you placed the order. Patience pays off, if you just wait then it will all work out as it should when the game ships. If they ship the game and STILL don't adjust the price, THEN you should email them.

[quote name='argyle']My experience has been that they honor the lowest price the game hits when it ships, but up until that point the price on your order will still show as whatever it was when you placed the order. Patience pays off, if you just wait then it will all work out as it should when the game ships. If they ship the game and STILL don't adjust the price, THEN you should email them.[/QUOTE]

With the quick drop to 50 and instantly back up I feel it couldn't hurt, and it didn't. They gave me the "one time exception" drop to the "current price of 49.99"(?) even though it's still 55.99 right now.

[quote name='Vortextk']With the quick drop to 50 and instantly back up I feel it couldn't hurt, and it didn't. They gave me the "one time exception" drop to the "current price of 49.99"(?) even though it's still 55.99 right now.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but usually these threads devolve into people freaking out because they don't get the same response you did. I'm just saying 99.9% of the time it's over nothing, and patience is the key. ;)

Awesome deal, now I just have to find the Amazon CS link, I POed 3JUN, so hopefully they'll match, but it's showing up at 59.99 still :(.

Edit: Got in touch with Amazon, they did the price adjust and it shows in the cart. Thanks for this OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a response e-mail from them saying when the game ships I'll be charged the lower price so it might be worth it to e-mail them if you already had it ordered.

well, since ive never had to go thru something like this with amazon as far as price changes before it ships...im gonna wait and see what happens with my order before i email

I placed an order awhile ago. I'm tempted to cancel it. Games have been dropping in price really quickly and I have so much still to play.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I emailed and they adjusted the price to $49.99. It does show the new price on my order in case anyone was wondering. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I e-mailed them, and they adjusted it almost immediately. Gotta love Amazon customer service :)

[quote name='PR Mega X']Thanks for that. I e-mailed them, and they adjusted it almost immediately. Gotta love Amazon customer service :)[/QUOTE]

Did I mention they responded to my last email in about 4 minutes? :lol:

I preordered from this site for the first time. With release day delivery and no tax it will still be cheaper than buying it from a retail chain. Plus I get a game credit to boot.

I'm pretty impressed.

Thanks for the post. Hopefully I get a response from someone that knows that they're doing. Seems to be about 50/50 for me. I've read the preorder guarantee text word for word over the phone to supervisors before who state it didn't apply to me (though that was on release date itself, for a book that shipped early)

Edit:
And I was right. The email I got back was just a quote of the Pre-order Guarantee, with no mention at all of my specific order or that they would update my price. Granted, I really don't think I've had an instance where the automated system has screwed it up, but still, it'd be nice to see it updated for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since some of you have gotten it reduced to $49.99, I emailed. This is the response I got

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Crackdown 2". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $55.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

I like Amazon, but it pissed me off that they think it's a post-order price adjustment when it's a pre-order price adjustment and they have a pre-order price guarantee. I sent a follow up email. If they don't change it, I'll cancel my order.

I envy those that have had their price adjusted. It has taken me three e-mails so far, and all I've got them to do is adjust it to the current $55.99 price tag. Usually I wouldn't care too much, but a price drop is a price drop, no matter how long it was on the website.

bread's done
Back