Crackdown 2 $55.99 plus $10 credit at Amazon

I'm done with pre-ordering, especially from amazon.com. This game will likely be on sale for 30-40 bucks within a couple of weeks of release. Games just don't stick at 59.99 anymore and they really should just adjust the retail to 49.99 for new releases. People are getting wise and waiting a bit and saving those dollars!

That really sucks for the people unable to get their price adjusted. I can't see how they can get away with that. They say pretty plainly that when you preorder from them, you get the lowest price offered between the time of the pre-order and the time the game ships. Maybe it's just misinformed CS reps? Either that or the $49.99 price was a mistake and they are trying not to take a bath on this one. I feel really lucky now, especially since I originally had ordered the game when it was $59.99

Resending a request since the CSR merely restated the terms of the pre-order price guarantee. That's nice, but I asked WHEN the price would update since it didn't do so automatically.

[quote name='graf1k']That really sucks for the people unable to get their price adjusted. I can't see how they can get away with that. They say pretty plainly that when you preorder from them, you get the lowest price offered between the time of the pre-order and the time the game ships. Maybe it's just misinformed CS reps? Either that or the $49.99 price was a mistake and they are trying not to take a bath on this one. I feel really lucky now, especially since I originally had ordered the game when it was $59.99[/QUOTE]

They're acting like we're trying to get something from them. No, I clearly read the pre-order guarantee. It's just bad business practice to do such a thing, so hopefully the fourth e-mail I send will lend me better results. If not, well it's still the cheapest around, but I may be tempted to cancel.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Resending a request since the CSR merely restated the terms of the pre-order price guarantee. That's nice, but I asked WHEN the price would update since it didn't do so automatically.[/QUOTE]

I clicked on the link in my email restating the guarantee and says my question was not answered. They responded with the adjustment.

Send something like: "I placed an order for Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) back in [month]. The price temporarily dropped to $49.99. Under the pre-order price guarantee (that is offered with this game), I should get it for this price but it is not reflected in my order."

[quote name='icedrake523']Send something like: "I placed an order for Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) back in [month]. The price temporarily dropped to $49.99. Under the pre-order price guarantee (that is offered with this game), I should get it for this price but it is not reflected in my order."[/QUOTE]

just sent off this exact email with my info and immdieatly got a response with my order being changed to $49 :)

[quote name='icedrake523']Send something like: "I placed an order for Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) back in [month]. The price temporarily dropped to $49.99. Under the pre-order price guarantee (that is offered with this game), I should get it for this price but it is not reflected in my order."[/QUOTE]

This is right. In my first few emails I wasn't specific, so a CS rep called me. He checked the system and says there was no record of the price hitting $49.99. He directed me to camelcamelcamel.com and told me to check on there and it also didnt show the $49.99 price. He said he couldn't do anything because he couldn't prove the price went that low, he said he'd have to get a computer tech to check it out.

So I just did a new email and wrote,

At 5:15pm pacific yesterday when I emailed, the price was $49.99. Then 30 minutes later the price went up again to $55.99.
I had ordered it a few months ago when it was $55 and I got a discount of $2.75 because it was in my gold box.

I am just trying to find out why my base price of $55 wasn't reduced to the $49.99 which it should of been,
according to your "pre-order price guarantee"

I got an email about 15 minutes later saying they had adjusted my price to $49.99 and then the discount came after that.

The funny thing is I had paid it all in gift cards, so for order total it said -$4.75. So I just went into payment method and changed that and it credited me the $4.75 back into my GC balance.

[quote name='Greendomo']The funny thing is I had paid it all in gift cards, so for order total it said -$4.75. So I just went into payment method and changed that and it credited me the $4.75 back into my GC balance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip there -- I had also paid in all gift cards, it was giving me a negative balance for the total. Updated the payment method, and now I've got $10.80 back to my GC balance :)

Mine got adjusted without any email, or even my knowledge before checking this thread. Looks like it must now be fixed for anyone who had it preordered already.

[quote name='Amazon']Item(s) Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.50
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $37.49
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $37.49

[/quote]

My preorder did not get adjusted to $49.99. :( I only noticed this thread a little while ago when it had already changed to $55.99, so that's probably the best I'll be able to get it adjusted to.

If you had it pre-ordered before the drop, you should get it under their price guarantee. Email them what I posted towards the bottom of the last page. Worst case scenario they keep your order as is.

Mine got adjusted (automatically?) to $49.99 with the Gold Box discount I previously had. I thought it was going to change once Crackdown 2 was released and I was charged, awesome.

I was about to shoot them an email only to find the price already updated. Sometimes I'm hard on Amazon, but it's cause of moments like this that I love em so much. Even left my Goldbox discount on it.

After four e-mails they promptly switched it to the $49.99 price point. That, plus the $10 gaming credit and Amazon Prime shipping is unreal. Love it.

Weird

In my reply from them they said "I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee."

Don't have a post-order guarantee?! That's one of their bullet points haha

Regardless, they gave me the 49.99, solid

[quote name='Xerxes']I was about to shoot them an email only to find the price already updated. Sometimes I'm hard on Amazon, but it's cause of moments like this that I love em so much. Even left my Goldbox discount on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine was adjusted with the Gold Box discount still on it. So hot. $47 plus the $10 credit. $37 effective with release date delivery is pretty hot.

[quote name='H3xum']Weird

In my reply from them they said "I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee."

Regardless, they gave me the 49.99, solid[/QUOTE]

Hah, maybe they didn't realize it was a preorder. Glad to hear you got your 49.99 in the end.

[quote name='eastx']My preorder did not get adjusted to $49.99. :( I only noticed this thread a little while ago when it had already changed to $55.99, so that's probably the best I'll be able to get it adjusted to.[/QUOTE]

might as well email them

i just emailed them today and my order was adjusted to $49 no probs

[quote name='H3xum']Weird

Regardless, they gave me the 49.99, solid[/QUOTE]

That happened to me and the CS rep just gave me $1 off since I ordered it at $56.99 and it's $55.99. They don't realize that your order is a pre-order and they offer a pre-order price guarantee. You got it anyway so that's cool.

I've had this pre-ordered since February, and Amazon reduced the price to 49.99 without any action on my part.

I think emailing them right away (rather than letting their database gradually handle it) may not have been the best course of action for some of you?

[quote name='Gourd']I've had this pre-ordered since February, and Amazon reduced the price to 49.99 without any action on my part.

I think emailing them right away (rather than letting their database gradually handle it) may not have been the best course of action for some of you?[/QUOTE]

Mine had been 59.99 since like last year, it's never updated the numerous times it dropped which is weird considering how most games will. Felt like I could probably get something like the 55.99 with a post shipping e-mail worst case scenario, but the 49.99 was such a quick drop I wanted to go for that; and I got it. Problems do still creep up sometimes.

Had to email them about my order as well. Asked for the $49.99 price and explained it, using a longer version of icedrake532's message. Hope it works.

Edit: WOW, it took Amazon 1 minute to respond to me and adjust the price to $49.99. NICE!

bread's done
Back