Crackdown 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out Now!

[quote name='Danimal']Is there some trick to jumping out of the helicopter and not getting immediately killed by the friggin' blade? I've been going after a few of the achievements that involve jumping out of the helicopter, and I swear, 9 out of 10 times I'm dead as soon as I hit Y to exit the copter. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to avoid it?[/QUOTE]Hold down the RB (to continue to gain altitude) while jumping out of it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hold down the RB (to continue to gain altitude) while jumping out of it.[/QUOTE]
I've tried this, several times actually. It's worked for me once or twice, but most of the time it's like I'm getting stuck on some side panel of the helicopter, or the landing gear or something. I'm not getting that initial separation you'd expect from jumping out while it's still ascending. I mean, the idea makes perfect sense; maybe I'm just not holding the RB down as long as I think I am.

[quote name='Trakan']Strafe to the right with the helicopter for a few seconds and then jump out.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried this. I'll give it a shot; in combination with holding down the RB, I'm thinking this should get me out safely. Thanks guys!

[quote name='Danimal']I've tried this, several times actually. It's worked for me once or twice, but most of the time it's like I'm getting stuck on some side panel of the helicopter, or the landing gear or something. I'm not getting that initial separation you'd expect from jumping out while it's still ascending. I mean, the idea makes perfect sense; maybe I'm just not holding the RB down as long as I think I am.[/QUOTE]

You know what... I don't think I ever let go of the RB button till I'm on the ground. My agent is also a level 5 in strength so I just held the B button all the way down.

No point in lollygagging right? :lol:

Hey, if someone wants to get all of the online orbs in the morning hit me up with a friend request. I have a map, theirs 42 of them, and all of my locations are pretty much thug free so I figure we can get through them all real quickly. (Especially if we just respawn close to them.)

I always aim the camera straight forward of the helicopter and never die when I jump out. Just 3 more glider rings to do but they are pretty tough.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']http://www.xbox360achievements.org/[/QUOTE]
You following me? What's the matter? Am I not allowed to discuss a 360 game in the 360 gaming section?

Remember that line you gave me about achievements not being important... well trolling my threads isn't important either. Sounds like you traded achievement whoring for thread trolling. Good upgrade. :roll:

[quote name='theredworm']finished my wingsuit rings for a cool 1000/1000[/QUOTE]

fuck, I salute you.

I only got the Jack of All Trades achievement because I completely sucked at doing the wingsuit rings... it took me multiple tries to get even one done, so doing all of them is impressive.

[quote name='animalspinners']fuck, I salute you.[/QUOTE]Ditto. I completely suck at it. I cannot even make it through all four zones from the top of the tower.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Ditto. I completely suck at it. I cannot even make it through all four zones from the top of the tower.[/QUOTE]

if you are talking about agency tower that has way more than 4 zones you just dont see them yet :)

Wingsuit Rings are frustrating but I wouldn't say they are impossible. Keep at it. Also remember that you get some time before the race expires. You can also just touch them without the wings on. For example the one at Hope Tower (Unity Heights I think?), and some that are very close to rooftops / ground floor.

Most are simply a set pattern. Down... up, Down (pass through ring), up... just don't over do it. Float to the next ring if you are near it, sometimes I went down too early and completely missed it.

the one at Hope tower I just free falled with no wings out and hit all them, then hit Y before I fell to my death, then quickly jumped out to the last ring, much easier than gliding it

I need to finish playing this so I can trade it in for Madden.

Still not Lvl 5 wingsuit ready... guess I better get it in over the weekend and finish it.

Finished the hidden orbs, and Freak Breaches today... Finished the Agility Orbs yesterday... Really hoping I can find a CAG to do the Live Orbs tomorrow morning. I have a map so it should go pretty quickly.

Looking at starting around 9 to 930 AM EST. (but I could be open for another time too.)

I'm actually enjoying the wingsuit races. The only annoying thing is that if I don't make it, I have to go get another helicopter and fly back to the top of the building.

Just got the audio logs yesterday. Only 10 agility orbs to go. Renegade orbs are assholes ._.

I hate the stunt rings that make you go through multiple rings. Me and 2 friends attatched a car to a helicopter with mags so we could just fly through them. We found out it only counts for the person in the drivers seat, so then we attatched 2 cars to the same helicopter and hilarity ensued. Didn't get any stunt rings done though.

[quote name='bs000']I'm actually enjoying the wingsuit races. The only annoying thing is that if I don't make it, I have to go get another helicopter and fly back to the top of the building.

Just got the audio logs yesterday. Only 10 agility orbs to go. Renegade orbs are assholes ._.

I hate the stunt rings that make you go through multiple rings. Me and 2 friends attatched a car to a helicopter with mags so we could just fly through them. We found out it only counts for the person in the drivers seat, so then we attatched 2 cars to the same helicopter and hilarity ensued. Didn't get any stunt rings done though.[/QUOTE]

Some of the renegade agility orbs are bullshit. I would literally touch them and they wouldn't count. Grab a helicopter and fly right above one and center yourself and then ground pound on top of it and you'll get it.

rented the game, have until Saturday, its to early right now to play for me 11:am. but i would like to have some fun with 3 other people in the pm time.

i chose the difficulty thats higher than tough (middle one) cant remember name. its proving to kick my ass. i have to take cover several times whenever i am trying to take a settlement. also i keep running around thinking i should be doing a mission, yet I'm just jumping around.

im never touching deathmatch again. after half an hour of people killing me within one second, i got fed up. infact even with x4 damage or whatever it was it still took me my entire clip just to do SOME damage while all they did was turn around and fired 2 assault bullets and i was insta dead. one guy killed me in one punch while i hit him with 2 rockets

Finally got a chance to sit around and play some games, anyone want to work on the MP achievements with me tonight? I'll be online for the next few hours doing miscellaneous stuff, shoot me a message on Live.

Fired this up for the first time yesterday, all games either need to use the same difficulty settings (easy, normal, hard) or at least show a description of how difficult it is, I had to assume Tough is normal.

So if you join someone else's game, what exactly carries over to your save file? Orbs, missions? Or does it make it so that nothing carries over except for LIVE achievements and you're only helping the host on his progress

Toy Box info:
The “Toy Box” Game Add-on is a literal free-for-all, offering all “Crackdown 2” owning fans the new Vehicle Tag mode, a Level 6 ability reward and the Keys to the City at no cost to bring the high-flying action to even greater heights. For fans who want to take things to the next level, “Toy Box” also comes with bonus content that can be purchased for 560 Microsoft Points, including 10 new Achievements, Avatar Awards and new vehicles and gadgets.
“Toy Box” offers explosive free Game Add-on content to all “Crackdown 2” owning fans:

• Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first “Crackdown” expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to “Crackdown 2” and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.
  • Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.
  • Vehicle Tag: Once you’re done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.
If that’s not enough to get your heart racing, fans can purchase additional in-game content to extend their gaming experience for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace:

• Two New Vehicles: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
  • Five New Toys: Whether you’re soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
  • Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. “Toy Box” offers two Avatar Awards to customise your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
  • 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore.
  • Eight Agent Suit Colours: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armour for your Agent.
Players who have not purchased the premium “Toy Box” content will only have access to the new vehicles and gadgets during multiplayer games if a friend who has purchased the premium content joins. Downloading “Toy Box” is not required to continue engaging in other multiplayer gameplay modes with those who have downloaded it.
An exact release date has not yet been announced, Xboxic will keep you updated.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/6543

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Toy Box info:[/QUOTE]I'm rather shocked at how excited I am about this announcement...

Yes, CD2 wasn't the most original game but its without a doubt good ole fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you meant wasn't the most original, but I agree with you. I was bummed when I read about the disappointment with the game, but I'm still having a blast. Maybe that will die down the further I get in the game (currently about 2 hours, methinks) but at the moment, I am absolutely loving jumping from rooftop to rooftop again.

[quote name='gryphter']I think you meant wasn't the most original, but I agree with you.[/quote]

No man! it was the most original game I've ever played!!! :lol:

Okay, you caught error and it has been fixed. :)

[quote name='gryphter']I was bummed when I read about the disappointment with the game, but I'm still having a blast. Maybe that will die down the further I get in the game (currently about 2 hours, methinks) but at the moment, I am absolutely loving jumping from rooftop to rooftop again.[/QUOTE]

I honestly spent like 21 hours before I got around to finishing off the story missions... Absolute blast. (Minus the renegade agility orbs.)

Honestly, I think MS would have done a better job with this game (and the reviews would have been far more positive) if they had just released it for 40 or 50 bucks. People are only complaining about the expansion pack gameplay because of its overall price.

(and I know the game was made on the 'cheap' as it was only in development for a year and a half.)

What exactly is a Freak Breach, and how do I do them? I thought it was a term used for where the beacons need to be activated but that is wrong. They show up as goopy yellow circles on the map, I went to one and found the ground unearthed but couldn't do anything

[quote name='gryphter']What exactly is a Freak Breach, and how do I do them? I thought it was a term used for where the beacons need to be activated but that is wrong. They show up as goopy yellow circles on the map, I went to one and found the ground unearthed but couldn't do anything[/QUOTE]

It has to be night time. Go to one of those yellow spots on the map at night, and a bunch of freaks start pouring out of the unsettled ground. Beat down enough of them to drop the yellow bar at the top of the screen to successfully close the breach.

[quote name='PR Mega X']It has to be night time. Go to one of those yellow spots on the map at night, and a bunch of freaks start pouring out of the unsettled ground. Beat down enough of them to drop the yellow bar at the top of the screen to successfully close the breach.[/QUOTE]

is there any reason to? other than the achivement, of course

[quote name='gryphter']is there any reason to? other than the achivement, of course[/QUOTE]

Not really, no. It's just something else to do in the game.

So the Toy Box DLC was released for this today, anyone check it out? I bought it, but apparently I was one of the lucky ones who can't boot the game after installing the update :roll:

I grabbed the toy box and now my game won't load, it seems to be the majority of the people who bought it are having it freeze on the load screen.

Bought toy box and was lucky not to run into any bugs. I've already done most of the sp achievements for it. But I don't really care about the achievements, running around with all the toy box powers is awesome!

DLC is awesome. Love the Haz Mat color, the ATV, Squad Chopper, and the damn thrusters are a game changer. After using them for an afternoon I don't see how I ever played CD2 without them.

Crackdown 2, an amazing game that just got better. Here's to hoping Deluge mode is just as awesome.

Maybe they pulled it until they fix the gamesave glitch. I downloaded the free version last night, but have yet to play it...now I'm afraid to.

According to Ruffian you should uninstall the DLC pack and then reinstall it.
If that doesn't work uninstall it until they patch it.

Will be getting Crackdown 2 2moro or Monday.
Looking for some people to game with.
Gamertag:psiguy3

Can't wait to play guys

Found a fun trick while screwing around with toy box. If you place the two parts of a launchpad very far from each other, launch yourself, and then hold down the thrusters in the middle of the flight while not pressing any direction button you will continue at the speed of the launchpad. So far it's the fastest way I've seen to traverse the world.

Also fun to stick a mag grenade to a friend and a car, then get into the car and let your friend chauffeur you around with super agility :)

[quote name='lilman']Found a fun trick while screwing around with toy box. If you place the two parts of a launchpad very far from each other, launch yourself, and then hold down the thrusters in the middle of the flight while not pressing any direction button you will continue at the speed of the launchpad. So far it's the fastest way I've seen to traverse the world.

Also fun to stick a mag grenade to a friend and a car, then get into the car and let your friend chauffeur you around with super agility :)[/QUOTE]

Try spawning a bunch of golf balls (or beach balls) and a club and connect a bunch of the balls with mags and then drop a mag on the club. You'll have your own personal parade.

New discovery. Take the Mass Projector or w/e the glorified gravity gun is called, get a car, preferably a large truck, and thrust in the air with it attached to your gun, then jump on it, look around, and you just made yourself a little plane.

DLC is fixed and back up.

The thrusters make so many of the original achievements so easy... rooftop races, renegade agility orbs, and wingsuit stunt rings for starters.

bread's done
Back