Crackdown (Xbox 360) $17.49 + shipping CompUSA.com

I bought one in store... There was a stupid guy who got caught trying to hide some copies of Crackdown. He looks stupid. He bought 2 copies of Crackdown...

[quote name='ihzer0']Alright, I asked customer service, and it's the regular edition of Viva Pinata[/QUOTE]

The Plano, TX store had some special editions available for that price.

Damn, even better deal, pm at BB for $16.52 total but with the PG rebate = grand total of $11.52! Damn I love being a CAG. :grouphug:

[quote name='pandabox']wont let me do in store pick up or delivery...wtf?[/quote]

Then you must not have a CUSA with the game in stock...obviously OOS for you.

My 2 Manhatten stores have them in stock...I might pick one up for a friend.

Anyone who's been loving BioShock should check out this game.

EDIT: whoops! I must be dyslexic or something. I thought the thread title said "Condemned".

Wow. What's wrong with me?

sorry haven't read this entire thread. However, if you're like me and all of the compusa's have closed near you (closest one now is 60 miles away), my local Best Buy price matched their ad with no problems.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone who's been loving BioShock should check out this game.[/quote]

????? You'll have to explain that one. These two games couldn't be more different than the other.

[quote name='jjz203']Damn, even better deal, pm at BB for $16.52 total but with the PG rebate = grand total of $11.52! Damn I love being a CAG. :grouphug:[/quote]

How did you pm at BB? Don't they require the actual ad? I called and they told me they won't match competitors prices online.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone who's been loving Baseball should check out Synchronized Swimming.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Where were you going with this? I'm not in total disagreement as I happen to enjoy the two games, but for completely different reasons... I guess there could be some latent connections between physically upgrading your body, and firing projectiles, but the comparisons stop there.

Yay! I got Sears pricematch it for $15.XX after taxes. Also, pickup Project Gotham Racing 3 for $10.76 after taxes at CC with $10 off coupon. :)

[quote name='Gooter']sorry haven't read this entire thread. However, if you're like me and all of the compusa's have closed near you (closest one now is 60 miles away), my local Best Buy price matched their ad with no problems.[/quote]
I would love to find out how you did this, it must have been a fluke. My BB says that the store must be local and have it in stock to PM. I called and BB.com will not price match any online competitor. Oh well, sucks to be me :cry: .

Yeah would you guys please reply, did you end up printing off the page and bringing it in or is there physical compusa ad that shows the deal I can bring in?

Crackdown isn't the only thing on sale. I just got back from CompUSA, and in addition to Crackdown, I got Gears of War for $37.49. I also had them scan NFS: Most Wanted ($22.49) and Fight Night Round 3 Platinum Hits ($22.49).

The games scanned at regular price until the cashier totalled the transaction. The original price was $34.99 for Crackdown and $49.99 for GoW, and the screen showed a discount of $17.50 and $12.50 when the transaction was totalled. YMMV on GoW and the other two games until somebody else can confirm it, of course.

Edit: GoW is still $49.99 on the website, so it's a definite YMMV on that.

Hmm alright, every store I've called told me no they won't accept online ads, however I was talking to customer service reps. Maybe if I run into a cashier who doesn't know any better they'll let me.

Closest CompUSA is 26 miles from me, not only that but apparently it's not available at that location. Sucks. Probably would end up making up the discount in gas money anyway.

[quote name='creeeaature']Hmm alright, every store I've called told me no they won't accept online ads, however I was talking to customer service reps. Maybe if I run into a cashier who doesn't know any better they'll let me.[/quote]

I once got BB to PM Fear 360 for 7.49 on KMart's site, but at that and most BBs you HAVE to go to customer service for a PM and it will require a manager's approval and there HAS to be a B&M nearby and it HAS to be in stock either at the B&M or online. All CCs told me they only PMed their own site. I'm going to try Sears since everybody seems to have success there and they automatically knock off the extra 10% for PMs instead only for PAs. Plus, if they truly do PM sites without a local B&M it is all for the better since the closest CUSA to ATL is Knoxville, TN.

So do I have to buy it online for in store pick up 1st?

Can't I just go down there and buy it off the actual shelf for that price?
Or is the price like net only?

Oh well, might as well buy it online 1st anyway, lol

Just got back from CompUsa. They have a ton of games in a bin, but most of them have the original prices. I had to have them price checked in order to figure out what I wanted.

However on top of the bin was a sign, 25% off of all clearance games when you buy two or more. Not sure if this is just local. It said for 3 days only and ends tomorrow.

My haul (confirming some prices from above)

360 Prey - $25.18
360 Gears of War - $37.49
360 Viva Pinata - $12.74
360 Project Gotham Racing - $12.74
360 Crackdown - $17.49

Now I just need to decide which ones I want to keep. Any thoughts?

[quote name='daminion']My haul (confirming some prices from above)

360 Prey - $25.18
360 Viva Pinata - $12.74
360 Crackdown - $17.49

Now I just need to decide which ones I want to keep. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Almost all of them (besides Gears) have a demo up on XBL.

Download them and keep the ones you like the most.

I'm planning on buying Viva Pinata. The demo hooked me.

[quote name='daminion']Just got back from CompUsa. They have a ton of games in a bin, but most of them have the original prices. I had to have them price checked in order to figure out what I wanted.

However on top of the bin was a sign, 25% off of all clearance games when you buy two or more. Not sure if this is just local. It said for 3 days only and ends tomorrow.

My haul (confirming some prices from above)

360 Prey - $25.18
360 Viva Pinata - $12.74
360 Crackdown - $17.49

Now I just need to decide which ones I want to keep. Any thoughts?[/quote]

I'd keep em all, but you might find Prey CE at TRU for $9. Or I think KMart has it cheaper. Check the Kmart thread. Great game even at that price, but why pay more?

[quote name='Sporadic']Almost all of them (besides Gears) have a demo up on XBL.

Download them and keep the ones you like the most.

I'm planning on buying Viva Pinata. The demo hooked me.[/quote]

Would be a great idea if I actually had a 360 :) I'm buying now in anticipation of my future purchase.

[quote name='daminion']Would be a great idea if I actually had a 360 :) I'm buying now in anticipation of my future purchase.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. I just assumed since you had a gamertag listed.

- Prey is a good FPS, you should be able to find it for cheaper though.
- Gears Of War is a favorite for most people but I really didn't like the cover system/third person. You should probably keep it.
- Viva Pinata, I loved the demo, feels like a better Harvest Moon.
- Project Gotham, you should probably just wait for 4 to come out. I think it's releasing in October.
- Crackdown, it's fun but it gets old after awhile. I say dump it and grab Saint's Row instead.

[quote name='daminion']Would be a great idea if I actually had a 360 :) I'm buying now in anticipation of my future purchase.[/quote]

I'm doing the same! :lol:

I was late for shipping and the closest Compusa is 74 miles away, bah. I guess on saturday I might go to sears unless someone wants to get me crackdown and I'll pay them back

Thanks OP! :D
Been waiting for Crackdown to hit $30 or less, stopped on my way home and grabbed a copy.
The Compusa in WDM, IA had 6 or 7 copies still, if theres any other CAG'ers in the area wondering.

bah, missed the shipping :(

lame.

ah well, I'm sure I'll find it cheap again soon enough. won't pick it up again for more than twenty though. sold it for more than that :D w00t

Even with no CUSA nearby and the website sold out for delivery, Sears was a breeze to PM. They just check the site from a link on their PC and confirm the item's price and it was done. The guy even asked if I wanted to buy the second copy they had which I picked up for a buddy. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it yet, if he does I'll probably put it up for trade. Plus, you get the extra 10% off at purchase as opposed to buy and adjust like BB.

Any chance of crackdown coming back in stock on compusa.com's site before the end of the sale? I know anything is possible, but do they run things kinda like amazon where stuff goes out/in of stock several times (and even daily at times)?

[quote name='autche']Any chance of crackdown coming back in stock on compusa.com's site before the end of the sale? I know anything is possible, but do they run things kinda like amazon where stuff goes out/in of stock several times (and even daily at times)?[/quote]
I was wondering the same thing. In fact I called the 1-800-COMPUSA number and the lady said to check back Sunday and they may have more in (but she really sounded like she just wanted to get me off the phone). I'll just keep my eyes pealed.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I was wondering the same thing. In fact I called the 1-800-COMPUSA number and the lady said to check back Sunday and they may have more in (but she really sounded like she just wanted to get me off the phone). I'll just keep my eyes pealed.[/quote]

The low $17.xx price is actually due to an instant rebate that takes about 50% off of the normal price of $34.99. That rebate is set to expire on Saturday 8/25/07, so even if they got some more copies in on Sunday it might actually be too late to get the cheaper price.

Did anyone else buy online with in-store pick up? They swear to me even though it sure looked like I bought it online, I actually had to ring it up in-store. I seriously hope I didn't pay for it twice.

bread's done
Back