Crackdown Xbox 360 (Asia ver) $29.90 @ Play-Asia

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']aaah if only it came with the beta of halo 3.[/QUOTE]
The description of the item says that it does come with the beta invite.

I bought one of these while in Hong Kong and it does come with the Halo 3 beta. The only downside is the ugly ass cover art?

[quote name='OGHowie']I bought one of these while in Hong Kong and it does come with the Halo 3 beta. The only downside is the ugly ass cover art?[/QUOTE]
I think I prefer the more anime style art, though it is kinda ugly.

Plus you get the awesome Riot Act cover art! A win-win situation all around!

EDIT: ah, I see. It's only Riot Act in Japan.

Good price! I traded a buddy for this a couple weeks back, but if I hadn't I would totally pick it up here for 29.90.

Gears of War (should still be) 44.90 for the Asia version, which I can personally confirm works just the same as the US version in my 360.

[quote name='bjscott05']Can you play online with players that play the US version?[/quote]

yeah thats what i was wondering

Yes, it works with XBL for the US. It's all in the compatibility link in the OP, but updated with this info anyways.

[quote name='bjscott05']Can you play online with players that play the US version?[/QUOTE]
This is Xbox Live, not Playstation Network.

In other words: yes. And why wouldn't you be able to?

My credit card won't work with a site in Hong Kong. Anybody know of a way around this? Can't use paypal either because the product is in Hong Kong. AHHHHH. Good deal!

pa.70663.1.jpg

The box art is awesome. If i were a collector i'd buy it.

[quote name='Cursor']My credit card won't work with a site in Hong Kong. Anybody know of a way around this? Can't use paypal either because the product is in Hong Kong. AHHHHH. Good deal![/quote]

I don't see why you cannot use paypal. I use it all the time with play-asia.
As for the credit card, you simply need to notify them that you are buying from that particular website, and it should go through with no problems.

[quote name='bo0']
pa.70663.1.jpg

The box art is awesome. If i were a collector i'd buy it.[/QUOTE]

We must have different tastes.

Box art isn't good to me either. I also have a problem with buying these region-free games because I can't resell them back to EBStop (which I do once a year or so when they have the extra 50% on trade-in deal).

[quote name='jhaymond1']Box art isn't good to me either. I also have a problem with buying these region-free games because I can't resell them back to EBStop (which I do once a year or so when they have the extra 50% on trade-in deal).[/quote]
Agreed. I really only want it for the Halo 3 beta and even if I enjoyed Crackdown for a few months and decided to get rid of it, I'd imagine it would be hard to trade it even on CAG since it isn't the US version.

[quote name='bo0']The box art is awesome. If i were a collector i'd buy it.[/quote]

I think it's one of the most abominable case arts I've seen. :p

[quote name='jhaymond1']Box art isn't good to me either. I also have a problem with buying these region-free games because I can't resell them back to EBStop (which I do once a year or so when they have the extra 50% on trade-in deal).[/quote]

if you buy it now then sell it back to EB, you will get at most 30 bucks anyway, so it cancels out.

Yeap without the Halo 3 beta i can see the prices of this game falling that fast in the US as soon as it finishes. The game is great but very little replay value.

[quote name='hhhdx4']if you buy it now then sell it back to EB, you will get at most 30 bucks anyway, so it cancels out.[/QUOTE]

I think they have different UPCs so I'm not so sure the stores will take it. The Chinese on the front and back of the game don't help either.

You'll most likely have to eBay this game once the Beta is over.

So yeah Japanese voices :)?

But yeah, great fun game. I sold my copy after I beat it for 47 or so. Not a bad deal. I always intended to pick it up later after more DLC was released and it got much cheaper.

[quote name='OGHowie']I think they have different UPCs so I'm not so sure the stores will take it. The Chinese on the front and back of the game don't help either.

You'll most likely have to eBay this game once the Beta is over.[/quote]

I know, he said he cant trade it in to EB because of it. to which i responded if he got a version he could trade in (which costs $60) that it would cancel out if he jsut bought this version.

[quote name='OGHowie']I think they have different UPCs so I'm not so sure the stores will take it. The Chinese on the front and back of the game don't help either.

You'll most likely have to eBay this game once the Beta is over.[/QUOTE]

What does the disc look like? Could you just trade it in disc only?

I thinking of getting this...I live in Idaho, roughly how long will it take for me to recieve the game? Not worth it to me if it won't get here in time for Halo beta (day 1). Thanks ahead of time for any info.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I know, he said he cant trade it in to EB because of it. to which i responded if he got a version he could trade in (which costs $60) that it would cancel out if he jsut bought this version.[/quote]

I have bought many games from play asia and have had no issues trading them in to the evil empire gs

[quote name='insano']I thinking of getting this...I live in Idaho, roughly how long will it take for me to recieve the game? Not worth it to me if it won't get here in time for Halo beta (day 1). Thanks ahead of time for any info.[/quote]

It only takes about a week, sad when gameznflix.com can take longer.........

I'm thinking about jumping the gun for this. $33 shipped is a lot better than the $45 eBay is asking. Anyone know if this region-free disc (or any other region-free game for that matter) looks similar to the NTSC version? I'd like a smooth as possible transaction with GS when I go to trade this in after the Halo 3 beta and was going to do a disc-only trade since the cover art raises too much of a red flag.

Can anyone confirm that this has only Japanese voices/text? Its a great price but If I can't read my objectives, I cant really play it. I could use an FAQ but that would be really inconvinient.

[quote name='Cursor']My credit card won't work with a site in Hong Kong. Anybody know of a way around this? Can't use paypal either because the product is in Hong Kong. AHHHHH. Good deal![/quote]

you will have to contact your credit card company, most companys don't let you purchase stuff outside of the US because they think that your card was stolen. You will have to give them a call.

[quote name='BiggNife']Can anyone confirm that this has only Japanese voices/text? Its a great price but If I can't read my objectives, I cant really play it. I could use an FAQ but that would be really inconvinient.[/quote]

From the site:

Release Date Feb 22, 2007 Language English Genre Action Version Asia Catalog No. Q12-00015 Item Code 882224260725 Players 1-2
But I'd also like to know from someone who bought it from playasia if the in-game text and voice are all in English.

[quote name='aerotive']From the site:

Release Date Feb 22, 2007 Language English Genre Action Version Asia Catalog No. Q12-00015 Item Code 882224260725 Players 1-2
But I'd also like to know from someone who bought it from playasia if the in-game text and voice are all in English.[/QUOTE]
That is promising but I'm not going to believe it until someone confirms.

Disc has lots of chinese characters on it so it's gonna be hard to trade it in without them noticing so it will be YMMV.

However, the game works exactly the same as a USA/NTSC Crackdown. I used to have the USA version but sold it. My previous saved game worked perfectly and so did the update. You do not have to change the language or anything because I assume it detects the language of the system. Text and voice are all in english.

Order the game and I'll see you guys during the Halo 3 beta. :)

[quote name='OGHowie']Disc has lots of chinese characters on it so it's gonna be hard to trade it in without them noticing so it will be YMMV.

However, the game works exactly the same as a USA/NTSC Crackdown. I used to have the USA version but sold it. My previous saved game worked perfectly and so did the update. You do not have to change the language or anything because I assume it detects the language of the system. Text and voice are all in english.

Order the game and I'll see you guys during the Halo 3 beta. :)[/quote]
Guess I'm gonna have to score a US release off eBay (since I'm dumping it after the Halo 3 beta). Thanks for the info man.

[quote name='PyroGamer']This is Xbox Live, not Playstation Network.

In other words: yes. And why wouldn't you be able to?[/quote]

actually you can play online with other countries on PSN. I played with people from spain and france on Fight Night round 3. :D

bread's done
Back