Craigs List Console Bundle Advice

HomieGFunk03

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I'm looking at bundle on craigs list that includes the old 20GB "Go Pro" bundle (Console, 2 Wireless controllers, and Component cables) with a wireless adapter and Madden 10 all for $250. The guy doesn't seem to be shady and I would have pulled the trigger if not for the hard drive size. I'm just looking for a bit o' guidance from some fellow cheap asses. If I subtract the value of the extra controller, game, and wireless adapter it's a $90 dollar xbox 360. I would just kick myself if a sick bundle is just around the corner.

In all honesty, I just don't see this as a good deal for you.

Elites are 299.99 (no second controller, madden or wireless adapter) with this price drop. The Elite bundle at TRU also comes with Halo 3 and Fable 2 (free shipping too).

With a used bundle, you are running a high risk of 1) a RRoD system fixed with a towel/blanket, 2) a heavily used system that hasn't joined the failed system club YET. You are essentially paying a premium for a high risk system, not to mention the wireless adapters have a pretty bad failure rate as well :/ If you could talk him down to 170, then maybe... but there's no reason for you to take all the risk in the transaction for something that isn't even for everything you want (bigger HD).

Yeah I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get one of the new elites. Here's hoping this jasper chip is more consistent and I find a way to fill 120gbs.

Just be careful to check for a Jasper if that's really what you want. i think the Fable/Halo combos are still the older chipsets (I know I got an older one, but I knew what I was getting).

bread's done
Back