[craigslist] 60gb dillema?

ahbaker

CAG Veteran
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum, I did my best to find the right one.

Basically, I have two separate sellers, both come off pretty reputable and willing to let me demo it at a Gamestop. (Hopefully they let us)

-One claims his PS3 is in pretty good condition. No pics, for $250.
-The second is claiming to have the PS3 in "mint condition" with Call of Duty 4 and a lot of games saved on the HD. He can provide pics. $325

The games aren't really a selling point to me, it's the cosmetic condition of the system that stands out as my preference for whatever reason. But is $75 a premium worth paying? Or should I just jump on the first for $250.

Thanks in advance for any help. :D

I just got one on ebay for $250 with HDMI, Street Fighter 4, and an extra controller, and free shipping. While I was bidding I saw some go for 198-250. All 60gb's. You can find them for a steal lately.

:lol: I was actually watching that one. The only problem ebaying such a heavy item for me is the shipping; and even if it's free, you probably won't get it for 2 weeks. So it's almost better to do a pick-up.

Of course, meeting strangers and paying with cash isn't something I look forward too trying my luck with, either.

[quote name='ahbaker']
-The second is claiming to have the PS3 in "mint condition" with Call of Duty 4 and a lot of games saved on the HD. He can provide pics. $325
[/QUOTE]

you mean like game saves or actual games? is it modded??

anyway, i say you go with the cheaper one. 75 dollars is alot of money just for game saves (that's what i'll assume you meant)

[quote name='riddler']you mean like game saves or actual games? is it modded??

anyway, i say you go with the cheaper one. 75 dollars is alot of money just for game saves (that's what i'll assume you meant)[/QUOTE]

From the way it was stated, I'd say it's games saved on the hard drive. But I'd ask to clarify from the seller that they are infact games that are saved on the hard drive and not saves for games that are saved on the hard drive.

That was fun.

[quote name='Paco']From the way it was stated, I'd say it's games saved on the hard drive. But I'd ask to clarify from the seller that they are infact games that are saved on the hard drive and not saves for games that are saved on the hard drive.

That was fun.[/QUOTE]

Its probably PSN games. I got my 60gb on ebay, free shipping, arrived in 3 days UPS. I than turned around and sold my 80gb. I put it on craigslist to avoid having to ship it myself. after soem super low ball offers I put it on ebay, the day before it ended someone came to pick it up for $200. I was still able to cancel the auction and all went well. I prefer buying on ebay for the protection and better deals but some of the people offering me so little actually snagged one for that from other saps. Its up to you. I don't like parking lot hand offs with craigslist. They guy came to my house and I showed him it worked. I also don't like people knowing where I live. Its kind of a lose lose situation. Either hope the shit is good when buying or let the buyer know where you live.

Unless the second seller is dumb, he will deactivate his account on that PS3 before selling it to you, so all of those PSN games will not work when you create an account. So I wouldn't factor that into the equation.

[quote name='jling84']Unless the second seller is dumb, he will deactivate his account on that PS3 before selling it to you, so all of those PSN games will not work when you create an account. So I wouldn't factor that into the equation.[/QUOTE]

That sums it up. Although, see both. If the cheaper one is in as good or better condition than the "mint" one, then buy the cheaper one. Don't let those games be a factor for obvious reasons. I know what you mean about wanting a clean system, though. I'm incredibly picky with cosmetic appearance. Take a look at the used section at Gamestop as a great example of why to be careful.

bread's done
Back