Craigslist nonsense

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So I am trying to sell a pair of brand new dualshock 3's on craigslist and I responded to this one lady's e-mail. She has since sent me, no lie, over 20 e-mails asking about the goddamn controllers. It's $40 for the set and she is seriously riding my ass about these things. They have been sitting unused for a year and I am afraid that if for whatever reason one doesn't work she is going to hound me to the ends of the earth.

Should I sell to this psycho or should I duck her? I'll let CAG decide!

if you have a bad feeling about it, dont do it.
go with your gut.
that is always the way i feel about craigslist.
too many psychos and a-holes out there.

Just kindly ask her to tone it down and consolidate any questions or concerns she has into one single e-mail. If you are nice about it, I don't see a problem.

I've done similarly with people and once they realized I was irritated, they stopped because they were interested in the item and new it was in jeopardy if they didn't.

After the third e-mail I sent her one e-mail back and told her I am unexpectedly busy during meetup hours and I would contact her again when I am good to go. Then the deluge came pouring in.

I think I am going to walk on this one. It's not worth the hassle for such a small amount of cash.

[quote name='cochesecochese']After the third e-mail I sent her one e-mail back and told her I am unexpectedly busy during meetup hours and I would contact her again when I am good to go. Then the deluge came pouring in.

I think I am going to walk on this one. It's not worth the hassle for such a small amount of cash.[/QUOTE]

are there any good, quotable emails you could share with us? ;)

Nah, nothing outstanding. Plus I wouldn't really feel comfortable posting up someone's e-mails that were meant to be private.

Basically just every 3-4 hours 'hey are we still on for those controllers? i really want them'

[quote name='cochesecochese']I sent her one e-mail back and told her I am unexpectedly busy during meetup hours and I would contact her again when I am good to go.[/QUOTE]

There's your problem right there.

No one likes to be dangled on a string like that. If someone can't schedule an approximate day/time to meet as soon as the deal is agreed upon, then it's a dealbreaker for me.

Chances are she needed them rather soonish as either a gift/present or to accommodate having company over in the near future. Craigslist is all about immediate turnaround, not "don't call me, I'll call you".

bread's done
Back