Craigslist RPG find

baberg

CAGiversary!
I got lucky this week on Craigslist. Saw a guy advertising old PS1 games for $5, or 3 for $10. I offered and paid $50 for the lot. Just made the exchange, and here's what I got:

Command and Conquer
Tekken 2
Resident Evil 2
Chrono Cross
Kartia: The Word of Fate
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden

All complete. All mint/near mint. All Black Label, except Chrono Cross.

I'm so stoked :lol:

You paid more than what he was willing to sell it for (Looks like you could've gotten them all for $30), but in the end it's still a good deal. :applause:

[quote name='Warner1281']You paid more than what he was willing to sell it for (Looks like you could've gotten them all for $30), but in the end it's still a good deal. :applause:[/quote]I realize that, but after losing a few similar buys on Craigslist recently I stopped trying to lowball when I knew the collection was worth much more than the asking price. There are too many other CAG/collectors in my area who know the value of these things to get an unbelievable deal. A $20 fee for those games is about right I think, especially with the quality of the games I got.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

How come I only see crap like a Xbox with 10 games for $150. It might be a good deal but the games turn out to be sports games from 2000/2001.

Excellent find OP.

[quote name='Vinny']How come I only see crap like a Xbox with 10 games for $150. It might be a good deal but the games turn out to be sports games from 2000/2001.

Excellent find OP.[/quote]

You just have to keep up on craigslist, checking it a couple times a day at least (or much more in larger cities), because deals like this are gone QUICK, and often if you delay or find the ad too late it's already long gone and the ad often deleted. You never know what you've missed.

I always email quickly and then make the effort to drive out there when I can fit it into the schedule, with the cash in hand ASAP if it is a very good deal.

I've passed on a lot of great listings because it's simply too far to be worthwhile.

But I've scored tons of deals on NES, SNES, Genesis, GB/GBC/GBA/DS, PS1/2/3 because I jumped on them quickly.

[quote name='baberg']I got lucky this week on Craigslist. Saw a guy advertising old PS1 games for $5, or 3 for $10. I offered and paid $50 for the lot. Just made the exchange, and here's what I got:

Command and Conquer
Tekken 2
Resident Evil 2
Chrono Cross
Kartia: The Word of Fate
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden

All complete. All mint/near mint. All Black Label, except Chrono Cross.

I'm so stoked :lol:[/QUOTE]

nice grab. you got to be careful though when you get a hell of a deal cause it could be ripped off.

few years back i picked up

Sega saturn system with around 10 games mostly junk
Sega gensis system with 20 games almost all junk
Sega 32x system with 5 games
sega cd system old load out try

for 30 bucks

dude meet me at a local mcondalds first they wanted 75 bucks for the lot bu when i said I couldnt tell if the items were broke and didnt want to risk 75 bucks (first we said 50 to 60) and that didnt een include the dreamcast system or half the games (he said he found them when he was leaving)

he goes

Give me 25 bucks for the box and 5 for gas and its all yours

there was a local game trader place 4 buldings down that would of gave them over 200 bucks for it if they wanted 20 mins later.

i took the sega cd and sold it on ebay for 150 alone (since the dude did BIN i tossed in the gensis system for free (since the cd was only grabbing around 100 in auction mode)

sold 32x and all the games for around another 200 bucks so i made around 350 bucks and had a nice saturn system

bread's done
Back