Crash Nitro Kart!!! Xbox 19.99, ps2 19.99

[quote name='stocker08']i dont know if this has been posted or anything yet but Ebgames.com has Crash Nitro kart for 19.99 on Xbox NEW! Not for the other systems but Gamestop has it New for PS2 for 19.99. Its backordered unfortunatly.

Heres the link to it!
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/234012.asp

i hope someone finds this helpful :) P.S. The used price is 29.99 so it must be on sale or something![/quote]

Grrr no GameCube love!

im not sure. i want it for GC too, i might have to settle for the ps2 version. i loved the first one so i will pick this one up too :)

Well honestly... just shell out the extra money and get Mario Kart. Just a pure better game. It sold some what on the other systems, heck even on the gamecube but not too much. It just looked so dated. Maybe if it were on Xbox Live or Sony Online it would have been different.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Well honestly... just shell out the extra money and get Mario Kart. Just a pure better game. It sold some what on the other systems, heck even on the gamecube but not too much. It just looked so dated. Maybe if it were on Xbox Live or Sony Online it would have been different.[/quote]

I've got Mario Kart, now I want this. Mario Kart is likey a better game but this is good too.

It's currently back to $30. Doh! I was hoping this was a new universal price point. Actually still seems to be $20, see below.

EDIT - When you search for the game it lists as $20 in the search results, but when you look at the main page for the game (by clicking on stocker's link for example) it has a $30 price on that page. But most importantly when you add it to your cart it shows up as $20.

SSX 3 does the same thing ($15 - $20)

Very strange.

I'm really considering picking this up, as I love the Mario Kart series and loved Diddy Kong Racing on the N64, too. I never played the original CTR, though. Is this worth the $20? Any opinions?

[quote name='stocker08']the origional CTR was freaking awesome. that was like my favorite game for the ps1![/quote]

Damn straight. I've played the new Nitro Kart and it is a complete piece of garbage. The level design is atrocious, the control is lousy, and the carts feel like they're going 5 mph. Skip it and buy CTR for PS1 instead. You'll be much happier with a playable game. CTR was amazing...it rivaled Mario Kart 64.

EDIT: Check some reviews...

CTR on PS1: http://psx.ign.com/articles/161/161595p1.html

CNK on PS2: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/440/440263p1.html

PS1 CTR was a great cart game, very fun four-player as well. I like it better than Mario Kart, the levels were a lot more creative and deep.

The main difference was that Naughty Dog made the original CTR... they didn't work on this one. Maybe eventually they will work on one for Sony combining all sorts of characters from Sony games. Maybe a Jak, R&C, Spyro Kart Racer?

Don't know what was up when I posted earlier, but it's showing up as $20 for me even when I click through with stocker's direct link. Must have been a very temporary glitch that hit right when I first checked.

I'm dissapointed to hear that it doesn't improve on CTR. Seems like the Xbox is lacking a decent kart racer, as well as a decent puzzler.

There was a kart game on Xbox called "Furious Karting" but I heard it sucked. I mean, it would be great if they did it right and Naughty Dog seemed to be the closes to Nintendo's own Mario Kart. I mean the game is pretty simple but these guys can't do it right in CNK.

I wish there were more kart racing games available. I absolutely loved the whole kart/adventure thing with Diddy Kong Racing, it's too bad Donkey Kong Racing was thrown out. The only recent ones that come to mind are Crash Nitro Kart and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I suppose there are also a few semi-kart racers on the PS2 such as Star Wars: Bombad Racing (or whatever), but... ahh... Bad game....

bread's done
Back