Crazy Taxi out now on PSN

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Let's go make some crazy money!

Awesome game; feels just right with online leader boards and trophies. Kinda disappointing that they needed to take out in game ads and the music, but all in all a solid port.

Is the game true wide screen or has it been stretched? I know the menu screen just been stretched...but not sure about the in game graphics.

Trophies are fun to get for this game...but be warned getting S license doesn't automatically mean you get the rest of the trophies for the other lower licenses.

Does this game support wheels? Or else I'll still be happy with my Dreamcast version.

[quote name='laaj']Does this game support wheels? Or else I'll still be happy with my Dreamcast version.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I don't have a steering wheel to test it out on. However, don't most racing and/or other games that mainly features a car support steering wheel?

I'm not really complaining about the lack of original music... there was only like four songs total, and it got really annoying after a while. That said, the issue DOES concern me in regards to their other DC games that might be getting the PSN treatment... I don't think Jet Grind Radio will be the same without the original soundtrack.

Hopefully we'll start getting around to some of the B-List DC games eventually (maybe Shenmue, JGR, Skies of Arcadia, and those other semi-hits... I'm not gonna hold my breath on stuff like D2 or Floigan Bros) I know Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi were some of the big launch titles, but they really haven't aged well... Sonic Adventure is just bleh, and Crazy Taxi is too "cheap-arcadey." Hopefully they'll increase the amount of releases over time too, personally I'd rather have a large library rather than a slow crawl of partially-updated games with trophy support and such.

Definitely picking this up sometime. I loved Crazy Taxi. They didn't add anything else, did they (aside from the leaderboards and trophies)?

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I don't think Jet Grind Radio will be the same without the original soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd be happy if they also ported JSRF from Xbox to the PSN, since it's so much better than the original. (The only game I was seriously jealous that Xbox had that wasn't on PS2.)

Hopefully we'll start getting around to some of the B-List DC games eventually (maybe Shenmue, JGR, Skies of Arcadia, and those other semi-hits... I'm not gonna hold my breath on stuff like D2 or Floigan Bros) I know Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi were some of the big launch titles, but they really haven't aged well...
Some of those you listed could be argued as being better than B-List, heh. :lol:

Shenmue and Skies most definitely, JGR is debatable since some people love it (me) and others don't have much love for it. Also 3rd party DC games seem unlikely at the moment. D2, good luck with that, with being a 4 GD-Rom release as well, the chances of that being ported due to size, being a good revenue generator for Sega and most importantly interest from fans (which there isn't much outside of the hardcore fans) doesn't seem likely to happen. It isn't one of those games I see on DC top ten lists very often.

Games that might appear (1st party is most likely)

Powerstone 1 & 2 (PSP version might dissuade release)
Rez (it's already on XBL, so it's a no brainer for PSN)
Ikaruga (won't list any more shmups, since they're not everyone's cup of tea)
Crazy Taxi 2
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter 3 (any version)
Sonic Adventure 2
Rival Schools
Dead or Alive 2
Record of Lodoss War (one of the most addictive DC games for me)
Shenmue 2
Segagaga (I wish ;))

While not an exhaustive listing, I tried to pick the most universally accepted and fun games that most people (and I) agree on, and ones with the most potential to be ported and that would sell.

Hopefully they'll increase the amount of releases over time too, personally I'd rather have a large library rather than a slow crawl of partially-updated games with trophy support and such.
I'd be surprised if they pick up steam with releases it seems highly unlikely, unless they've been selling like hotcakes and Sega smells easy money.

[quote name='uncle5555']Agreed. I'd be happy if they also ported JSRF from Xbox to the PSN, since it's so much better than the original. (The only game I was seriously jealous that Xbox had that wasn't on PS2.)

Some of those you listed could be argued as being better than B-List, heh. :lol:

Shenmue and Skies most definitely, JGR is debatable since some people love it (me) and others don't have much love for it. Also 3rd party DC games seem unlikely at the moment. D2, good luck with that, with being a 4 GD-Rom release as well, the chances of that being ported due to size, being a good revenue generator for Sega and most importantly interest from fans (which there isn't much outside of the hardcore fans) doesn't seem likely to happen. It isn't one of those games I see on DC top ten lists very often.

Games that might appear (1st party is most likely)

Powerstone 1 & 2 (PSP version might dissuade release)
Rez (it's already on XBL, so it's a no brainer for PSN)
Ikaruga (won't list any more shmups, since they're not everyone's cup of tea)
Crazy Taxi 2
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter 3 (any version)
Sonic Adventure 2
Rival Schools
Dead or Alive 2
Record of Lodoss War (one of the most addictive DC games for me)
Shenmue 2
Segagaga (I wish ;))

While not an exhaustive listing, I tried to pick the most universally accepted and fun games that most people (and I) agree on, and ones with the most potential to be ported and that would sell.

I'd be surprised if they pick up steam with releases it seems highly unlikely, unless they've been selling like hotcakes and Sega smells easy money.[/QUOTE]

With how LAZY Sega is with these releases, it wouldn't surprise me that they're making money. Look at Crazy Taxi's leaderboard. only 250 people rated it, but it has near 12,000 unique users on the scoreboards. So people are buying it.

[quote name='Paco']With how LAZY Sega is with these releases, it wouldn't surprise me that they're making money. Look at Crazy Taxi's leaderboard. only 250 people rated it, but it has near 12,000 unique users on the scoreboards. So people are buying it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sega is making any money with only 12,000 sales. If one of the best Dreamcast game ever doesn't make any profit, I doubt Sega will keep porting DC games.

[quote name='laaj']I don't think Sega is making any money with only 12,000 sales. If one of the best Dreamcast game ever doesn't make any profit, I doubt Sega will keep porting DC games.[/QUOTE]

Again, you overestimate what is required. The port is relatively straight forward since the ports we got so far are actually PC ports of the dreamcast games. Even a healthy 20-30k between both systems would be profitable enough for a straight port. Plus the fact that they aren't licensing the original locations or voice actors or music cuts the costs immensely. They aren't breaking bank with it, but they are profiting enough from them to make it worth their while. Otherwise why continue?

Plus figure there's a lot of essentially offline users. Wouldn't be surprised if it was around 20,000-40,000 total on PSN already.

I'm ranked 18th out of the nearly 14,000k in there. Gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong though.

[quote name='commanderxp90']Would PSN release the Jet Ski Gratiffic out like XBOX game? I really don't know what game name was.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking about Jet Set Radio on dreamcast. The Xbox sequel was Jet Set Radio Future. That one is possible, but music will have to be cut due to the use of Dragula and Jurassic 5.

bread's done
Back