crazy ymmv houston blockbuster deal

Abdullah2

CAGiversary!
ok check it out , the blockbuster on eldridge and briar forest has this deal, where they are selling like new games without boxes for 9.99 each , coupled w/ buy 2 get 1 free for major savings. i picked up gt4 *2, san andreas, halo 2, nfsu2,mercenaries,street3, def jam ny,jak3 for a total of 60$ plus tax (not a single scratch), and theres 3 full shelves left for yall ;) im guessing a store went out of business

This is a pretty common occurence at a lot of Blockbuster/GameRush's. Stores will sometimes get a large shipment of used disc only games which they then sell uniformly for the $9.99 price. It's not a bad deal if you don't mind just getting the discs.

[quote name='H-Town Info']how many of the good games are still left? i might check it out since i'm going to be in the galleria area today[/QUOTE]

i went last night before they closed and they had maybe 200 games left (mostly recent ones) , and this store is like 30 minutes from the galleria to the west

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Would you be willing to pick me up a Halo 2? I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for your troubles.[/QUOTE]

ok, ill go see what else they got, i got high last night so i didnt realise the immense savings of this deal, this store is within walking distance of my house too if anyone is up for a game of street

That blockbuster is about 10 mins away from me, i might have to check it out. It's looking like its going to rain though, do i dare go out?

[quote name='gamefan1686']That blockbuster is about 10 mins away from me, i might have to check it out. It's looking like its going to rain though, do i dare go out?[/QUOTE]

Inclement weather never stops a true CAG from getting a deal, my young Padawan.

This is a pretty standard occurance. All these games were once deemed defective by a store and sent back to BB HQ to be refurb'd. They repair them then ship em back out to stores all over as "generic" PPGs for 9.99. Look at the tag on these games (clear cased) and the only thing they specify is the format: PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, PLAY, etc. Great way to load up on the latest titles on the cheap ( Get 3 normally 34.99/ea PPGs for 20 bucks). My GF still works there and hooks me up with cases, artwork, and instructions. A cool employee may let you do the same.

bread's done
Back