*Cries* November is going to SUCK! Seriously, its not fair...

icecubedx5

CAGiversary!
Does anyone realize in one month the games that are coming out? I mean SERIOUSLY THINK about it. I don't plan on buying a PS3 at launch and already I'm going to be having my hands full with just PS2, Wii, and 360.

Gears of War
Final Fantasy XII
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Those 3 "upper-echelon" titles alone are going to be massive and will end any social life for at least till Christmas. What hurts is that those 3 require ALOT of commitment. Gears of War will suck up so many hours on multi-player and single-player. FFXII and Zelda you know will easily eat up 50 hours of gameplay. I'm actually in pain right now thinking how I'm going to juggle those 3 games into my schedule.

Those 3 games are the types that require immediate playing, and no needing to justify paying full price. They are especially the type that you have to play asap just so you can have fun discussing on message boards with everyone. I really don't know how I'm going to split the time for them.

That doesn't even count the "2nd-tier" hit games like Rainbow Six: Vegas, FEAR, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Call of Duty 3, Smackdown vs. Raw, DOAX2, Yoshi's Island 2, Children of Mana. Think I'm done? Like I said, I didn't even mention PS3 games yet whoever does get one will have to add Resistence: Fall of Man to that list which would would make it 4 "upper-echelon" games with Zelda, GoW, and FFXII.

Not done yet. You know what. Better add one more to that "upper-echelon" list. Final Fantasy III. I've already amassed a huge backlog of games thanks to CAG. But can any of you really honestly put off playing either of the above games?

It's almost not fair. I don't know what I'm going to do...:whistle2:k

Know what makes it worse? The fact that September was brutal and October is painful too... This season is good for gaming, but bad for the wallet and your social health.

You're complaining about an influx of good games? What the hell?

Buy them and save a few for summer. It's not like you are required to finish them in a time limit or anything. Chill and just enjoy the games.

Yeah, because its very unsual for good games to come out between Sept and Dec., I'm still trying to find out why this is. Also I've found an influx of game sales go up, especially between the fourth Thursday of Nov and the 25th of Dec. and then it drops drastically after that.

Strange huh?

Yeah November is a big month for me, this is what I plan on buying

(In order of importance)

1. Rainbow Six Vegas XBOX360
2. World of Warcraft Burning Cursade PC
3. Gears of War XBOX360
4. Legend of Zelda Twlight Princess Wii
5. Final Fantasy XII PS2

---
I already have the above payed off from credit, but if I have extra cash during the holidays I will also pick up the following:
6. Guitar Hero II PS2
7. Resistance PS3
8. WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2007 360

then I also have to get
-Nintendo Wii System
and
maybe a Playstation 3 system if I stumble across one.

This is why I can't read about any new games coming out. I start reading about any new releases coming out in the next few months and I'm gonna be far too tempted to pick them up. I barely have enough for FFXII and Guitar Hero II right now; I can't even think of scraping together enough for anything else. Hell, I'll be pushing things getting those as it is. At least I should be able to pick some games up a lot cheaper by the time I have the money for them

[quote name='Roufuss']Stop making threads.[/quote]

lol...he has made 58 diff threads since july 12th...must be a new record;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']lol...he has made 58 diff threads since july 12th...must be a new record;)[/QUOTE]

It seems like 54 of them were made in the last week. He's made two or three threads about his stupid Xbox 360 deal alone.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Screw all the good games, the new Brand New record comes out in Nov.![/QUOTE]

I thought they were due for a new release. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Jedi1979']lol...he has made 58 diff threads since july 12th...must be a new record;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Roufuss']It seems like 54 of them were made in the last week. He's made two or three threads about his stupid Xbox 360 deal alone.[/QUOTE]

Come on guys, take it easy. If you find a problem with someone posting threads, report the thread to a mod and let us deal with it.

No Wii for me.

I will be extremely busy on 360 with Splinter Cell Double Agent, Fifa 07, Viva Pinata, and Gears of War. Can't wait. Plus once Gamestop starts taking preorders on Guitar Hero 2 for 360 I anticpate I will buy first on that list. I can see there not being a huge shipment of the guitars to most stores so I would like to be guranteed my game and guitar at my Gamestop which is much closer then Bestbuy/CircuitCity/etc.

The fact that you can co-op the entire singleplayer campaign on Live is amazing, will make up for the only 8 MP maps.

I have a small backlog of PS2 and DS games so mid-late 2007 I will pick up Final Fantasy XII.

ff3 really might be a system seller for me. i always figured i'd end up with a ds, i just never thought it'd be because of an rpg. ever. and i'm starting to get stoked on ff12. already have twilight princess for wii paid off as well.

Might I suggest just waiting on some of them? Pick one you really want to play, get it, play it, enjoy it, then sell it or keep it, which ever you want, and then go get the next one. By the time you get through all of them that way, you're likely to have had saved some money on a game through price drop or sale and you'll actually give each game the attention you want.

No matter how excited I am about some games, if I buy multiple ones at once I never give any of them a fair shake. I know I have to take things one at a time (or at least one console one handheld) to really enjoy the game and not get immediate buyer's remorse.

Ya its gunna suck cause all these great games come out and I dont have time to play them with midterms

No Wii for me either. Or PS3, or even Xbox 360. I'm a big fan of Zelda, but I figure if I wait a couple years while I play the 50+ unplayed games that I have so far, it'll be worth less money and it will be as awesome as when it comes out (along with the system).

November is terrible, I agree.

This is why since late September I haven't bought any video games. I decided I'd hold back on buying anything for over a month, so that I'd have money to spend in November.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']fuck November. Wait for Feb and love those price drops![/quote]

No doubt. I'm looking forward to spending some time on a couple games at release, and then picking more on the cheap later on.

[quote name='daroga']Might I suggest just waiting on some of them? Pick one you really want to play, get it, play it, enjoy it, then sell it or keep it, which ever you want, and then go get the next one. By the time you get through all of them that way, you're likely to have had saved some money on a game through price drop or sale and you'll actually give each game the attention you want.

No matter how excited I am about some games, if I buy multiple ones at once I never give any of them a fair shake. I know I have to take things one at a time (or at least one console one handheld) to really enjoy the game and not get immediate buyer's remorse.[/quote]

LOL waiting would be the most logical thing to do. Unfortunately its impossible to decide whether to put off Zelda, GoW, or FFXII. A shame we aren't 5 years old where our only worries were eating, sleeping, and playing Nintendo.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Screw all the good games, the new Brand New record comes out in Nov.![/QUOTE]
no shit!!! I pray its on par with deja entendu.

Hey, nice to see more fans of Brand New here!

Anyway, this part of the year is just too much. There's so many things I want to pick up, but I'm only going to be able to get a few (Double Agent, Bully, Rainbow Six and Zelda to name those) All the rest will have to wait until next year since my wallet is just about completely dry.

November is a good month, but IMO, October is way worse, especially for RPG fans with:

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
Magical Starsign (DS)
Children of Mana (DS)
Power Stone Collection (PSP)
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (PSP)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)
Capcom Classics Reloaded (PSP)
Phantasy Star Universe (Probably Xbox 360)
Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 (PSP)
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 (GBA)
Yggdra Union (GBA)
.Hack//GU (PS2)
WTF (PSP)

Novemeber does have some good DS releases, but the only one that competes with Magical Starsign and Children of Mana for me is FFIII.
[quote name='Roufuss']It seems like 54 of them were made in the last week. He's made two or three threads about his stupid Xbox 360 deal alone.[/QUOTE]I don't think I've made anywhere near that many threads since I've been here, which is quite a while.

This time of the year is always filled with massive amounts of games. Last year it was Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, the 360 launch, RE 4 for the PS2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Shadow of the Colussus, Fire Emblem for the GC, Civ IV, GTA: LCS, Soul Calibur 3, Quake IV and F.E.A.R. in the October, November, December end of the year gaming insaneness. Call me crazy but I think next year will have just as many titles that people want to play for the holiday season.

doesnt FF 12 come out OCT 31 so thats really a OCT release : )

its just too bad the Mcdonalds promo sucks this year cause i would really sent in request. Right now i blew around 80 bucks and plan on getting 120 back

Buying

FF 3 DS 30
Summon knight 2 GBA 30 bucks
and

either children of mana DS and FF GBA
or
FF 12

cant be 3 games for 80 bucks

I'm probably only getting Zelda and Gears of War this November unless there are some other compelling Wii games I should be playing...

bread's done
Back