Cross Battle Adapter - Wired 360 Controller

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I use to love Playstation controllers, now I can't stand them and find them to be frustrating to play games with. I love the 360 controller and researched if it was possible to use it on a PS3.

Obviously, it is. The best deal I found was on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3BVFOU06EC1JZ&v=glance

I'd like the best price possible and would think about a used one if available.

41v2i3W2G%2BL._AA280_.jpg

Has anyone ever used this? Any reviews from you CAGs?

Unfortunately you can't use a wireless 360 controller which is what I have and the charger wire doesn't work with it. You must have a wired 360 controller for it to work. Therefore, I'll need a wired 360 controller.

What's the best deal on a new wired controller?

Thanks so much I really appreciate any help!

As far as the 360 controllers, my target has a few of the wired ones on clearance. Not sure of the exact price though.

Since I have a 360 SF4 stick, this would be great for PS3 arcadey stuff. Thanks.

Edit: Wow, that's way more expensive than I wanted it to be.

[quote name='saturnotaku']That controller blows. It's uncomfortable and incredibly cheap feeling. I use the Cross-Battle Adapter 2.0 and it's quite good. It's not practical for a title like Heavy Rain or others that make heavy use of SIXAXIS functionality, but for most games it's great.[/QUOTE]
Controller works just fine for me, cant complain about how it feel's either, compared to the 100+ price tag the XCM + controller carries it's a decent substitute. However, I wont disagree with you on how much better the XCM combo is but in all honesty why would you use this for anything more than FPS titles ?

I was looking at some of these and the only issue is that the PS3 triggers & bumpers are reversed for the Xbox360 controller i heard.
There is a upgraded version of these adapters that let you assign buttons but it costs twice as much.
All this is just stuff ive read so i cant verify that its corect.

[quote name='letmeinnow']I was looking at some of these and the only issue is that the PS3 triggers & bumpers are reversed for the Xbox360 controller i heard.
There is a upgraded version of these adapters that let you assign buttons but it costs twice as much.
All this is just stuff ive read so i cant verify that its corect.[/QUOTE]

That would be the XCM 2.0, it let's you reassign buttons...it baffles me how PS FPS games use the shoulders instead of the triggers and a few games don't even let you remap them, I believe Resistance was guilty of that crap...possibly COD4 also...

I paid quite a bit more with a coupon even from a certain overseas location and Amazon didn't have any at that time... Sad though, didn't make the PS3 any more playable. lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']I paid quite a bit more with a coupon even from a certain overseas location and Amazon didn't have any at that time... Sad though, didn't make the PS3 any more playable. lol[/QUOTE]
Ah kind of like when I paid full retail for the Halo 3 Legendary, only to watch it plummet to $60 on Amazon. I think I have an Idea of how you feel lol

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']That would be the XCM 2.0, it let's you reassign buttons...it baffles me how PS FPS games use the shoulders instead of the triggers and a few games don't even let you remap them, I believe Resistance was guilty of that crap...possibly COD4 also...[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played an FPS with the triggers on a PS3 controller? It's pretty terrible. Though still marginally better than having to use a 360 controller for shooters. Yeash, I'd rather play an FPS with an SNES pad than that piece of crap.

bread's done
Back