Crying in a movie theater

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
Today we came back to school from winter break and every girl student (and my male math teacher) were talking about how they saw Marley and Me and were "balling their eyes out" at how sad the ending was.

marley, the dog, dies...

Really, was it that big of a deal?

Isn't that how every movie with a dog ends? Unless it's Beethoven! Ho! Ho! That dog gets into some CRAZY adventures!

If they didn't want the dog to
die
, they shouldn't have
walked through Chinatown
. Did they even know
what(who) they were eating
?

[quote name='Whambamm']Liquid's giving you a hard time. The word is 'bawl' not 'ball'.[/quote]

No, I think the OP was correct in his usage. He was trying to convey that the movie was so terrible that those who saw it wanted to immediately extract their eyes with a melon baller so that they would never again be tempted to see a movie starring Owen Wilson.

I don't know why the "crying" bit was in there. Must have been a typo.

Sigh, this is why I don't go to see movies often, most of it is rehashed shit, and you get endings like this which isn't that bad, but people find really sad.

I hate dogs anyway. I'm glad that's how it ends. Waste of film to not have Rachel as the focus.

[quote name='Foo228']Today we came back to school from winter break and every girl student (and my male math teacher) were talking about how they saw Marley and Me and were "balling their eyes out" at how sad the ending was.

marley, the dog, dies...

Really, was it that big of a deal?[/quote]

Even though I didn't read the spoiler, I figured out what the spoiler was from your first sentence.

Yeah.. we didn't see it right away and a day or two later people were already saying, "It's really good, but sad at the end." NOT HARD to put it together. No need to see if knowing that. And on a personal note, we put down our 8 1/2 year old golden a few years ago way too young due to heart disease. Not really something I want to relive through a movie.

The only movie I have cryed at in recent memory is I am Legend.
When he had to strangle his own dog, its so sad. Coincidentally, the movie went downhill after that.

I read the book Marley and Me and it was really good, but sad. I dunno, but I really seem to connect with dogs more than anything else, which is why I definitely won't be seeing Marley and Me.

old yeller , sounder and there was another story about a kid who had a dog with an odd bark. those are dog stories worth crying for. the only thing in Marley and me that would make me cry is how Jennifer Anniston kills erections or how she cock blocks David Arquette.

the only 2 movies i can recall still feeling emotions over are The Red balloon and the claymation version of The Little Prince......and yeah Optimus Prime dying in Transformers the Movie..........damn you Megatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']The last movie I cried about was probably "Graveyard of the Fireflies." Oh the futility.[/quote]

thats a good damn movie.

[quote name='neocisco']The last movie that I cried at was Chronicles of Riddick when I realized it was too late to get my money back.[/QUOTE]

werd, i cried for weeks. more like tears of rage though..

Not going to see it, looks like Owen Wilson ruins the movie and the concept is dumb....its like where the "Red Fern grows" 150 years later.

Besides there are always tons of movies like this.

Million Dollar Baby made me teary eyed, in theatres.

So did The Life Aquatic.

[quote name='jbroush99']If they didn't want the dog to
die
, they shouldn't have
walked through Chinatown
. Did they even know
what(who) they were eating
?

The first and last movie I cried at in movie theaters was King Kong Lives, I believe I was 4 or 5 at the time. When the army turns Kong into swiss cheese at the end as his pregnant mate gives birth to his son........ yep I lost it. :lol: They don't make movies like that anymore!

I am most definitely a dog lover. I have grown up with dogs and have 5 currently at my house -small dogs. Anyway dog owners can relate to lose their pet because it is like losing someone in your family. If you had a pet that you cared about for years it is only natural for you to be sad when they pass.

On a similar not when I read the title of this thread Marley and Me was the first thing that popped into my mind. And like someone mentioned earlier I was misty eyed also when in I am Legend the dog died. The dog was the only character I cared about in that entire movie.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']The last movie I cried about was probably "Graveyard of the Fireflies." Oh the futility.[/quote]I don't care who you are, this is a movie to cry too. That and Barefoot Gen, what sad movies.

I can't remember crying in a move theater, though I know I have been teary-eyed during some films. The most extreme reaction to a movie I can recall is falling asleep during Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and walking out during a showing of the Village.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My friends said they cried at the end of the movie. I hate dogs so I won't be seeing it.[/quote]
It should be a happy ending for you, then. ;)

[quote name='detectiveconan16']The last movie I cried about was probably "Graveyard of the Fireflies." Oh the futility.[/quote]

Yes, this is the saddest movie ever. Even the hardest man couldn't hold in tears after seeing those poor, poor little kids.

Well, if we're counting movies we've seen outside of a movie theater, I did cry during Grave of the Fireflies. That is a wholly depressing, powerful film.

[quote name='Chase']Well, if we're counting movies we've seen outside of a movie theater, I did cry during Grave of the Fireflies. That is a wholly depressing, powerful film.[/quote]

worst is I assumed it was a typical Miyazaki film like My Neighbor Totoro! so I got my then girlfriend and one of my roommates to watch it.

This was the first exposure to anime for my roomate... and to this day, he refuses to watch anime...especially miyazaki films. haha

geez... even reading an online review on IMDB still makes me sad ...damn movie

"Akiyuku Nosaka, who wrote the novel upon which this film was based, wrote it as an open apology to his sister. He was in Seita's position in 1945, his sister died of malnutrition and as an adult he blamed himself. The reason he wrote the book was to make amends to his sister and to help himself come to terms with the tragedy."

[quote name='kube00']Not going to see it, looks like Owen Wilson ruins the movie and the concept is dumb....its like where the "Red Fern grows" 150 years later.

Besides there are always tons of movies like this.[/quote]

Curious what his last "good" movie was, i like wedding crashers, but other than that not much...

I was talking to one of my friend's today and she said that she watched the movie, and was also crying at the ending, along with the rest of theater. I really don't get it...

I really don't have any interest in seeing this movie or reading the book... but I knew the ending of it, way before the movie came out.

[quote name='MisterModest']The Darjeeling Limited.[/quote]

This.

My girlfriend came out of the wrestler at the same time Marley and Me was letting out.. EVERYONE was crying and now she can't wait to watch the movie.. Why?!?! how boring is your life that you're excited about the idea that something might make you cry.

I wish this movie was around for when I broke up with ex-girlfriends... "There! Now you don't have to see Marley and Me. You're welcome."

Has anyone else ever had the urge to go into a thriller movie in the middle of it, yell out the plot twist and run?:twisted: I hate spoilers so I would never do it but the idea is very tempting.

I actually went in to a horror movie once that I had already seen, waited until a scary part was coming up then just yelled extremely loud and watched everybody freak out. Ah, the follies of youth.

It sickens me that people still spend money on this type of shit movie.

They should have been bawling their eyes out during Benjamin Button.

[quote name='Malik112099']It sickens me that people still spend money on this type of shit movie.

They should have been bawling their eyes out during Benjamin Button.[/quote]

i didn't cry at all during BB... my girl got a bit teary eyed though...but she always does

bread's done
Back